NEurope
jammy2211

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

when during a fight Colette gets accidently gets stabbed and Raine had used up all her TP, the team was out of potions and couldn't heal her and she died.... Not long after, Lloyd and Sheena stop being shy and finally give in to their "desires".

YAY

:yay:

What a great post to end the year :yay:

What do you mean that was a dream?:shakehead

If I had dreamed it then Lloyd would have been replaced by ME :heh:

lol

What's this game about?

Its an RPG or an Hack And Slash?

If its an RPG, i will buy it :D

Found out some info about the main story and why Lloyd might be seen as 'evil' to Emil. Thanks to Wiki.

Long ago, Sylvarant and Tethe'alla were united as a single world that drew strength from the Great Kharlan Tree. Divine intervention tore them apart, however, and the Tree withered and died. It was eventually left to a boy named Lloyd to restore the world to its true form. At his journey's end, a new Tree was planted to replace the old one and to hold the two worlds together. This was the story of the Journey of Regeneration.

Together once more, the world is now entering a new era. However, its people are still faced with many problems. After the lands became one, maps were rendered useless and the climate went through many vast changes: desert towns became frozen wastelands and lakes dried up into valleys. All of this stems from an overlooked factor in the unification of the worlds: the spirit of the old Kharlan Tree, Ratatosk, still exists somewhere, and its slumber has sent the world into chaos.

However, Ratatosk isn't the only problem: the people of the two worlds are starting to hate each other. The citizens of Tethe'alla look down upon the citizens of Sylvarant due to their inferior technology, and the citizens of Sylvarant fear the citizens of Tethe'alla because of their power. Two years have passed since the worlds were first merged, and the people of Sylvarant have created a vanguard with which to rise against the Church of Martel and the people of Tethe'alla.

One day, the Church of Martel went to war the vanguard, and Sylvarant's city of Palmacosta was caught in the crossfire. Countless innocent people died and Palmacosta was consumed in a terrible fire. This event came to be known as the "Purge of Flames", a bloody massacre led by Lloyd Irving of the Church of Martel.

So with Lloyd fighting the two main characters I think it's because Emil and the girl are from Sylvarant and Lloyd is fighting for Tethe'alla. So maybe since he's fighting for Sheena's land their together :heart: and Collette joins Emil to find Lloyd.

Just what I think anyway.

I like the theory with Lloyd and Sheena^^

But I thought Palmacosta already was destroyed. Didn't think there could be anything left from last time.

If you looked at it on the world map you could see the ruins of it, just not enter it so there was something left and it was probably restorable in 2 years.

I wonder if they'll reveal that Lloyd named the new karlan tree "Yggdrasill" for those who haven't played phantasia.

Meh the church of martel is evil anyway. And if I have to kick Lloyd in then so be it. Regardless of what we've been through.

What's this game about?

Its an RPG or an Hack And Slash?

If its an RPG, i will buy it :D

Yes, it's an RPG. But play Tales of Symphonia for the Cube first.

The first was a very good one. But avoid searching the Internet for information. The game is better played without spoilers.

Unfortunately the first game is out of print and very hard to find. Especially in Europe. Your best bet is probably eBay.

I'm hoping that the intro of ToS 2 will have some end events of the first game with Kratos leaving and Lloyd naming the tree. It could be the same scene but exteneded so players know what it is. Then they can do a time jump by 2 years and then start the proper intro.

Found out some info about the main story and why Lloyd might be seen as 'evil' to Emil. Thanks to Wiki.

So with Lloyd fighting the two main characters I think it's because Emil and the girl are from Sylvarant and Lloyd is fighting for Tethe'alla. So maybe since he's fighting for Sheena's land their together :heart: and Collette joins Emil to find Lloyd.

Just what I think anyway.

*avoids looking at revealed spoilier while typing*

So is this the begining of avoiding info or should i look..... choices?

Hmm how can I put it without spoilers...

Err it tells you about what's the current situation and events with the two worlds merged together and possibly the story if you figure some things out yourself.

I'm avoiding all info and spoilers on this now.

*avoids looking at revealed spoilier while typing*

So is this the begining of avoiding info or should i look..... choices?

It tells you the starting point of the story in ToS II. Of what has happened between the two games.

Hmm how can I put it without spoilers...

When i hit the "quote" button, the spoiler is quoted too.... but not "hidden" in the text field when i'm typin my reply.

... ok if it's just like the back story of what happened after 1 and before 2, then that's cool...will look now :)

And i think this is prolly a good time to begin avoiding spoilers...... do you think you guys who don't mind seeing spoilers if you wanna post screenshots that might contain something spoilerish please remember to spoiler tag it...and and info ye come across : peace: :bowdown:

Interesting that the Church of Martel still exists... and very strange that Lloyd would lead their Army..... something must be wrong there as Lloyd knows the truth of the Church and him leading an Army to War is very out of character.... there has to be a "sith" like influence on him.

The worlds not getting along, kinda predictable.... they could unite the worlds but they still had the issue of discrimination and the basic human fear of those that are different to deal with.

But once more... Lloyd leading an army to war? And what are the other characters doing? Surely Raine, Genis, Collette and Sheena (well and Regal, Presea and maybe even Zelos) would be against war too.... unless they've had some drastic character change too....

Well I did predict after the first trailer showing Lloyd with flames all round that he could start of on "the darkside".... thats 1 prediction point for me :heh:

.... hhmmm after reading that i might find it harder to resist spoilers now :heh: DAMNIT

Yea now is a good time to start. There's a fair bit of information getting released now and just like the first I want to know none of it (what i'm doing with Brawl aswell)

The only thing I do want to know is if Lloyd and Sheena are playable and if there's still a connection between them. Everything else I don't want to know.

Remember there were two Martels. Mithos' sister and the actual goddess that was revealed at the end. the church of Martel that Lloyd leads is probably a reformed version the focuses on the actual goddess.

Are they not both the same person though and the goddess was his sister?

Also I think the church of Martel is believing in the Kharlan Tree and Martel protecting so the tree won't wither and die. The main characters parents in ToS 2 died due to events in Sylverant remember so they might feel some spite towards Tethe'alla and fight them (Lloyd) but they have an epiphany and realise the truth and then team up with Lloyd.

No Mithos' sister was part of the goddess, re-watch the ending here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCqCwOeClZY.

The real question is: Is Lloyd evil or is Emil?

The Church of Martel was only created to find a vessel to bring back his sister and since he was like a god to the two worlds, his sister was the goddess and the chosen ones where to be her body hence becoming mindless etc.

But Martel said "She is one of the people inside me" since she linked her soul with Mithos and the Tree so their lots of souls within her and then use Tabatha as a body?

If not then I learned something new about ToS:heh:

I'm sure Emil is 'evil'. I think he's the bad guy but un-intentionallly since he doesn't know the truth.

All I know is that the positions that the main characters from the previous game hold will make me love or hate this game. But ultimately

If you've played Phantasia or seen its ova you know Lloyd ultimately fails, as the tree dies once again.

If you've played Phantasia or seen its ova you know Lloyd ultimately fails, as the tree dies once again.

The tree withered away, but there's a 4000 year gap between symphonia and Phantasia, thus... the tree didn't get like that while Lloyd was alive, and was still "alive and kicking" during the Midgard era; thing is, as humans used too much Mana and doing so, drained the life force from the tree away (hence the need for it to be healed); that's a independent matter of Symphonia, or Knight of Ratatosk, for that matter.

The Church of Martel was only created to find a vessel to bring back his sister and since he was like a god to the two worlds, his sister was the goddess and the chosen ones where to be her body hence becoming mindless etc.

But Martel said "She is one of the people inside me" since she linked her soul with Mithos and the Tree so their lots of souls within her and then use Tabatha as a body?

If not then I learned something new about ToS:heh:

Mithos wasn't a god he just had more advanced control of mana (and therefore magic) than the rest of the people in the world. If he or his sister was a god/goddess they would had more control over the world.

Nobody answered my question: was yuan still alive at the end of the first game?

Mithos wasn't a god he just had more advanced control of mana (and therefore magic) than the rest of the people in the world. If he or his sister was a god/goddess they would had more control over the world.

Nobody answered my question: was yuan still alive at the end of the first game?

I just meant he called themselves gods/goddesses but they weren't actually, they just used that to create a vessel and had some control of the worlds via Desians and Church of Martel.

Then they just said that Martel was a goddess when she was just a half-elf as a story for the church.

Also i'm wondering about Yuan aswell. Did he not drown with Batto?

Tales of Symphonia spoilers regarding:

Yuan didn't drown with Botta. He was still alive after the pact with Origin. We just have no idea where he is now.

And Martel was just Mithos' sister who was glorified as a Goddess.

The being that appeared in the ending was Mana's personification, who was using Tabitha's body. It was made of many souls, Martel included.

To add to the confusion, Mana named herself Martel (as evidenced in Tales of Phantasia).