N-Europe

The Simpsons Movie

Bluejay

Burns as a villain would be too tripe. Hes been the villain countless times. The film is, and needed to be, bigger. Having an external force with more power was important.

Arnie was a satire. I think theres a chance (although I heard theres not because he isn't native) that he could be president in a few years. Besides theres less chance McBane, a two-bit action film star from a small town, would be president.

Bart has wanted to be a Flanders before. And it wasn't so much wanting to be one anyway, it was a case of realising (again) Homer is in many ways a shit father. But also oddly a good one to Bart. They are like schoolyard buddies (daring each other and such). Its just Homer never seems to learn he needs to be more than that.

Anyway there were a lot of regulars who were overlooked (but then again, how many regulars are there, like 200?) but thats what the sequels will be for.

i know what your saying about Mr. Burns but from what I can recall ( a few days have passed) the new villian wasn't a funny character, and this to me made it too hollywood-y-fied-y (yes it is a real word)

And I know bart wanted to become a Flanders before but this time it was done in a really wierd way, this and the Colin parts were the really crap elements of the film for me.

While I think on again, Where was Duff man. Love him. Anyway, let's hope for a quite big imporovement for the sequal.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know what your saying about Mr. Burns but from what I can recall ( a few days have passed) the new villian wasn't a funny character, and this to me made it too hollywood-y-fied-y (yes it is a real word)

And I know bart wanted to become a Flanders before but this time it was done in a really wierd way, this and the Colin parts were the really crap elements of the film for me.

While I think on again, Where was Duff man. Love him. Anyway, let's hope for a quite big imporovement for the sequal.

I think I saw Duffman in one of those "hey look its everyone scenes", maybe when they were cleaning up the town near the start?

He wasn't really made to be that funny (villain), he had one or two jokes but mostly he was made to be genuinely nasty, rather than comically nasty in my opinion. The drunk with power line is the only attempt at a joke I can recall (which fell flat)

Because your cinema audience was prolli full of 10 year olds Haggis mate.

And fuck being too cliche, Mr. Burns is a genius character. Anything with him in is stunning. Having Homer as Mr. Invincible is cliche if anything, Mr Burns as the baddie would of been hilarious (maybe get that first kiss with smithers lol) and would of kepted the masses happier.

Ive still to see the film, hopefully see it this week

Nope I was lucky, It was pretty packed full to the brim with twenty/thirty soemthings, except for a group of ***** behind me.

But what could Mr Burns have done that was new? He has fired everyone, kidnapped celebrities, tried to have an affair with Marge, destroyed Smither's spirit, withdrawn power from Springfield, blocked the sun. He doesn't have the power to do anything much bigger.

And don't be belittling members if you can't get correct grammar down hobbzinio :p

Blasphemey!!!! :p

Homer is the the awesome. So is basically every simpsons character, but you do have to admit having Mr Burns as the villian would have had loads of people complaining it was too samey.

(which they did when the second trailer came out and it looked like he was)

(oh and is my first word spelt right? I'm thick)

Who gives a shit about people thinking it to be too samey. Mr. Burns is possibly the greatest character ever to be created!

He is brilliant with his one liners. But the cat lady wins for me, just out of pure randomness. (and the voice)

actually, screw that, Ralph is the best.

How am I belittling members? Your just being a shit stirrer.

And what a comma was out? Whoop Dee Doo LOL! Find a less pickier way of trying to attack me and you will have my respect.

What the fuck else can Homer do Mr. I Watch every U.S. Sitcom ever? He has been subjected to everything and came out of it with a "DOH!"... Mr. Burns despite all of that is still fuckin hilarious, Homer isnt as much these days.

One the :p tends to imply a non serious-ness. If I were shit stirring people would be feeling shitty and Haggis just let it fly. You were implying anyone who laughed at the film couldn't have been elder than 10. And the incorrect grammar "would of" which isn't even a person note, I know its common. It just always jumps out at me. Anyway, why the defensive all the time? It was just a sarcy remark you seem to have taken a bit too seriously. So lets drop it k?

(and I'm not here to win people's respect. I couldn't give a flying bajingo.)

Lol I was the only person who laughed at the cat lady in the cinemas I think. And the "I like men now" by Ralph was also quite funny. But seeing as though I have been slating the film so much I thought I'd share my favourie part and then go to bed. The "I was elected to lead not read" had me going for a while.

Lol I was the only person who laughed at the cat lady in the cinemas I think. And the "I like men now" by Ralph was also quite funny. But seeing as though I have been slating the film so much I thought I'd share my favourie part and then go to bed. The "I was elected to lead not read" had me going for a while.

"I like men now" was classic.

KK I assumed you were just being a dick, My bad.

And all I meant was it is unusual for the whole cinema to be laughing at a cartoon movie like The Simpsons. If so, then in my experience more often then not, children would of made up that screening 9:1

I know too many teenagers who just laugh like little girls everytime Homer says "Doh" or Bart says "Eat My Shorts." The laughter I get out of The Simpsons is from its social commentary more then anything.

Suprisingly (or not...I dunno, it was 9pm) our showing was void of kids. I think the youngest people there would have been about 14/15.

I also prefer the satire and commentary. The only example I can think of is the Fox 'advert' in it though, which I think was lost on most people who haven't illegally downloaded American programming with their huge in-programme adverts that pop up all the time.

I hope they do an extras-filled DVD because I have heard various people saying they cut so much and I want to see what exactly.

Suprisingly (or not...I dunno, it was 9pm) our showing was void of kids. I think the youngest people there would have been about 14/15.

I also prefer the satire and commentary. The only example I can think of is the Fox 'advert' in it though, which I think was lost on most people who haven't illegally downloaded American programming with their huge in-programme adverts that pop up all the time.

I hope they do an extras-filled DVD because I have heard various people saying they cut so much and I want to see what exactly.

The cut 2 films worth of stuff. If they put that all on the dvd I will be in heaven.

I was also the only one to crack up at the advert bit. Though the part at the start where the man said about there's no point in watching a movie when you could see the series on tv for free was pretty funny too.

The biggest collective laughs from my cinema was from Spider Pig and Homer pretending to have a chainsaw. :D

Me and the friends I was with all cheered when Spider-Pig came on! :awesome:

I found the chainsaw great, too, but most people didn't seem to. Maybe it's because I play Gears of War, and chainsaws have a special relevance to me. :heh:

The biggest collective laughs from my cinema was from Spider Pig and Homer pretending to have a chainsaw. :D

I forgot about that. That was was what proably got the most laughter in the cinema. I don't think there was one person not laughing pretty hard.

I'm amazed at the reactions in your cinema Haggis, I really am.

Spiderpig will always be one of those unsolved mysteries to me whereby everyone seems to find it hilarious yet I seem to be the only person who doesn't know wtf is supposed to be funny about it.

Me and the friends I was with all cheered when Spider-Pig came on! :awesome:

I found the chainsaw great, too, but most people didn't seem to. Maybe it's because I play Gears of War, and chainsaws have a special relevance to me. :heh:

The people i was sitting with must all enjoy a nice Deathmatch on Gears of War killing locusts with a chainsaw as Coltrane as they found it funnier than Spider Pig!!!

I liked the slow Spider Pig song in the background when Homer is having an epiphany. :awesome:

I'm amazed at the reactions in your cinema Haggis, I really am.

Spiderpig will always be one of those unsolved mysteries to me whereby everyone seems to find it hilarious yet I seem to be the only person who doesn't know wtf is supposed to be funny about it.

Its a pig. Its a spiderpig. Whats not funny!

Did anyone else catch the spider pig music?

The time i laughed the most was when homer looks up at the giant dome and says 'DOOHHHHHH-me!!!' It took me a couple of seconds to get the joke and hence laughed really loudly after everyone else and sounded like a simpleton.....oh well.