NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

Got this over the weekend and been playing it with ma best mate.....i do like the game but its been gettin a bit boring recently. On chapter 5-1 i think.....jus annoyed at the fact that its sooo much like RE4....wish they could have done some things a lil differently.

Enemies are annoying....all the same......game is pretty repetitive i find as well. Controls i've gotten used to...anyone else find that they hardly give u any ammo? Playing on medium difficulty.....nd how do i combo moves?

You sure she's in Cover mode?

Yup. She goes on auto cover on that fight, because attacking would kill Jill.

@Caris: I got through it on my first atempt, on co-op, like 7 mins or so. Easy. I just can't do it with the AI.

Anyone got 45 rotten eggs to give me? I'll pass them on to other members, I promise. :)

That's lame. Earn your money fair and square! Go farm Lickers! :angry:

That's lame. Earn your money fair and square! Go farm Lickers! :angry:

:rolleyes: I guess I'm lame. I'd say more lazy.

Que? You do? For the kill-a-baddy-with-a-rotten-egg achievey?

It's a glitch where you trade rotten eggs to a person, the trader quits without saving and the receiver quits and saves. They make 90k profit a round.

I have rotten eggs to give ppl if they want them. I got loads by doing it myself with 2 controllers on split screen.

Just let me know and i would be more than happy to pass on some of them eggs! (360 version)

Ohh, I thought you were talking about the achievement where you have to throw an egg at someone. How does that one work, by the way? Do they die in one hit? Does it have to be the final blow? Is it hard to hit?

Regarding money: It's so easy to get stinking rich without needing to cheat, why bother? :/

The egg achievement is piss easy, when you reach a point where you can get a feel for how many bullets you need to kill an enemy you just shoot them until you need only one shot and egg them then.

At least that was what I did, dunno if it works as a one hit kill.

Ohh, I thought you were talking about the achievement where you have to throw an egg at someone. How does that one work, by the way? Do they die in one hit? Does it have to be the final blow? Is it hard to hit?

Regarding money: It's so easy to get stinking rich without needing to cheat, why bother? :/

Dead easy - Chapter 1-2 on amateur. The first enemy you come across has her back facing you. Just throw the rotten egg to instantly kill her and get the trophy (or gamerpoints).

I wouldn't call it cheating...

Just 'abusing' what the game lets u do! :grin:

I wouldn't call it cheating...

Just 'abusing' what the game lets u do! :grin:

Truth spoken, but there is a much easier way to get cash quickly, farm the 'heart of Africa' 10,000 each time. :)

Truth spoken, but there is a much easier way to get cash quickly, farm the 'heart of Africa' 10,000 each time. :)

As if, you make 90k in all of 45 seconds this way. It's pretty much proven to be the quickest method you can use. :p

As if, you make 90k in all of 45 seconds this way. It's pretty much proven to be the quickest method you can use. :p

Ah well I thought the egg method only yeilded 9k so yeah if it's 90k then thats the best co-op method, but nabbing the Heart of Africa is the easiest way when playing solo as it takes bout 30 - 45 second to do each time.

Ah well I thought the egg method only yeilded 9k so yeah if it's 90k then thats the best co-op method, but nabbing the Heart of Africa is the easiest way when playing solo as it takes bout 30 - 45 second to do each time.

On 360 you can do it with 2 controllers, but on PS3 it needs 2 people playing online.

Got the achievement for headshotting them while they jump last night with a pistol, gleee :P

Working through the game with shorty on veteran, trying to keep an eye out for blue tokens. I went back to the level where there are 5 tokens and spent a cumulative time of over 3 freakin' hours looking for all 5 last night. Ridiculous! The one in the green hut? FFS! ... Still I've got about 8 to find now so it's not so bad.

Edited by jayseven
Automerged Doublepost

Got the achievement for headshotting them while they jump last night with a pistol, gleee :P

Working through the game with shorty on veteran, trying to keep an eye out for blue tokens. I went back to the level where there are 5 tokens and spent a cumulative time of over 3 freakin' hours looking for all 5 last night. Ridiculous! The one in the green hut? FFS! ... Still I've got about 8 to find now so it's not so bad.

There is a couple i had look on a guide for coz they were so hidden! One on Chapter 6-1 springs to mind...

There is a couple i had look on a guide for coz they were so hidden! One on Chapter 6-1 springs to mind...

The one at the start that requires a sniper? :)

Yep! That be the one i was thinking ov!

Nope. You can farm lickers on 5-2, you get 15.000 on each go for roughly 1 minute. :bouncy:

Oi, oi! That's a spoiler right there! I won't be struggling with that one now, will I?

Oi, oi! That's a spoiler right there! I won't be struggling with that one now, will I?

When i seen where it was i would never have found it unless i looked at a guide even with a kinda hint like that...

Sayin that though u might be better at finding them than i was! :)