NEurope
jammy2211

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Ah thanks. Now I feel much better. Thought he was gone, he could of left with Kratos on Derris Kharlan so he wouln't get lonely.

So hope he appears in ToS 2.

I still liked him though. Always had him in my party and it wasn't the same when he left.

After I had learnt to properly program the AI, I ended up dropping Genis/ Raine for a more melee based character. Then taking down Mithos in his final form became a frequent one minute job.

I use Lloyd with his Ex gems set to allow his ultimate S type combo.

then either

Sheena

Zelos/ Kratos

And whoever else I feel like. but sometimes it was nice to not play as Lloyd because then its like a brand new game all over again.

After I had learnt to properly program the AI, I ended up dropping Genis/ Raine for a more melee based character. Then taking down Mithos in his final form became a frequent one minute job.

I use Lloyd with his Ex gems set to allow his ultimate S type combo.

then either

Sheena

Zelos/ Kratos

And whoever else I feel like. but sometimes it was nice to not play as Lloyd because then its like a brand new game all over again.

Except that Lloyd is the only character you always have (except for 2 times).

No Mithos' sister was part of the goddess, re-watch the ending here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCqCwOeClZY.

Actually I think that the whole "Goddess Martel" idea was just created by Mithos when his sister got trapped in the great seed and he came up with his complex plan of dividing the worlds. Therefore the "Goddess" and his sister are in fact the one.

Remember Mithos' goal was to revive the Goddess Martel who was revealed to be his sister. (ie: there never was a Goddess Martel before those events)

What we see at the end of ToS is not the "Goddess" but a physical representation of the "Spirit of the Great Seed" (she says so herself)... a means for it to comunicate with Lloyd and Collette...she refers to herself as Martel for simplicities sake by the storyteller (why introduce a new name at the very end of the story?) and because her physical appearance uses Tabatha as a medium, who is also modeled after Martel that's just another reason to call her Martel.

When she says Martel is apart of her she means a part of the Great Seed.

Also she only refers to herself as "The Spirit Martel" not the "Goddess Martel".

No bow down to my over analyising nature :heh:

EDIT:

small note i had not read any of the replies after Emashers post which i quoted before posting this post :heh:

I would add my own views on the whole Martel thing but I haven't played Tos for a while and I lent it out in exchange for the rather crappy kingdom hearts. (It sucks in comparison)

But from what I think I remember.

Martel dies, Mithos fuses the body of martel with the great seed preserving her spirit or whatever. This is also proven when they fire the mana cannon at the raging great seed and Martel gives out that horrible scream (argggggghhhh) (Oh and that bit is so cool with Sheena and her fire Mana cannon line)

Secondly proven when Martel's spirit is fully transferred into Colette's body

End Martel discussion anyway, more tos 2 talk

So I'm thinking the way all the characters from 1 (besides Lloyd and Colette) are involved is follows:

Zelos: Since he was an advisor to the king he's probably directly involved in the war

Regal: Since he owns one of the biggest companies in Tethe-alla his company probably gets attacked by sylvaraunters.

Presea: See Regal

Sheena: Her village is probably fighting for one of the sides in the war

Genius: I have no idea but it will be interesting to see how half-elves are effected obviously the racism doesn't stop because it gets worse 4000 years latter in phantasia.

Raine: same as above.

Except that Lloyd is the only character you always have (except for 2 times).

You don't need to have Lloyd in your party. You can take him out if you want and control another one. (I loved playing Regal, even if he wasn't that strong)

@Emasher

I thought the racism didn't get worse. I thought the racism was starting to disappear, except in the elven village.

If it got worse, Arche would've been attacked and insulted in every single village.

I also have a Martel theory, but I already explained that in my previous post.

You don't need to have Lloyd in your party. You can take him out if you want and control another one. (I loved playing Regal, even if he wasn't that strong)

@Emasher

I thought the racism didn't get worse. I thought the racism was starting to disappear, except in the elven village.

If it got worse, Arche would've been attacked and insulted in every single village.

I also have a Martel theory, but I already explained that in my previous post.

]That's what I remember too.

@Emasher

Archeeeeee

topspritesgba04ab9.gif

:yay: (sorry, couldn't keep it in my pants)

I'm going to start re-playing TOS soon to get ready for this.

Or maybe I should just start playing on the file I had that was half way through. I had the 2x exp on that file.

From what i've heard, this game is supposed to look a step-up from TOS...but i'm not really seeing it (if anything it looks worse).

Is it just me?

From what i've heard, this game is supposed to look a step-up from TOS...but i'm not really seeing it (if anything it looks worse).

Is it just me?

I think it looks better, battles in particular are looking pretty clean and more colourful; and they also seem to got rid of the wierd blur effects (in a good way) making a sharper game. But... the presentation hampers it more than the original did for Symphonia.

What I mean is... sure characters in symphonia probably had less polygons and worse texture quality (along with no motion capture in cutscenes); but being that they weren't trying to achieve a "proportional" form, things like textured mouths, instead of polygon detailed, could slip through unoticed and fit. (like in Wind Waker)

That isn't the case for this one though; and I think it falls victim to his own upgrade; imagine Zelda TP if, when being more realistic (although anime'ish) it featured textured mouths like in Wind Waker? It would blow. Oh, that... and used circles for shadows, instead of going the extra mile (that actually wind waker already did); but it hampers it more.

It's not that I like chibi characters more, mind you; I just think they did the half mile, and not the full job, and it hurted the result, IMO.

I think we're also forgetting the issue that Wii games tend to look worse in screens and video than when you are actually playing them, for some strange god knows why reason

I didn't think Mario Galaxy looked as good as the game from pictures, they just don't do it justice.

I think this looks a step up, the muddy blurry effect in ToS got on my wick a bit. This is looking sharper if nothing else... and dare I say I'm liking the style of it? Even the mouths!? :heh:

More Tidbits:

Tales of Symphonia Sequel Detailed

A lot of information on Tales of Symphonia: Ratatosk no Kishi (Knight of Ratatosk) for Wii has been released today, courtesy of Bandai Namco Games. The sequel to 2003's GameCube RPG Tales of Symphonia will employ an enhanced version of the Flex Range Linear Motion Battle system (FR-LMBS) featured in Tales of the Abyss. The battle engine will support up to four players. The development team is also adding eight elements (earth, water, fire, wind, ice, lightning, light and darkness) to the system. In Knight of Ratatosk each location has a certain elemental affinity. Depending on the usage of elemental attacks by both party members and enemies, this local elemental affinity can change over the course of a battle, though. Such an elemental change apparently will have various effects on a battle's progress.

The development team has gone with a traditional control scheme. The Wiimote's motion sensor is used to execute special techniques. Like previous games, Knight of Ratatosk also allows players to pull off those powerful moves directly via shortcuts (instead of having to enter a menu). Using the Wiimote, players can perform a certain movement which will then trigger off the technique. This motion control can be switched off as well, though.

At the end of the battle, players can invite defeated monsters to join their party. However, only monsters with a certain character can be turned into party members. To make things even more complicated, a monster's character will change during battle, depending on the party's equipment or the actions taken by the party. Furthermore, monsters might decline to join the party.

A new character set to appear in the game has also been introduced. 20-year Richter Abend is searching for the Ratatosk Core to achieve a certain objective. After a childhood that saw him being oppressed by others, the young man has become extremely cynical. During his search for the Core, he meets protagonist Emil. While Emil's cowardice and passiveness annoy Richter, he still helps Emil. There seems to be a certain reason for this Richter's kindness, though.

Following the events of Tales of Symphonia, the two worlds had become one. However, as a result of this fusion, the environment has begun to change dramatically. Snow is falling in desert towns and lakes are drying up. The fusion of the worlds however is not the only cause of these problems. Another one is the condition of the powerful spirit Ratatosk. For unknown reasons, he has fallen asleep, resulting in a collapse of the natural balance. Meanwhile, the only thing that unites the people of the two worlds is their animosity toward each other. To protect the oppressed people of Silverland, a resistance group known as Vanguard was formed. As it opposes the Church of Martel, a confrontation between the two camps became inevitable. The Church eventually moved against Vanguard members holding a meeting in Palmacosta. The city was burned to the ground, with many innocent people becoming victims of the purge. The ringleader of this bloody crackdown is said to be Tales of Symphonia's protagonist Lloyd.

Tales of Symphonia: Ratatosk no Kishi will be available in Japan sometime this spring.

Source: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2008/1004.html

I'm 100% sure the church is there to protect the spirit Martel and the Tree and that's why he's leading them.

He is the good guy...I refuse to believe anything else.

Ok so far i'm resisting the temptation to look.... i opened the spoiler for a split second, read "new character" and closed it...i can wait... no matter how long it may be, i must wait