NEurope
jammy2211

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

I think Zelos got hit with the ugly stick. The new graphical art style hasn't been kind to him. Bring back the muddy look.

Just watched the new trailer, I was well worked up most of it, then when the old crew started to appear I was praying to see Sheena, then when she did my keyboard got *cough*sticky*cough* :heh:

Man that was awesome... though if that's the intro song, i'm not that sold on it, Starry Heavens was just so awesome though it's a tough one to beat.

I too was a little weired out when I saw Lloyd fighting with the two newbies, I was thinking "training" but the "evilish" eyes of Emil makes it seem like something else.

I've got a good feeling one of if not both (Lloyd and Emil) go dark side. At some point in the game, likely at different times if both, I have a feeling Lloyd will be introduced as evil early in the game. Anyone notice the wall with loads of drawings of Lloyd? Wonder who's house that is and what the significance of it is?

Not too fussed with no Kratos in the trailer, if he does appear in teh game I hope he NEVER appears in a trailer, so when he appears in the game it will be that much sweeter. I'm gonna do my best to try avoid all info, screens, vids etc when it gets released in Japan so as not to spoil it when our long wait ends.

Not too fussed with no Kratos in the trailer, if he does appear in teh game I hope he NEVER appears in a trailer, so when he appears in the game it will be that much sweeter. I'm gonna do my best to try avoid all info, screens, vids etc when it gets released in Japan so as not to spoil it when our long wait ends.

Same here. I knew next to nothing about Tales of Symphonia and when I played it, oh god I loved it. More than seeing Sheenas cleavage on her stat screen.

I got all exctited when I seen all the old characters and loved it all. I think for sure Emil and that girl think Lloyd is evil(they actually are) but with all the drawings they realise he's a hero to the people and they're in the wrong and then they team up and kick ass.

I gotta calm down. Getting far to excited about that trailer. Avoiding things are gonna be so hard. ToS is my favorite Cube game,

Looking at the screen shots,

their soulless eyes,

fills me with great sadness.

I wonder if that conforms to haiku

Same here. I knew next to nothing about Tales of Symphonia and when I played it, oh god I loved it. More than seeing Sheenas cleavage on her stat screen.

Me too, all i knew bout it was it was getting some good feedback and I remember there were petitions to Namco to bring it out over here (and Baten Kaitos too), i had seen some vids and trailers and stuff but I wasn't too pushed to get ToS on it's release date. In fact technically I didn't even buy it for myself.

We do a Secret Santa here for Christmas, and one of my cousins got my name but didn't know what to get me. I told them to get Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, but they couldn't find it, so they just gave me the money (50 euro was our limit) and told me to get it.

I was living with them in Dublin at the time so next day after work went into a Smyths Toystore (first shop sellin games on the way home), I saw Thousand Year Door, then next to it I saw ToS for an extra 10 euro... I don't know why or what it was but something just gravitated me towards it, even though I had to pay extra money for it, something just said it was the right thing to do. (maybe it was on it's release day, cuz i do oddly recal it was a Friday... anyone know when ToS released here?)

So I bought it, and gave it to my cousin who wrapped it up and gave it to me for xmas 2/3 weeks later... yep i didn't get to play it till Xmas Day, all the while unaware it would become my second fav game of all time (OOT still holds that top slot for me... just barely). But once I did play it I was hooked instantly. And lets not forget that day I never slept and ended up playing all the way till morning going "ok, i'll do this one bit then go to bed, just wanna see what happens next", before I knew it I finished the game and time for breakfast :heh::heart:

I think i'll replay it come the new year actually : peace: :heart::yay:

He must be in

So colette confirmed as playable then.

I think Lloyd wants to destroy all the exspheres but the new guys have a good reason for them not too so the first part of the game is trying to get lloyd on your side. so probably lloyd and colette come over to your side first and as the game progresses the other guys join you as well.

Wait, was Yuan alive at the end of the first game? I forgot.

So colette confirmed as playable then.

I think Lloyd wants to destroy all the exspheres but the new guys have a good reason for them not too so the first part of the game is trying to get lloyd on your side. so probably lloyd and colette come over to your side first and as the game progresses the other guys join you as well.

That would render useless the use of monsters as playable characters though; even with collete on the party there's only one monster left.

I mean with ToS party who'd want that? use monsters instead of chracters. (unless there's a rule or something that at least one must be monster)

I mean with ToS party who'd want that? use monsters instead of chracters. (unless there's a rule or something that at least one must be monster)

I hope not, i'd rather have 4 "human" characters rather than use monsters, I'm hoping they'll be more of a tactical choice for boss battles maybe, what would be good would be if you could switch characters/monsters mid-battle, but have have a limit of say 2 switches per battle

I hope not, i'd rather have 4 "human" characters rather than use monsters, I'm hoping they'll be more of a tactical choice for boss battles maybe, what would be good would be if you could switch characters/monsters mid-battle, but have have a limit of say 2 switches per battle
Me too, but that's my point; if I have 4 human characters that I can use... why would I want to use a monster? what incentive do I have?

Can I summon them or something? can I have more characters on screen counting with them?

Switch is a good one though, perhaps it could like pokémon and pokéballs, carry "y" and you can switch them whenever.

I'd rather have 4 human characters aswell instead of 3 humans and a monster. Would be good if you could summon them for a short amount of time in a battle every battle or something.

But I really don't want to use them. I want to know the purpose and why have them?

But I really don't want to use them. I want to know the purpose and why have them?
Probably because Emil and Martha are the Knights of Ratatosk; so I guess they're at Martels service (?) just as Ratatosk supposedly is, or perhaps at that glasses man service (is he sent by Ratatosk? or is he a Ratatosk encarnation?), legend has it that Ratatosk was not all good though, so perhaps the problem comes from the fact that... they're knights of Ratatosk.

Anyway, it makes sense in my eyes that if they're sent by the tree of life or by some divine form, wild animals could join your party, make a pact (like Sheena/Klarth and summoning Spirits); or be enslaved. But that's just the theory anyway; I wonder too.

I think they already revealed the monster system didn't they.

Oh and watch the trailer again, there is lip movement.

I think they already revealed the monster system didn't they.
They did unveil the monsters, but I've heard no solid details about how it works. For a Time I even thought the party would consist of only Emil, Martha and two monsters of your choice.
Oh and watch the trailer again, there is lip movement.
There is, but they've done them with textures rather than poligonal, and that's a letdown since they bettered the models; detailed mouths would be the extra mile to make it look really good.

They also still require a lot of sync work judging from the trailer, but I believe that'll get done in time, I guess.

The audio in the trailer was a little off, I think that was due to it being converted to a .flv.

I tried converting the movie to an .mp4 but the audio cut out halfway through for some reason.

by looking at those pictures the graphics doesnt look that bad i liked the first one i hope they put some more special attacks and stuff like that in it

Wait, I think I figured it out! Maybe Colette is actually capture-able like the monsters. Perhaps she fights you with Lloyd and then when you beat Lloyd you take her prisoner.

Maybe once captured you can force her to shut up.

Wait, I think I figured it out! Maybe Colette is actually capture-able like the monsters. Perhaps she fights you with Lloyd and then when you beat Lloyd you take her prisoner.
Emel used pokéball!

*ball rolling*

Okay, Collete is caught!

OMG, Collette is the Pikachu of the "Tales of" universe, I thought I found that yellow hair familiar. :D

Maybe once captured you can force her to shut up.
God, I'd capture her just for that.

I'd capture her to rip of her wings then tie her to a nice big peice of wood. Then circle her with hay and light it.

I'd capture her to rip of her wings then tie her to a nice big peice of wood. Then circle her with hay and light it.

Don't forget the gasoline.

And you'll have to find a quick way to hide the remains so Raine can't use any of her revive spells

And you'll have to find a quick way to hide the remains so Raine can't use any of her revive spells

"Just like in Tales of Symphonia when..."

Can't wait for another Podcast, Franky. ;)

"Just like in Tales of Symphonia when..."

when during a fight Colette gets accidently gets stabbed and Raine had used up all her TP, the team was out of potions and couldn't heal her and she died.... Not long after, Lloyd and Sheena stop being shy and finally give in to their "desires".

YAY

:yay:

What do you mean that was a dream?:shakehead

If I had dreamed it then Lloyd would have been replaced by ME :heh: