NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

Oi, oi! That's a spoiler right there! I won't be struggling with that one now, will I?

Considering the size of the ship and the size of the target the clue I gave aint really that helpful just as Mike said :grin:

What's the heart of africa thing?

It's a jewel that you can only get in the Wesker / Jill battle... like I've said before, anyone who's got the 'bad blood' achievement will have either got or had the oppourtunity to pick up this jewel. :)

How do you get it? Whats the trick to get loads of money in 45 seconds?

How do you get it? Whats the trick to get loads of money in 45 seconds?

Ok well, all you need is the infinite launcher, let Wesker break down the door, then hide round the corner and fire a rocket at the mofo, he'll catch it, you shoot it, it explodes, you get an achievement - if you don't have it allready - then the heart of africa will appear in the main room between where the two green herbs are.

Easier if you get close to him, dodge his melees with the left stick, and get a combo on him.

Right well I dont have the infinite rocket launcher!

Get one! :) all you need to do is beat the game in under five hours on Amateur which is pretty easy and well worth it.

You will be able to get a few more of the gems with it too as there are a few enemies that you may normally run away from in the game, but if you rocket anything that moves then you will surely find your rewards. :heh:

I loved using the rocket launcher it was such a laugh. 2 player co-op + 2 rocket launchers = MASSIVE DAMAGE :)

I loved using the rocket launcher it was such a laugh. 2 player co-op + 2 rocket launchers = MASSIVE DAMAGE :)

Especially when hitting the Weak-Point of the Giant Enemy Crab. :wink:

Especially when hitting the Weak-Point of the Giant Enemy Crab. :wink:

I was waiting for someone to take the bait :)

Zomg. Still on Vet with Shorty, we just did 6-1 and we figured we'd trip back and hunt for some emblems... and we FOUND THEM ALL BITCHES. Screw you and your guides, we win.

... I still need about 7 treasures, mind you. Looking forward to speed-runs to get the inf. rocket launcher, but still utter shite at Mercenaries.

well, i didnt realise the chainsaw guys came back to life on higher difficulty, scared the crap out of me.

also, palying drunk imporves the game.

Chris; I find that's the case with most games :P

Nope. You can farm lickers on 5-2, you get 15.000 on each go for roughly 1 minute. :bouncy:

Lies :P I've never gotten more than 12,500!

The best, non-lamest way to get loads of dosh is to do the caves. Shorty and I ran through the whole of that bit pretty much as quick as we could, and we came out with 40k apiece. You can do 1-2 in a few minutes and get ~10k from the two treasure chests there, too.

We just did a 'speed' run on amateur with inifinite ammo on in about 2 hours 40 mins. I then selected teh a-ranked chapters and upped them to S solo, which got my time down to about 2 hours 33. Infinite rocket launcher makes the bosses a complete and utter joke, it's unreal. Could totally make that time a lot quicker. I can't seem to get 1-1 much quicker than 10 mins, though -- the fight at the end just goes on and on as if on a timer.

Still got six empty slots on my treasure menu - I know I need two ellipse-shaped jewels but can't for the life of me imagine where they'll be, let alone the other four whatevers... We'll do a Pro run through and keep a sharper eye out!

The Versus DLC is up btw, just played a few games but hmm weren't there supposed to be extra achievements as part of it? because I've downloaded it and it seems there are none... anyway it's ok... not quite as good as I thought it would be due to the fact that it's split into two different games but you can kill each other in both...

Slayer is supposed to be all about killing the enemies, four player mercenaries basically, but everyone just ends up killing one another so it might as well just be another deathmatch mode. :/

Survivor is supposed to be the one where you pwn each other, 'cept I haven't tried it yet because that is what everyone is allready doing in Slayer. ><

Meh... the way things are atm, I'll take standard two player mercenaries mode over this any day.

Edit - nvm, the achievements have suddenly appeared in the list, I probably just need to play it some more.

Edited by S.C.G

Infinite rocket launcher makes the bosses a complete and utter joke, it's unreal.

Truth. The final final fight with Wesker (in the Volcanoe) can be ended with one rocket launcher headshot. Before he jumps across to Sheva or you smash the boulder up. One headshot kills him fully.

I'm enjoying the new versus mode a lot more now, it's fun once you get into it. :)

My cousin discovered this one...

During the ending, pay close attention, and it appears that Wesker ducks just before the rockets hit him. Although I think that might have been noticed before, but then I'm slightly unsure on this.

However, watch closely during this part of the scene:

weskerlives.jpg

Something appears to move accross the screen, you might need to freeze frame it to see properly. Could it be Wesker making an escape? I sure hope so, because if he's dead it's such a shit way for Wesker to die.

This game is so sick gattling gun with chris longbow with sheva and co-op nothing more satisfaying than getting that finishing combo with chris on wesker!

As for him he was a clone it was clearly shown when he finsihed spencer.

ok, there seems a little confusuion over the whole ending here, lets get it sorted.

first of all, this was the real wesker, he wasnt a clone but a geneticcaly designed baby, part of a larger group and the only survivor.

secondly, the missles at the end of the game cause a wave of lava to splash over him, thus killing him. he wont be back from that, not a chance.

ok, there seems a little confusuion over the whole ending here, lets get it sorted.

first of all, this was the real wesker, he wasnt a clone but a geneticcaly designed baby, part of a larger group and the only survivor.

secondly, the missles at the end of the game cause a wave of lava to splash over him, thus killing him. he wont be back from that, not a chance.

Capcom would kill wesker? thats like killing Akuma from street fighter.

Capcom would kill wesker? thats like killing Akuma from street fighter.

well, why would they end the game like that if not to kill him, if shes going to survive, have him run off, or seperated from chris?

he was swimming in lava at the end anyway, and that didn't seem to be bothering him too much, he still attacked the 'copter