NEurope
jammy2211

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

I already knew about the 3 characters anyway so I read it.

But i'm avoiding everything now. I will not weaken to read info. Done it with the first (okay I didn't notice it for a while), Galaxy and Brawl to name a few.

Ok so far i'm resisting the temptation to look.... i opened the spoiler for a split second, read "new character" and closed it...i can wait... no matter how long it may be, i must wait

I read the spoiler and its not too bad, maybe you should avoid it Moke, but its whet my appetite a bit for this. As for the new character, you've likely already seen him unless you've taken measures not to look at the scans that have popped up in this thread.

I read the spoiler and its not too bad, maybe you should avoid it Moke, but its whet my appetite a bit for this. As for the new character, you've likely already seen him unless you've taken measures not to look at the scans that have popped up in this thread.

Oh so prolly Emil then? Yeah I know that much, plus a bit more.... I don't need to whet my appetite any more than it is... as soon as this game was announced my appetite got as whet as it could possibly get....and my pants too :heh: I mean a 16mins vid on youtube 50% of which is prolly just me going "YAY" and doing this :yay: should be evidence enough of that :heh: haha

Screw wetting my appetite. Everything I see of ToS reminds me of this and I get excited by it.

Watching OVAs and playing the game makes me want the game badly.

New Images: (not scans)

60041520080125_142118_9_big%5B1%5D.jpg

60041520080125_142118_10_big%5B1%5D.jpg

60041520080125_142117_6_big%5B1%5D.jpg

60041520080125_142116_1_big%5B1%5D.jpg

60041520080125_142116_0_big%5B1%5D.jpg

60041520080125_142118_8_big%5B1%5D.jpg

60041520080125_142118_7_big%5B1%5D.jpg

60041520080125_142117_4_big%5B1%5D.jpg

60041520080125_142117_3_big%5B1%5D.jpg

60041520080125_142117_5_big%5B1%5D.jpg

60041520080125_142117_2_big%5B1%5D.jpg

60041520080125_142119_13_big%5B1%5D.jpg

60041520080125_142120_14_big%5B1%5D.jpg

60041520080125_142119_11_big%5B1%5D.jpg

60041520080125_142119_12_big%5B1%5D.jpg

103%5B1%5D.jpg

102%5B1%5D.jpg

101%5B1%5D.jpg

100%5B1%5D.jpg

109%5B1%5D.jpg

107%5B1%5D.jpg

108%5B1%5D.jpg

106%5B1%5D.jpg

104%5B1%5D.jpg

105%5B1%5D.jpg

Oh my goodness...

I need this game!

(And the OVAs, but that is another tale.)

Upon completion of Tales of Symphonia, I have discovered perhaps what is now my favourite game. I hope this'll be as good!

Well, it has Zelos in, so that's already a plus.

Although, I can't help but think that Monsters seem slightly pointless in battle, given that you can have the characters too.

I wasn't sure if those things should be in spoilers, but I put them in just in case. :D

I wasn't sure if those things should be in spoilers, but I put them in just in case. :D
They aren't spoilers for me, I'd say.

If Zelos was a spoiler (well could be, for some extreme purist) then the screenshots above would be really spoilerific too.

These pictures certaintly made the game a lot more interesting.

Is the cat woman the cat, you think? Both of them seem important to the story. Anyway, she's cute.

I guess I'm the only one here, but Mr. Serious reminds me a lot of Arch and Jade.

Oh man, not sure if i should have looked at those cuz i think i just wet myself :heh:

The character models look better everytime i see them, the anime screens look awesome and hopefully they'll be a fair few more anime scenes in this game.

The new cat character (i'm asuming the cat-like woman and the creature are one in the same) looks cool and i wonder if she's any relation to Noishe?

Or maybe some form of summon spirit judging from the few screens of her with Sheena?

Oh and Sheena *drool* :heh:

OHH EMMM GEEE Genis and Raine is playable. Now my hopes are higher that Lloyd will be.

Also character models are looking much nicer. That cat, wonder what part he/she plays. Definently hype and interest has went up a lot.

Sheena looks fantastic :heart:

Thanks for the pics Pedro. This is looking better all the time!

I like the looks of this new cat-girl and its great to see the old gang appear. Like you guys have already noted, the characters are looking like they have had more work put into them and there is no doubt that this is a step up from ToS on the Gamecube.

Hard to tell what the actual cat is in the pics, before I read the comments I was already wondering if its:

-cat-girl transformed

-one of Sheena's summons

-a tamed enemy

If its an enemy that you've captured, would it appear in the skit?

Argh, I don't wanna get too hyped for this because I still think it could be ruined by the lack of an overworld, I don't wanna set myself up for a big fall. :heh:

Oh and... Colette! :yay:

What are the odds of them adding voice acting for the skits?

That was the only thing i didn't like in ToS, the silence of the Skits

one question.

Is it going to be Japan only game ?

And

Is there a date for it.

Summer\Winter 2008 or TBA 2009 :S

I doubt it will be Japan only. It did sell very well in Europe didn't it?

I doubt it will be Japan only. It did sell very well in Europe didn't it?

I think so, i remember Namco had to be petitioned to help get the first one out in US and Europe so it must have sold decent, and i doubt they would keep the 2nd game away from us...else there will be HELL TO PAY

Also i believe the Japan version is due out in Spring of this year, so i'm praying for it to make it here just before Christmas:yay:

Is this an RPG à lá Final Fantasy or something like Zelda?

I didn't understand the previous answer :S

Do you mean Final Fantasy as in you level and get status stuff and Zelda as in it's an RPG but stats don't really play a part?

If so then it's got status and leveling and much to do.

:), you did understand me :o

Thanks for the answer, that's exactly what i need for a Wii

I already have a Party Game, a Zelda, i will have Mario and Metroid, now i just needed a Stats RPG ^^

Finally, after years without an Stats RPG, i will have this one

While you wait for this one you really should get the original. And there are other good RPGs for GC you can get if you're really interested in the genre.

t02.jpg

Theres a pic that I noticed wasn't amongst Pedro's update.

@Maase: one thing you might be interested to know is that despite ToS being like Final Fantasy in the sense that its stat based it differs with having no random battles and the battles aren't turn based either.