NEurope
jammy2211

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

The text says that the three characters there are called (from left to right) Emil, Marta and Richter. :p

Where do you see Genis at? Just in that piece of art in the bottom corner, or is he in one of the screenshots?

Just a small piece in the corner. That's all I can make out aswell :heh:

I want to see what the text says and see if it mentions Lloyd anywhere...

full translations needed... now all i need is a screen shot with Sheena and Kratos and i'm happy

They were posted at the last page. Damn posting on the last post of the page >.<

Still translation is needed.

Screw Collette. Lloyd,Sheena and Kratos FTW!!!

Though since Collette is in it i'm immensly hoping Lloyd will join in now. Please NAMCO PLEASE!

Screw Collette. Lloyd,Sheena and Kratos FTW!!!

Though since Collette is in it i'm immensly hoping Lloyd will join in now. Please NAMCO PLEASE!

Agree. I hope Collette falls again, but this time down a cliff >_> Card fighting ninja summoner ftw!

Hooray, Zelos appears once again!

And he, Lloyd and Collette are looking good in this new style.

*prays for a Sheena, Regal and Kratos to appear*

New info

All eight from ToS I shows up in ToS II.

Collette is playable.

Collette has wings

You can catch monsters and use them in battles

The battle system is called FR-LMBS(Flex-Range Linear Motion Battle System) I think this is the same system as in Tales of the Abyss. You can run around at free will by holding down a button, but you can not attack while free run. While attacking you will run forth and back like in ToS.

Will be released in Japan spring 2008.

Make Lloyd and Sheena or atleast Lloyd playable and contine the Lloyd/Sheena story!!!

Camman Namco delay the game if you must. Have them in playable form.

I hope it has 480p and widescreen. Or else it will be doomed in 75% of all reviews and be burned to the ground because the lack of it. And nowadays only ghost squad has a 4:3 aspect ratio(at least I remembered).

it is about time Nintendo goes to a higher resolution. especially seeing the HDTV's selling like hot cakes here in the Netherlands

New info

All eight from ToS I shows up in ToS II.

Collette is playable.

Collette has wings

You can catch monsters and use them in battles

The battle system is called FR-LMBS(Flex-Range Linear Motion Battle System) I think this is the same system as in Tales of the Abyss. You can run around at free will by holding down a button, but you can not attack while free run. While attacking you will run forth and back like in ToS.

Will be released in Japan spring 2008.

Nice one, will be great to see the full crew appear again. Can't wait to see how their relationships will develop, Lloyd and Sheena especially, *Come on Namco, make it happen* and hopefully they'll all be playable too: peace:

I hope it has 480p and widescreen. Or else it will be doomed in 75% of all reviews and be burned to the ground because the lack of it. And nowadays only ghost squad has a 4:3 aspect ratio(at least I remembered).
*gasp* Namco should re-release Tales of Symphonia with 16:9, 480p and the Japanese PS2 extras. *gasp*

But seriously, how dumb is it to release a sequel to a game that's out of print, and GC didn't even lead, so... there's tons of people who'd play this one (and re-buy it) making it a good addiction to the Wii catalog.

We need more "RE4: Wii Edition's" I think. (drools at the thought of Metroid Prime 1&2 with 16:9, 480p and wiimote controls)

I think that everyones with me when i say that lacks widescreen or 480p in a game nowadays(2007) almost 100% of the time equals lack of production value and polish, rushed. And to know that widescreen was invented in 1996 or 1997. And almost 11 years later the dutch tv stations are finally going widescreen.

And I totally agree with pedrocasilva, namco should release a wii edition of tales of symphonia at a budget price. And seeing that re4 wii edtion is selling like hotcakes.It sold 1.18 million copies from it release in may till now. And it wouldn’t surprise me if an enhanced version of ToS will sell way better than the gamecube counterpart that is out of print by now. I dont know for sure but resident evil 4 GC is still available in stores.

If there comes a wii version of it. I think I would buy it, and the reason is that I imported my copy from the states. And the freeloader isn’t working very good on wii’s

I think that everyones with me when i say that lacks widescreen or 480p in a game nowadays(2007) almost 100% of the time equals lack of production value and polish, rushed. And to know that widescreen was invented in 1996 or 1997. And almost 11 years later the dutch tv stations are finally going widescreen.
Implemented is the word (not invented), since there's been movies with 16:9 ratio since decades ago.
And I totally agree with pedrocasilva, namco should release a wii edition of tales of symphonia at a budget price. And seeing that re4 wii edtion is selling like hotcakes. It wouldn’t surprise me if an enhanced version of ToS will sell way better than the gamecube counterpart.
It's just so easy it would be like taking candy from children, there's clearly demand for it, and they're gamecube gems that a lot of people didn't get the chance to play; their price on eBay just proves that.

Being out of print is a crime.

Would be amazing if they done a Wii edition of it. Think of all those lovely cutscenes that will be in it with all those other PS2 extras. And they could even add an OVA in it aswell for good measure.

I would buy one immediatly for the Wii if it got a release. Would be fantastic if they did it.

Implemented is the word (not invented), since there's been movies with 16:9 ratio since decades ago.QUOTE]

I mean tv's and that the dutch tv station adopted the technology sins june this year

Would be amazing if they done a Wii edition of it. Think of all those lovely cutscenes that will be in it with all those other PS2 extras. And they could even add an OVA in it aswell for good measure.

I would buy one immediatly for the Wii if it got a release. Would be fantastic if they did it.

Wanna try and pressure Namco on this one?

I'm certainly available to e-mail the US and European representatives (I think this whole thing had a little impact with Rising Star Games a while ago, for example), but we'd need some kind of "organized retaliation" if we wanted to get heard (like... a petition, other gaming sites/blogs making news of it so they could sign, etc); and, if we get either Namco US or Europe discussing it through mail/interview, making news headlines from it, as a possibility (providing they don't rule it out).

Oh, and Namco/Tales forums would be a good pressuring point to get attention and support too.

I'm definently up for it. Even if it doesn't work i'll be happy that I tried to get a re-released version of the game.

The Namco and Tales forums will be a good place to have it aswell since it won't go unnoticed there. As you said we need to do this properly to have any hopes of it working. We could pass it onto other sites, like GoNintendo and IGN if there are a lot of people up for it. I mean i'm sure there's a good few folk on the forums like ourselves that would be delighted for a re-released version. The Tales forum will be the place that we'll likely pick up the most supporters for this.

I've had probably for a year now in my little sig section a protest for a Symphonia collectors edition for wii so I'm in on anything.