NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

I realise I'm way behind everyone else here, since I'm probably the only person left on the planet who hasn't finished it.

But I'm so outraged at what I just saw that I have to mention it.

ZOMBIES WITH GUNS?

ZOMBIES WITH GUNS?

Well technically they aren't zombies, just the same kind of people who got infaected by parasites just like in Resi 4... and in that they had weapons too including guns so I wasn't shocked that more of them were 'tooled up' this time around.

I realise I'm way behind everyone else here, since I'm probably the only person left on the planet who hasn't finished it.

ZOMBIES WITH GUNS?

Yeah I raged at that part.

I noticed it when I was behind cover with a machine gun shooting at the mfrom said cover.

For a moment it felt like Gears of War...

I don't remember any zombies with guns in Resi4. Zombies with catapults, zombies with crossbows, zombies with spears. No zombies with guns.

And the cover thing only made it worse, as Mundi said. Speaking of which: why does Chris insist on staying out in the open to use the bolt action on the rifle?

I don't remember any zombies with guns in Resi4.

chaingun.jpg

They remade the big gatling gun turret guy who was from RE4, so now he has a huge rectangular block on his back for ammunition. It's the same weapon that Chris can get with unlimited ammo.

Tbh the zombies in RE4 were capable of stoking a fire and doing any number of things, and the fact most of them didn't use guns was down to them just using old fashioned tools and weaponry that was probably all around them.

Edited by Sheikah

ZOMBIES WITH GUNS?

I found that rather annoying tbh, that entire section veered off the Resident Evil style waaaay too much tbh. Gears of Evil, anyone?

I don't remember any zombies with guns in Resi4. Zombies with catapults, zombies with crossbows, zombies with spears. No zombies with guns.

The monks and the soilders on the island had guns.

The monks had crossbows, spears and rocket-launches and stage railgun in one room area.

The soilders had guns and stun rods.

Got all the achievements on this bar completing the game on professional difficulty. Started working on that this morning with a friend.

I find it hard to say which game i prefer res 4 or 5 but i can safely i love them both! :grin:

chaingun.jpg

They remade the big gatling gun turret guy who was from RE4, so now he has a huge rectangular block on his back for ammunition. It's the same weapon that Chris can get with unlimited ammo.

Tbh the zombies in RE4 were capable of stoking a fire and doing any number of things, and the fact most of them didn't use guns was down to them just using old fashioned tools and weaponry that was probably all around them.

Ok, so there was a sort of "big" zombie with a gun. But what I mean is in this, just the regular enemies that die from a single headshot have one, which just isn't right to me.

The monks and the soilders on the island had guns.

The monks had crossbows, spears and rocket-launches and stage railgun in one room area.

The soilders had guns and stun rods.

Still don't remember this. Shall have to replay RE4 at some point.

Yeah I have to say I can't remember any 'regulars' with guns either in RE4.

And the big dudes with the gattling guns, I just considered them to be like Krauser really, just heavy duty military guys under mind control.

So... it's officially impossible to complete chapters 2-3 or 5-3 in professional without playing in co-op, because the AI is too retarded to keep up with the bosses (Jill and the troll or whatever).

So... it's officially impossible to complete chapters 2-3 or 5-3 in professional without playing in co-op, because the AI is too retarded to keep up with the bosses (Jill and the troll or whatever).

I've solo'd pro mode, but I admit, those two bosses took me a fair few attempts.

I think finding those blue emblems is going to be a pain! Been all the way through the first level a couple of times now looking very closely and still missing one... think I found them all in the second level this time though :D So far, Veteran is not much harder, you take a lot more damage but with an infinite ammo shotty it's no biggy :/

Quite the opposite for 2-3...it was insanely hard to do with a friend online (we gave up on the boss after about 15ish retries), yet I completed it first time with the AI. And we got insanely good at tackling the thing, too. It was always a combination of the grunts appearing while you couldn't really turn away from the boss since you needed to stop him, and the fact that once you used up one red barrel to make him drop the rock, he always seemed to get the chance to throw a second.

When playing with AI, the comp automatically locks on with the car turret gun and seemingly can stop the big brute in its tracks (it seems to start shooting it much quicker than humanly possible after cutscenes, as well as dispatching the surrounding enemies quicker).

I think finding those blue emblems is going to be a pain! Been all the way through the first level a couple of times now looking very closely and still missing one... think I found them all in the second level this time though :D So far, Veteran is not much harder, you take a lot more damage but with an infinite ammo shotty it's no biggy :/

The infinite ammo makes it all easy...I decided I wanted a challenge so I went for veteran from the word go. I think that was the best to start with as it really made the game feel much more rewarding.

I've solo'd pro mode, but I admit, those two bosses took me a fair few attempts.

I can understand the troll. But Jill's impossible! Sheva always gets too near her and gets kicked and dies. ALWAYS! I'd call her, but I'm also close to Jill, so it really wouldn't matter much (as I've tested). Plus, because it's pro, I can't get to her in time to heal her, even if she's right in front of me.

Quite the opposite for 2-3...it was insanely hard to do with a friend online (we gave up on the boss after about 15ish retries), yet I completed it first time with the AI. And we got insanely good at tackling the thing, too. It was always a combination of the grunts appearing while you couldn't really turn away from the boss since you needed to stop him, and the fact that once you used up one red barrel to make him drop the rock, he always seemed to get the chance to throw a second.

When playing with AI, the comp automatically locks on with the car turret gun and seemingly can stop the big brute in its tracks (it seems to start shooting it much quicker than humanly possible after cutscenes, as well as dispatching the surrounding enemies quicker).

She doesn't even touch the surrounding enemies! At least mine. She just shoots at the troll and when he throws boulders or prepares to attack with his arms, she just keeps shooting straight at him instead of the boulder/his arm. Plus, she doesn't shoot the things that come out of him, she just keeps aiming at his chest. I tried it like 20 times, I was doing it flawlessly, and she always messed it up! But she's even worse fighting Jill.

The fight with Jill... me and a friend died 50 times on pro, I kid you not. Well, about 20 of those were me magnuming her in the face out of frustration. But yeah, the QTEs were ridiculous.

I found the Jill fight pretty easy on Pro, although I did die once or twice when I didn't dodge her kick after downing her; if she connects it seems the AI can't save you.

If you keep entreating Jill then Sheva seems to be able to grab her from behind quite readily. Shoot the device in her chest — I believe a more powerful weapon will speed things up — then throw her and prise away, making sure you're ready to dodge her attack when she wriggles free. Rinse and repeat around three to four times and you're done.

The fight with Jill... me and a friend died 50 times on pro, I kid you not. Well, about 20 of those were me magnuming her in the face out of frustration. But yeah, the QTEs were ridiculous.

I just found that to be one of the easiest bosses...if you shoot the device with the best magnum and infinite ammo it only takes about 4 pulls before it's off on Pro.

Admittedly I haven't got there yet but i cant see how jill can be hard on any difficulty, all we did was entreat her a couple of times then grab her, remove - repeat x10....

Seriously, I just did 2-3 after some tries, but Jill? I've tried 30 times these past 2 hours... it's fucking impossible!! Sheva's AI constantly gets near her and dies while I'm entreating Jill! The sad part is, there's nothing I can do about it! She just keeps on dying away and I haven't once died! WTF IS THIS SHIT?

Seriously, I just did 2-3 after some tries, but Jill? I've tried 30 times these past 2 hours... it's fucking impossible!! Sheva's AI constantly gets near her and dies while I'm entreating Jill! The sad part is, there's nothing I can do about it! She just keeps on dying away and I haven't once died! WTF IS THIS SHIT?

Try join someone on the same level. I ended up doing all of pro bar 2-3 with a friend online since it really makes it so much easier.

Try join someone on the same level. I ended up doing all of pro bar 2-3 with a friend online since it really makes it so much easier.

Nã, I've already completed it on Pro, ain't doing it for the achievement... I just wanted to prove I could do Pro by myself without infinite ammo. And except for Jill, I have. But Sheva instantly turns retarded as soon as Jill comes up. She keeps running into her and instantly dying. It's ridiculous! I mean, I'm seeing videos online and my Sheva must be seriously damaged goods or something. :angry: