NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

Awesome, just got The Works achievement, ty for the tip HoT, took me a few tries (I was using too powerful a handgun at first >>') but I got it. :)

Now just the grind of farming treasure to pay for all those weapons / upgrades... -_-

You can get 5 lion hearts chapter 5-3 each time in the hallway by quiting and saving also the cave chapter is great treasure farming.

This girl makes the game look so easy on her professional, no damage and speed run,

You can get 5 lion hearts chapter 5-3 each time in the hallway by quiting and saving also the cave chapter is great treasure farming.

Those are good examples too but I can get the Heart of Africa in under a minute each time and it's worth 10,000 :) once you're at the bit you can just keep reloading and doing it again, well worth it.

Those are good examples too but I can get the Heart of Africa in under a minute each time and it's worth 10,000 :) once you're at the bit you can just keep reloading and doing it again, well worth it.

Okay SCG.

According to official guide RE5 guide, Sheva's or Chris's AI has some kind of different settings that acts according to how well you act towards it. If you thank the AI after AI heals you or gives you an item without asking and the AI behave fine.

Edited by Dante

Okay SCG.

According to official guide RE5 guide, Sheva's or Chris's AI has some kind of different settings that acts according to how well you act towards it. If you thank the AI after AI heals you or gives you an item without asking and the AI behave fine.

Hmm useful to know :) I've thanked the A.I quite a bit so Sheva does often pick up items for me, she's more of a help than a hindrance Imo.

I'm surprised that a lot of people get annoyed with the A.I, as I think it's pretty well programmed tbh, maybe some haven't been thanking the A.I enough. :wink:

How many points do you need to get an A rank in mercenaries mode?

Single Player

20,000 = B

40,000 = A

Multiplayer

40,000 = B

80,000 = A

i think it goes like this:

• 100,000 = SS
  • 60,000 = S
  • 40,000 = A
  • 30,000 = B
  • 20,000 = C
  • 10,000 = D

That sounds about right for single player, but for two players, I'm pretty sure it's double.

3rd special command action has been found at the start of ch6-3.

You can sit down on the chair after the talking has finished.

Man... The Wesker/Jill boss battles at 5-3 are totally fucking insane...

I just hid around a corner on the upper level. Running back around corners and walls to get a shot at his back. AI Sheva was surprisingly helpful to take care of Jill.

Edited by Chuck

You can get Wesker stuck near the wall near the rightside of the stairs.

You do this by running up the stairs on the right and make him follow you into the back corner of the stairs.

Quicky run back on the stairs and start firing at him through the caps.

Wesker will walk forwards into the wall by trying to get you on the stairs.

or you could do it this way.

Just let him run up to you and mash square, so you counterattack him then floor him. Then quickly magnum him and he will sort of be stunned, allowing you to get loads more hits in.

Or infinite rocket him in this position.

I just hid around a corner on the upper level. Running back around corners and walls to get a shot at his back. AI Sheva was surprisingly helpful to take care of Jill.

me and daft ended up easily avoiding both by standing in the side door. the jill battle took ages, forgot to shoot first

Meh... it's enough, I guess.

I'm inclined to agree here, after playing the game to death for around two weeks now it just doesn't have the same feel to it that Resi 4 did... but I did really enjoy it a lot :) I've played through it four times and I think the difference is that with Resi 4 when you played through it again each subsequent play still felt kinda fresh whereas with Resi 5 it seems to feel 'old' after the second playthrough; still enjoyable, just more predictable.

However I do like the co-op system but I hope they return to single player for the next title and keep the co-op to where it truly shines and that for me is in mercenaries mode, either way though it's still a decent game but expectations are going to be that much higher for the next one.

Also...

Fuck yeah! 1000 G get. :awesome:

I'm inclined to agree here, after playing the game to death for around two weeks now it just doesn't have the same feel to it that Resi 4 did... but I did really enjoy it a lot :) I've played through it four times and I think the difference is that with Resi 4 when you played through it again each subsequent play still felt kinda fresh whereas with Resi 5 it seems to feel 'old' after the second playthrough; still enjoyable, just more predictable.

However I do like the co-op system but I hope they return to single player for the next title and keep the co-op to where it truly shines and that for me is in mercenaries mode, either way though it's still a decent game but expectations are going to be that much higher for the next one.

Also...

Fuck yeah! 1000 G get. :awesome:

Agrees. I'm on my 3rd playthrough (this time on Professional)... and yeah, it just isn't the same. Still, good game. Good enough that I'm playing a 3rd time.

Finished this earlier :D bit behind everyone because we're a bit busy - but jayseven and I just completed it with system-link co-op (regular splitscreen co-op was unbearable, had to lean forward and squint, you get about 20% of the screen each). Some of the bosses took us a while to figure out what to do, but it's really satisfying to wipe them out :D next difficulty nao plox!

The end boss thing? Seriously. We died TWENTY TIMES on 6-3. Fuckin' QTEs that make no sense. I play as sheva, just hanging there, hammering away at x not having a clue what I'm doing right or wrong. Disgusting. Stressfullll!

Had a go on mercenaries. I like Sheva's rifle, but a bit annoyed at myself for getting just under 40k for the A rank. I've always sucked at merc mode, so practice here i come!

The end boss thing? Seriously. We died TWENTY TIMES on 6-3. Fuckin' QTEs that make no sense. I play as sheva, just hanging there, hammering away at x not having a clue what I'm doing right or wrong. Disgusting. Stressfullll!

Had a go on mercenaries. I like Sheva's rifle, but a bit annoyed at myself for getting just under 40k for the A rank. I've always sucked at merc mode, so practice here i come!

yeah, i died about 23 times doing it solo. reeeeealy hard.

Hmm, I dunno. That end boss seemed fairly easy on anything that wasn't professional, then by the time I played it on professional I had the infinite rocket launcher.

I've completed pro, died the most on the bit where you have to:

remove Jill's device, the QTEs are insane

Very close to getting 1000G, just need to upgrade all weapons and "thank" Sheva a few times.

So my thoughts. I'm very disappointed with how it's turned out really, I was expecting something of the size and epicness of RE4, and it fails to match it in terms of length, boss battles, set pieces and many other levels. The story also becomes completely ludicrous at the end.

The game is saved, however, by two things: firstly the co-op is excellent, while the single player is annoying because of the AI, playing with a friend is brilliant and loads of fun, and the ability to jump into a game no matter how much you've progressed is great. Then there's the achievements, I usually frown upon achievement whoring, but somehow I've been motivated to get all the "G". Probably the reason why I've played it through as much as I have.

To conclude, not a scratch on RE4 but still a lot of fun.

The story also becomes completely ludicrous at the end.

I've heard this complaint levelled at RE5 a few times now and I still don't understand it. You might as well bemoan the inclusion of green herbs.

I had no problems with the story, it was more epic than 4's as well as being more 'cannon' to the series, the only problem I have is that in a lot of ways it just isn't as good as Resi 4... but the improvements it does bring are welcome and it's a very enjoyable game, I'll be interested to see how much of an overhaul the series gets for Resident Evil 6 though. :)

The only thing I didn't really like about the story was what they did to Wesker. I hadn't seen Wesker before RE4 since I'd never played RE1 (or anything else he was in), and RE4 portrayed him as a bit of a mastermind who seemed as if he'd be pulling strings for many games to come. When it came down to RE5, however, while he was very good up to the end, he became a bit of a stupid supremacist with cliched lines in the final battle, and was taken down due to letting emotions getting in the way (his hatred of Chris causing him to stick around in a battle to the death with him).

Overall, though, the story of RE5 is better than 4, but only because it collaborates the happenings of the previous games, rather than being a separate side-story.