NEurope
jammy2211

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

They aren't turn based? Then how are they?

Much like an action game, you have to fight the monsters yourself in real-time. Think of the battles like a fighting game.

Damn -_-'

Hum, maybe its good, but from experience, i hate that type of RPG

The battle system is my favorite system in an rpg so far. Much better than turn based.

You should really get the original and play through it and fall in love with it.

Here's an example of a fight from the first game.

You control one of the characters the CPU handles the rest but you can give them commands for who to attack, if you want them to use a certain move or use an item, much more intense than turn based fights

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=FzT0BeV14zk

Mokong, i didn't understand nothing about that video

It seems Turn Based Combat to me X)

It's not turn based. You can stop the battle at any time to change equipment, use items, change target, change techs and so on. You will be doing that a lot.

it's not.

Think about it this way

- "main character" in your party is controlled by you in real time, as you go leveling up new techs appear/are learned, these can be configured to the key presses/combos in the menus, meaning you're customizing your move set.

"secondary characters" are controllable in two different hierarchy layers...

- Either through AI (example: hey this boss is a earth element one, let's turn off lightning attacks/hey this boss is really weak to this spell, turn off all the others) and the character acts like that as you ordered it. This can be done during and outside battle.

- Or direct orders by yours trully, through menus, you can access a character during the game and do a direct order who gets priority above what it would do from the AI (example: Apply apple gumi to character X/do Y spell).

- And then there's another, that is multiplayer up to 4 players who can control these secondary characters directly.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=YoT4n2W9Nvg

Here's a simpler example. The first boss in the game.

As you can see, the player is controlling Lloyd's fighting and pausing the game to give specific orders (healing).

If he doesn't give the orders, his partners will fight by themselves. Normally, it's best to give orders in emergencies (see: Healing).

Either way buy this game. And if you don't have the first one buy that game. I think I've spent the most time playing that game than any other. Although I think smash bros probably comes close.

It is Triet, you can still see Collette's image on the wall....and yeah, it's snowing.

Holy crap, Triet is covered in snow!

It is Triet, you can still see Collette's image on the wall....and yeah, it's snowing.

Of course you can. It's the mark of the chosen, remember?

Would think over 2 years someone might fix it or it would start to wither.

When I read about the climate changes and wastelands would be icy, first thing that jumped to me was Triet becoming snowy.

Those were the only regions that had extreme temperatures as I recall.

Maybe the resort will be rainy all the time or something.

How many years has that hole been in the wall.

And i never read anything about climate changes....damn prolly shouldn't have come in here, but i just can't help it, well so long as i can still stay away from any major plot spoilers i'll be fine.

I wonder will Flanoir become a Sun holiday destination, since the desert has been snowed under :heh:

Well if Flanoir has I hope they don't change the bg music for that place too much, a sunny remix will be ok. But I loved that tune ' A snow light.'

The last 2 might wanna skip this:

But yes, if I recall correctly, I think I saw Flanoir in a screenshot or video, and althought it wasn't exactly sunny, the snow was (sadly) gone.. I was puzzled by this, because by then I didn't know about the setup either (the joining of the worlds causing climate changes etc). Anyway, I'm not to bothered by this yet, it's simply the setup of the game, and no mayor revealings of plotlines during the game.. Although I think I also have to be careful checking this thread from now on, and from some point, avoid it altogether.

Anyway, from what I know now.. It's still one of the games I'm most looking forward too, but I personally am a bit disappointed that the original cast seems to play such a mayor role in the game.. I mean, there are only 3 original characters which you play with known at this point, or not? I'm worried you don't get to gather a nice party with new interesting characters with their own backstories. Don't get me wrong though, I obviously love the old gang, I mean, I've spent litterally hundreds of euros on TOS stuff, but with a new game the focus should be on new characters, and the old gang should get guest appearances. Anyway, I hope it turns out there are more (new) characters who join your party.

Turns out last month's Nintendo Power "Epic-RPG" announcement...

Next month’s cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we’d have to erase your memories if we told you what it is. In fact, maybe we already did. Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one.

... was this:

tos214e7d16zt4.jpg

Oh well, at least it's now officially coming to US; new title too.

I wonder when we'll see it in NA though. I bet this is going to be my lead up to christmas game.