NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

Well you have to to finish the second level.

Just keep shooting him with about 3 - 5 bullets in the face and then hit him when he's groggy. I've killed him loads of times. If you want you can kill the africans first because they eventually run out.

Also 1 - 2 rifle shots in the face also gets him groggy, not to mention after each exploding barrel. Don't forget to shoot the electric box down and then again every time he gets near it.

Chainsaw and Axe men would be so much more daunting to face were it for you having to face them alone. As it is you know that they might be after someone else which decreases scare factor.

How do you kill chainsaw guy?

First up, use all the explosive barrels around wisely. No rush. Then, headshots with the sniper rifle. He dies, you get a key to advance.

Sorry I kinda failed Deathjam, and I was there to prove myself :(

Anyone manage to kill the axe guy yet, I can kill the chainsaw guy easy but the axe guy is much harder.

Nah it was cool. I had fun each time, as the way the scenario played out was different each time. Very interesting to see that you can play the same area, but get a different experience each time.

anyone pre ordered yet, not sure whether to pre order from - if i order from amazon now will i get it on release date?

The axe man drops money.

To kill the chainsaw man is using the explosive barrels, shot down the fusebox when he under it and aim for his head with your rifle whenever you get the chance.

Kill the megaphone man on the wooden execution walkway before the gate comes down because the less Majini will appear.

anyone pre ordered yet, not sure whether to pre order from - if i order from amazon now will i get it on release date?

ordered in january, from game.

amazon isnt my first choice for new releases, but they always send books at the right time. if i was you, id go game, as your likly to get it early.

just dont got play!

I am going to get another 360 just to get this game! Can't wait. If it's half as good as 4 on the Cube, I'll be happy.

In the March issue of the US edition of Playstation: The Official Magazine, a review for Resident Evil 5 was on show. Over the course of the review the mag praised the game, like quite a few print outlets have being doing, giving it a score of 5/5. Near the end they make a mysterious statement that more-or-less confirms Resident Evil 5 will be getting DLC somewhere down the line.

“The fun doesn’t end when you complete RE5’s main story-line,” comments the review. “We’re sworn to secrecy, but we’ve had a peek at an unlockable mode and forthcoming DLC, and it’s awesome.”

Thus far, Capcom have done no hinting at what the possible DLC could be, but if the mag is so secretive about the content, it should certainly be a lot better than a handful of unlockable costumes.

Even though this reveal comes from a PlayStation magazine, the talked about DLC will presumably be available for the 360 version of the game as well. That is unless some exclusive deal has been done, which is always likely.

DarkZero!

I bet it will be like those shooting challenges that you can unlock in Resident Evil 4. They could easily recycle levels and re-release these as DLC.

I bet it will be like those shooting challenges that you can unlock in Resident Evil 4. They could easily recycle levels and re-release these as DLC.

I know the game come with two unlockable game modes from the hacked code list from the demo.

"Mercenaries" mode & "Versus" mode and each mode has 8 levels also files on "History of Resident Evil".

I don't agree with DLC being exclusive. Neiher do I wholly agree with DLC.

I don't agree with DLC being exclusive. Neiher do I wholly agree with DLC.

It won't be PS3 exclusive, Capcom are more sensible than that.

I like DLC so long as it's reasonably priced and adds to an already complete package. From the sounds of it RE5 is just that; 15-20 hour story mode, online co-op, two unlockable modes, plus bonus costumes and other extras.

As for the unlockable content, hello?? Remember a little something called Mercenaries? Now in Co-Op, of course. Much like the Horde mode from Gears of War 2 (which itself is clearly inspired by RE4's Mercenaries).

Is mercenaries mode co-op (both online and off) actually confirmed though? thats all I really wanted from the game besides the main story mode tbh. :)

Not confirmed officially, but it's a pretty reliable educated guess, I think.

I actually really enjoyed the demo. Me and my flatmate played through both scenarios and found it to be a real challenge which was good fun. Playing it at 2am with no lights on added to the atmosphere a little bit :p

Might pick this up when it hits the £20 mark later on down the line, if ever..

As for the unlockable content, hello?? Remember a little something called Mercenaries? Now in Co-Op, of course. Much like the Horde mode from Gears of War 2 (which itself is clearly inspired by RE4's Mercenaries).

The hacked code list from the demo has:

Chris Redfield, Sheva Alomar, Albert Wesker and Jill Valentine

Chris Redfield and Sheva Alomar

Albert Wesker and Jill Valentine

I want downloadable characters for the modes.

The hacked code list from the demo has:

Chris Redfield, Sheva Alomar, Albert Wesker and Jill Valentine

Chris Redfield and Sheva Alomar

Albert Wesker and Jill Valentine

I want downloadable characters for the modes.

In Gears 2 you unlock characters by getting different achievements, I think that's the way to go. Downloads only take up place in HDD (even if a few characters would only be a few kB or MB), the characters should already be in the disc and be unlockable via achievements.

I think i will rent first. The design does not seem as strong.

I am going to get another 360 just to get this game! Can't wait. If it's half as good as 4 on the Cube, I'll be happy.

Haha.

Oh Great! that end part was about as spoilerific as you can get!... FFS!!

and btw, what the fuck is Wesker wearing in this game! the big gimp!