• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReZourceman

• Happenstance

• Paj!

• Dan_Dare

Joking apart though dude.....don't go posting shit like that again without preceding it with "NOT CAUSE FOR CONCERN" :p.

I am thankfully "picking up" today. There is some good stuff out.

And is this the first time you're meeting parent mere? Good luck. Not that you'll need it. Charming bastard. :p

AHEM

I have been missing out on comics due to the dreaded real life shiz aka my dissertation.

It has come to my attention that something is wrong in the comic world, I've mentioned it before but it's getting worse.

NOBODY IS BUYING COMICS ANYMORE!!!

Secret Invasion sold 280,000 issues for issue one, I think fear itself will manage just over 100,000. Most of the comics sell between 50,000 to 25,000 and it's declining fast. What ideas do you people have that can be done about it?

Nothing.

I am a comics fan (one of a relative few in the world compared to fans of...other things, IDK) and I don't buy comics. I can't afford it. I would buy a lot of graphic novels, though that has slowed due to to uni and other monetary commitments.

The 20 pages or whatever just more often than not doesn't feel worth the 2.99/whatever price. I was always used to the UK "Collector's Edition" of getting 3 US comics in one issue for that price. Much better value. (Though I know time spent reading being short doesn't equal the time spent on each comic...)

I dont really buy comics anymore I just couldnt keep up with them so I wait until they are out in graphic novel form. Saying that I did buy the Return of Bruce Wayne series along with the Batman and Robin tie in.

Oh I did just buy the first few issues of Batman Inc though which is awesome but as for everything else they can wait.

The companies have brought it on themselves as well anyway, writing every story now so its easily collected in trades, a lot of people like myself just find it easier to wait for the whole story. Plus as weve talked about before, the numbers these days dont reflect all sales like digital etc and until they do, shouldnt really be worried about.

Agreed. The price is basically what stops me buying. If I could walk in to a shop with a tenner and walk out with 5 or more singles, maybe I'd put down the cash but £3 for 22 pages just isn't worth it- especially when they're so easily damaged, too. Why would I bother when I can get the same books printed on better paper and in hardback a few months later?

oh and for less money too.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!