NEurope

Just checked a few posts in the meaningless post thread and thought that this deserved a thread of its own.

ReBoot was seriously THE shit. I especially liked it when, as Darksnowman pointed out, when Enzo grew up and was acting all tough, in the search for Bob.

I never got to see how it ended, though. :(

Just checked a few posts in the meaningless post thread and thought that this deserved a thread of its own.

ReBoot was seriously THE shit. I especially liked it when, as Darksnowman pointed out, when Enzo grew up and was acting all tough, in the search for Bob.

I never got to see how it ended, though. :(

Darksnowman?

It was me that pointed it out and go here to watch the series 3 to 5. :bouncy:

Ah ok, thanks. I can remember some of those episodes from the descriptions. Remember Fax Modem and Data Nully? Lol, Reboot + X-Files = me loving it even more.

Pity that CiTV pulled it though, it would've been good to see how it all turned out before this trilogy hits. I might have to do some digging.

(Reboot really should merit its own thread here.)

Now is this a Darksnowman thread or a ReBoot discussion? :heh: But just while we're on the subject of that most loved of forum member, he also said that ReBoot could do with its own thread - as demonstrated above in the small print. I'm glad someone took me up on the challenge!

Fierce_LiNk, did you ever see the episodes with Fax Modem and Data Nully? (Fox Mulder and Dana Scully!) If you did, and seeing as you're an X-Files fan, wasnt it a cool thing for them to do? I suppose it was probably when the 'Files were at the height of their popularity.

Anyone know if there are DVDs of the series available? ...or will I just do some Googling myself?

"I come from the net,

Through systems.... peoples.... and cities...

To this place!.... MAINFRAME!!"

"My format..... Guardian!

To mend and defend,

To defend my new found friends,

Their hopes and dreams,

To defend them from... their Enemies!!"

"They say the user lives outside the net,

and inputs games for pleasure!

No one knows for sure....

But I intend to find out!..........

ReBoot!!"

ReBoot was AWESOME!!

You can watch episodes over on http://www.tv-links.co.uk

Loved the hoverboards! and Hack and Slash were cool!

hakslash.jpg

I had a toy of Hack (the Red one).

I always thought it was complete shit, although maybe I was a bit old for it at the time.

"I come from the net,

Through systems.... peoples.... and cities...

To this place!.... MAINFRAME!!"

"My format..... Guardian!

To mend and defend,

To defend my new found friends,

Their hopes and dreams,

To defend them from... their Enemies!!"

"They say the user lives outside the net,

and inputs games for pleasure!

No one knows for sure....

But I intend to find out!..........

ReBoot!!"

ReBoot was AWESOME!!

You can watch episodes over on http://www.tv-links.co.uk

Loved the hoverboards! and Hack and Slash were cool!

hakslash.jpg

I had a toy of Hack (the Red one).

I love you, that link is so fricken awesome, ALL THOSE TV SHOWS. There's so many that I never got to see, especially reboot which is awesome.

I used to love it although did get confused when the world seemed to change every week, never really knew where they were going or why...

I absolutely loved this! The CG was really impressive at the time, the characters were so original, and it actually had a story, a rare thing in western cartoons. I was so hyped when I saw the time lapse, seeing Enzo all bad ass.

On topic: I also like darksnowman. Not as much though.

I watched it cause I had nothing better to do, but I remember hating AT LEAST the crappy 3D. Don't remember much about the story though.

I remember this. It was alright show actually. Never really grabbed me, but I do think the franchise could use another outing.

but I remember hating AT LEAST the crappy 3D.
Well Reboot was...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBoot

It was credited with being the first full length, completely computer animated TV series. When the series debuted in 1994, the first computer-animated feature film, Toy Story, had not yet been released.

So give it some credit!

Well Reboot was...

So give it some credit!

It sill sucked :P I prefer proper drawings than crappy 3D and it's not because I'm used to see good graphics now, I thought the same back then.

Funny you guys are bringing this up now...

''ReBoot Rebooted!

Classic cartoon to become film trilogy

It's a great day for anyone who watched TV cartoons in the mid- to late-1990s. ReBoot, the world's first CGI animated series and one of the most barmily inventive shows ever to call itself kid's entertainment, is being set up for not one film, but an entire trilogy.

The plot of the series was set in a city called Mainframe, where binomes and sprites go about their business and live their digital lives. The chief dangers came from the gigantic game cubes (not to be confused with GameCubes) which would descend on a section of the city. At that point, sprite guardian Bob and others would battle to beat the User, lest the User win and that entire neighbourhood be destroyed as a result. Further threats came from the evil Web, and dangerous enemies like Hexadecimal, Megabyte and (later) Gigabyte.

The series started off quite bright and cheery, with lots of pop culture references and kid-friendly characters, but got much, much darker in its third series and finally went off the air. The plans to reboot the series and take it to the big screen are complex - Rainmaker is teaming up with a comic site called Zeros To Heroes and asking five undiscovered writers to work up story ideas, which fans will then have the chance to comment on and get involved in proving. In August, fans will choose the winning pitch and a web comic will come out, based on that idea, later this year, with a film following after that.

It's a complex plan, but one that could fit in well with ReBoot's still-loyal fan base. And after the CG bubble has well and truly burst, it might be just the time to go back to basics and build a new mainframe.''

From Empire.

Series 1 is my favourite intro, it's how I remember it being!

Must have never seen series 3 onwards, don't remember the show being like that! with MegaByte doing the intro!!

My older brother still holds a grudge with my other older brother for not telling him it was on one day when he wanted to watch it. "I wanted to watch ReBoot!" He'll tell him. Even to this day he'll still go on about it.

I loved ReBoot and sadly I was devasted when channel 3 stopped showing it cause I never got to see how it ended.

I was devestated for days but now I wanna see how it ends.I loved it back in the day.

Series 1 is my favourite intro, it's how I remember it being!

Must have never seen series 3 onwards, don't remember the show being like that! with MegaByte doing the intro!!

The reason that you dont remember it because CiTV stop showning it for being too dark for the kids after parents moaned about this episode.

I disagree about the leaping into the future thing.

You can always tell it's near the end and they're running out of ideas.

Enzo's just a kid. I know, let's advance a few years, he's all rugged and shit with no explanation how. Genius!

Insektors was class too.

I disagree about the leaping into the future thing.

You can always tell it's near the end and they're running out of ideas.

Enzo's just a kid. I know, let's advance a few years, he's all rugged and shit with no explanation how. Genius!

Insektors was class too.

Enzo and AndrAIa aged because of traveling in the games.

Ah man, this was one of the shows I'd rarely watch, but really enjoyed.