NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

Oh goddammit. These installs really aren't fun when you just have a 40GB PS3.

agreed. i had to delete a ton of crap the outher day, bascly, if i dont plan to play on it for a while, its install is deleted. just hoping it dosent remove any trophies or shit.

Worse on 360 when you only have a 20gb HDD. Like, I can choose between 1 demo and an install or a load of demos. Quite frustrating.

Just upgrade your HDD. It's damn cheap.

I'd like to upgrade my 360 HDD but it just costs way too much.

agreed. i had to delete a ton of crap the outher day, bascly, if i dont plan to play on it for a while, its install is deleted. just hoping it dosent remove any trophies or shit.

Don't worry, you keep your save files, trophies etc.

OPM review of Resident Evil 5:

“RE5 isn’t about solitary frights in the dark anymore. It’s about hyper-intense, adrenaline-fueled, partner-focused action.

It takes the co-op experience to a new level and reinvigorates the survival horror genre.

While Resident evil 5 still resists conversion to a pure shooter mechanism, you can now strafe, and while panning with your weapon isn’t exactly fast, it’s no longer insufferably slow.

Some control peculiarities (from RE4) do remain (in RE5) such as the inability to walk or run while firing your weapon.

The overall effect of the new control refinements is a smoother, less frustrating play experience without the robotic movements that have been a hallmark of the series for most of its existence. But if you’re still resistant to change, there’s a wide latitude of control setup options that will let you tune in a good amount of the traditional Resident Evil control feel.”

score - 5/5

RE5: Demo Info - Boob Locator

:laughing:

new screenshots!

4325620090201_211856_19_big.jpg

4325620090201_211856_18_big.jpg

4325620090201_211854_4_big.jpg

4325620090201_211854_3_big.jpg

4325620090201_211855_6_big.jpg

4325620090201_211854_5_big.jpg

4325620090201_211855_10_big.jpg

4325620090201_211855_9_big.jpg

4325620090201_211855_12_big.jpg

4325620090201_211855_11_big.jpg

4325620090201_211855_7_big.jpg

4325620090201_211855_8_big.jpg

4325620090201_211855_14_big.jpg

4325620090201_211855_13_big.jpg

4325620090201_211854_1_big.jpg

4325620090201_211854_0_big.jpg

4325620090201_211854_2_big.jpg

4325620090201_211856_17_big.jpg

4325620090201_211856_16_big.jpg

4325620090201_211856_15_big.jpg

PS3 demo up.

Are you lying? I can't find it anywhere?!

Nevermind. Apparently it's up on the Japanese PSN Store. Looks like it's time to make a Japanese account!

Its up now on euro psn.

Played it. Its ok. Run of the mill RE4. Which means its nice. Not much new really. The coop is ok. Abit annoying. Seems ok but not excited.

Will play properly later and join someone in online coop.

I dont thinkt he area in the demo is going to be the best ;) With RE4 the final game was just amazing.

Man, it's weird coming off Dead Space and playing RE5. The controls feel clunky, but I'll probably get used to them eventually. I found control type D to suit me best.

Agreed I do feel the controls are somewhat clunky but you soon get used to them again. I have mixed feelings about it at all. I think yes there is a case that the controls add to sense of fear and work as part of the survival horror experience.

However I do not feel that Resi is a survival horror anymore, it is becoming more and more an action shooter with horror elements. Playing of the demo has done little to change this view. It doesn't have that same feeling as the earlier Resi games. I am by no means saying its worse for it as Resi 4 is one of my favourite games ever.

I also think do we really want another game that uses the standard third person shooter controls and has all the usuals like a cover system etc.... Resident Evil's controls brings along a different challenge to the table and with it a different way to approach and play the game.

Well Type D works for me so far.

Just need to get more accustomed.

^ well you may not like to hear then that the game is to get a run and gun control setting, akin to other third person shooter titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-vEW3Fj7tU

It's confirmed around the 1:20 mark apparently.

I did know that actually...was wondering why it wasn't in the demo though. I think one nice compromise to make would be simply to let you strafe when aiming, which as far as I know you can't do.

Well, seems there's a bit of confusion over at Capcom and OXM. I posted above about it being confirmed that there's run-and-gun controls but apparently that's not the case.

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/News-270080.aspx

Guess we'll have to wait until a review appears which we can read in full and find out if the run-and-gun controls are in there for sure.

To be honest i am feeling better with it already. Going to try some coop now.

I got the PS3 demo and the controls still feel quite clunky to me. I'll probably give this another blast tomorrow though, before I make a final judgment. I'll still end up buying it though, as I want to know what happens.

LOL the splitscreen is a joke. Its massively bordered. You can hardly see. What a pathetic joke. The screens are positioned diagonally. Its like its only taking half of the screen and the rest is black.

Wasnt bad but single player is definately nicer. The coop mechanics add a layer of frustration that RE4 never had. Why did they have to do this?

LOL the splitscreen is a joke. Its massively bordered. You can hardly see. What a pathetic joke. The screens are positioned diagonally. Its like its only taking half of the screen and the rest is black.

Wasnt bad but single player is definately nicer. The coop mechanics add a layer of frustration that RE4 never had. Why did they have to do this?

That's what it must be. Two buttons to decide how to pick up an item?! Not cool. Damn fool should just pick the damn ammo up when she damn well needs it rather than running around with nothing in her gun and letting me get slapped in the back. Controls...were different. Just, nowhere near as comfy as the wii setup for RE4 was. Makes me want to play that game again...

So I tried the demo again, experimenting with different control types, and I've decided control setup D suits me best. I'm actually starting to like it a bit more now, I'm getting used to the controls a bit more. I also managed to get to the end of the Shanty Town scenario too. Hopefully there'll be an option to change aming sensitivity though, it's a bit too slow atm.

That's what it must be. Two buttons to decide how to pick up an item?! Not cool. Damn fool should just pick the damn ammo up when she damn well needs it rather than running around with nothing in her gun and letting me get slapped in the back.

Or the game could at least pause itself when you access the inventory, like all other RE games before it.

If they were going to have coop as their main feature then at least make it full screen. Online coop would be abit random. I find it hard to play through the whole game with one person. I would keep swapping partners for the fastest finish :p

GAMEPRO Germany review

+ great character models, fantastic special effects

+ Varied areas

+ Interesting story

+ Outstanding AI

+ Gigantic boss battles

+ 18 hours of gameplay (story mode)

+ lots of bonus material

+ High replay value

- Framerate hickups (PS3)

- No puzzle solving

93%