N-Europe

Wii60 love is increasing!

Maiky-NiSuTe

I still play my Wii quite a lot. I had a GameCube last gen but I barely played it apart from the single player big guns, though notably not metroid, and smash bros. Yer we have a bit of a games drought atm but the stuff I missed out on last gen is filling that hole.

I have to say though I would never, ever buy a 360 or a PS3. The only games that really appeal to me on those systems are shooters. Trouble is they're always terrible compared to their PC counterparts. My PC feeds my FPS and RTS needs and the Wii everything else pretty much. I'll never understand why people want to play CoD2 on their Xbox when even an oldish computer will run it well these days and with keyboard and mouse...... Controllers are so weak for first persons :p The Wii has the potential to change that though, I don't think it will ever be as accurate as a mouse but it could get close and it also feels more like holding a gun, roll on Metroid to find out I suppose!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't even consider selling my Wii. It may not have such a broad lineup as the 360 currently has, but it has such a bright future, and new games are getting released and announced all the time. It's absolute madness to judge or sell the machine at this point, imo.

Wow, for a Nintendo forum there's not a lot of Wii love on here. Well i'm not going to deny that the 360 has better games at the moment, and the Wii and PS3 showings are, well poor is an understatement, but its all relative. The 360 was a joke in its first year, probably one of the worst launches i've seen. I was close to selling it before it broke. But i've rebought it now and its great.

PS3s got some great games coming in the future (though i'll hold off on buying it till I see how many are exclusive) and the Wii has Smash Bros, Metroid and Mario in the next year. No explanation necessary.

MY cousin came over yesterday saying he was going to buy a ps3 with motorstorm cos it looked well good. i then showed him my Wii and Excitetruck (first time he's ever played the Wii).

We were up to 2am playing the Wii (so 6 hours) and about 4 of those we us playing excitetruck. He admitted the Wii was way more fun than the ps3 and he's gonna buy one soon.

Now the 360 is a console for the hardcore gamers, i'm not going to deny that...but the Wii has some great games coming out this xmas, such as Zack and Wiki, Guitar Hero 3, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy, Smash, Madden (way better on Wii), and there's plently of others, and then 'Mario & Sonic' for the casuals.

Anyone who isn't buying wii games and complaining at the lack of them is just being dumb.

I was under the impression the reason why games undersell is because they aren't that good...

Zelda Was Good

Wii Sports is good

However none of the games on the Wii are tempting...

OBJECTION! beyond Good and Evil contradicts what you just said :heh:

Well if you see excitetruck for £20 get that, it's definately worth it.

What about Trauma Center? Resident Evil 4 (I mean, it's the best version of one of the best games of all time)?

Are you going to be buying Mario Galaxy? Metroid? Zack & Wiki?

OBJECTION! beyond Good and Evil contradicts what you just said :heh:

Well if you see excitetruck for £20 get that, it's definately worth it.

What about Trauma Center? Resident Evil 4 (I mean, it's the best version of one of the best games of all time)?

Are you going to be buying Mario Galaxy? Metroid? Zack & Wiki?

First Off I playes Resi 4 on GC and didn't like it besides it's basically the same game with abit more two it, I'm not paying for the same game twice..

Excite Truck? Maybe I could get GRAW on 360 for that much?

And FYI I hate pretty much everything Mario....

Overated : peace: :smile::)

First Off I playes Resi 4 on GC and didn't like it besides it's basically the same game with abit more two it, I'm not paying for the same game twice..

Excite Truck? Maybe I could get GRAW on 360 for that much?

And FYI I hate pretty much everything Mario....

Overated : peace: :smile::)

Overrated? You're kidding, some of the mario games are some of the best games ever, hands down.

There is more to a nintendo console than mario. There are so many games out this year to appeal to basically anyone.

oh and on a different note, your review of my sig in the creative board made me lol.

Overrated? You're kidding, some of the mario games are some of the best games ever, hands down.

There is more to a nintendo console than mario. There are so many games out this year to appeal to basically anyone.

oh and on a different note, your review of my sig in the creative board made me lol.

Well I'm glad I'm making people smile...

As for Mario I just don't like him at all...

I have my reasons but posting them on a Nintendo Forum wouldn't be a good idea...

I just don't like Mario :shakehead

Well I'm glad I'm making people smile...

As for Mario I just don't like him at all...

I have my reasons but posting them on a Nintendo Forum wouldn't be a good idea...

I just don't like Mario :shakehead

Post them, I see no harm in saying why you don't like the games.

But there are many others this year that are looking brilliant, from Fifa to Metroid to endless ocean. There's so many games that look awesome.

I'm ignorant as pig shit when it comes to Nintendo, Mario Especially, Don't get me wrong I've played and tried them...

But it's like Mario Kart is Just Mario Kart, Mario Strikers is just not really that good, and every game in realtion to him is the same story with same chracters. It's an over used franchise and in my eyes very stale as well.

You could probably pick so many holes in my argument but I'm being honest when I say...

Mario really is so so over overated....

I'm ignorant as pig shit when it comes to Nintendo, Mario Especially, Don't get me wrong I've played and tried them...

But it's like Mario Kart is Just Mario Kart, Mario Strikers is just not really that good, and every game in realtion to him is the same story with same chracters. It's an over used franchise and in my eyes very stale as well.

You could probably pick so many holes in my argument but I'm being honest when I say...

Mario really is so so over overated....

Hmm, I'm not talking about his spin-offs to make more cash for ninty, I mean the real mario games. Surely you can't think their over-rated? I mean super mario 64, mario bros etc...and the soon to be released galaxy.

Hmm, I'm not talking about his spin-offs to make more cash for ninty, I mean the real mario games. Surely you can't think their over-rated? I mean super mario 64, mario bros etc...and the soon to be released galaxy.

As I said it's easy to pick holes in it, I might give Galaxy a go but isn't high on my list...At all:blank:

Anyone who isn't buying wii games and complaining at the lack of them is just being dumb.

Not really, when you own a Wii and a 360 and you compare the games both consoles offer you realise that the 360 has a lot more games worth your money than the Wii.

It might not be that the Wii doesn't have enough hardcore games, but un-biasedly compare it to the other consoles and you realise that the PS3 and the 360 have more and better core games.

I think the main problem with the Wii is that it misses out on a lot of multi-platform titles because of Nintendo's decision to make the console barely more powerful than the Gamecube.

I believe that if the Wii was as powerful as the competition it wouldn't miss out on titles such as Resident Evil 5, Assassin's Creed and maybe even GTA 4, I think it's a fair point to say that we'd all prefer a port of a game from the 360 or PS3 than a port from the PSP or PS2.

Although the Wii is clearly a great success without the horse-power of the other consoles so I can understand why Nintendo did so, it's low price-point makes the console more affordable to the public than the competition and they are making a handsome amount of profit from the Wii.

In the end though it's all down to personal tastes, and there is a clear division in this forum between people who are satisfied with their Wii's and people who are not and therefore there will always be friction between these people because of their opinions.

It all comes down to your definition of Hardcore/core Games/gamers!!

Why is someone who plays Standard-FPS 11 and Generic Fighter 6 more of a 'core' gamer than one who plays Wii Sports or Big Brain Academy?

Perhaps a 'Hardcore' gamer is one who wants to experience every format of gaming, not just the select few some people claim are the 'real core' genres!!

Just a thought!

It all comes down to your definition of Hardcore/core Games/gamers!!

Why is someone who plays Standard-FPS 11 and Generic Fighter 6 more of a 'core' gamer than one who plays Wii Sports or Big Brain Academy?

Perhaps a 'Hardcore' gamer is one who wants to experience every format of gaming, not just the select few some people claim are the 'real core' genres!!

Just a thought!

your calling a game where you do maths a hardcore game?

your calling a game where you do maths a hardcore game?

Hardcore gaming means nothing. A game is a game. People who play all types of games should be considered a more hardcore gamer. Though why do people insist on using the word hardcore? Everyone is just a gamer, no matter what you play.

What Haggis said...

But one more thing, What is your definition of the mythical 'Hardcore' game??

the thing don't exist really, i just don't want to be playing no brain training shit, thats what school is for I want to have fun while playing a game.

I have two definitions of games. Normal games and that touch generation nonsense i keep on seeing on tv

To say everyone is just a gamer and there are no variations of gamers is a very untrue comment. There are clear differences between people who play games and these differences need to be labeled so people can explain points they're trying to make.

A person (Gamer 1) who plays Pro-Evo every Friday night when his mates come round and nothing else all week is clearly different to someone (Gamer 2) who plays Halo 2 every night, Final Fantasy 12 at weekends, goes on gaming forums and checks gaming news everyday.

But to explain the difference between those two gamers clearly wastes time so you would label Gamer 1 a 'Casual Gamer' and Gamer 2 a 'Hardcore Gamer'.