NEurope
DCK

Wii Fit

I can't believe no-one made a thread about this, because I think this is f***ing amazing! Best non-game idea Nintendo has had so far!

Check the amazing trailer here. Hot girl included.

Am I the only one who simply can't wait for a daily portion of Wii fitness?

I can't believe no-one made a thread about this, because I think this is f***ing amazing! Best non-game idea Nintendo has had so far!

Check the amazing trailer here. Hot girl included.

Am I the only one who simply can't wait for a daily portion of Wii fitness?

You probably are.

But applauds to you for showing the trailer with the chick.

Personaly this "game" isnt for me

BUT i would like to say that i know for a fact that the very moment it is released it will be on all the usual TV programs and maybe even the news just because "it will help you get fit".. and sales will be very high because of this.

So yeah this isnt aimed at regular gamers.. so i dont wanna hear any of that "what the hell is this" crap, if you dont like it.. no one said you had to buy it :heh:

this is awesome and could save my life

except I am 18 stone so my fat -bastardness (its muscle really) will probably exclude me.

Really looking forward too it, I really enjoy Nintendo trying to make stuff like this and think it's going to be a huge console seller as well as simply, alot of fun. I do 30 minutes exercise every night and something like this would just be incredible to help.

I think Nintendo are striking a great balance between the extended audience and more hardcore games. This one is definitely the highlight of the extended audience, but who knows what crazy and wacky ideas Nintendo will have next!

This will be a pretty interesting thing to see. I will definitely be getting it as it is something that my mum, dad and grandparents will enjoy, some of the mini games look good as well!

More interestingly though will be the wii balance board itself, what other games might use it?

Think of the possibilities: Surfing skating and all that stuff... but this is nintendo and you can guarantee they will have something original for it!

Personally i would like to see a Monkey Ball game that uses the balance board!

Its not quite to my tastes. But I hope and believe that it will become the next cultural phenomenom for Wii in the same way that Wii Sports stole the headlines.

The idee is nice, but it is all made on the balance board, I would have rather seen that the "game" should have made more use of the wii mote by the mini-games.

There is another thread on this in the E3 board, it will get merged with this thread in good time.

Personally think Nintendo are making a very shrewd move releasing this, but for me it is not a headline announcement, which it clearly was Nintendo held it back till the end and even said "we have Miyamoto coming on soon to reveal a new game" and everyone expected a new awe inspiring franchise and instead we get a glorified step aerobics dvd.

I remember saying on IRC after the comment about Miyamoto coming on to announce a new Wii game that will be perfect for both markets "Animal Crossing Wii, guaranteed."

Those words didn't taste good when I had to eat them :(

There is another thread on this in the E3 board, it will get merged with this thread in good time.

Personally think Nintendo are making a very shrewd move releasing this, but for me it is not a headline announcement, which it clearly was Nintendo held it back till the end and even said "we have Miyamoto coming on soon to reveal a new game" and everyone expected a new awe inspiring franchise and instead we get a glorified step aerobics dvd.

I quite agree with that comment, but as i am sure that you meant it, i only think that about the wii fit game itself, i think that the balance board has the potential to be a great gaming device... although not in the same league as the wiimote and nunchuck.

I'm not entirely sure why people are worried about this at all. It's not like Nintendo are saying "THE NEXT MARIO KART WILL ONLY BE PLAYED THIS WAY!"

It's just adding variety, to an already expanding market. You can't get WiiSport type games on other systems due to the controls, and the same will apply to WiiFit. At the same time, Nintendo are still giving us the classics like Mario Kart, they've let slip that Pikmin will see a future release, we all know we'll see the classics like Zelda et co at some other point, and third parties are announcing new games all the time.

Really don't understand why people are worried about the hardcore market at all. We should be bluddy excited, we're getting a pretty damn, for want of a better sentence, fucking good selection of games and applications for our system.

I'm not entirely sure why people are worried about this at all. It's not like Nintendo are saying "THE NEXT MARIO KART WILL ONLY BE PLAYED THIS WAY!"

It's just adding variety, to an already expanding market. You can't get WiiSport type games on other systems due to the controls, and the same will apply to WiiFit. At the same time, Nintendo are still giving us the classics like Mario Kart, they've let slip that Pikmin will see a future release, we all know we'll see the classics like Zelda et co at some other point, and third parties are announcing new games all the time.

Really don't understand why people are worried about the hardcore market at all. We should be bluddy excited, we're getting a pretty damn, for want of a better sentence, fucking good selection of games and applications for our system.

Exactly how I feel, the DS is flooded with casual games in the mass, but for a hardcore gamer to complain there is nothing on the system for them, they would deserve a huge slap in the face.

The Wii line up is even stronger then what the DS had at this period in it's life (to both expanded and hardcore audiences) and the companies are starting to make games that can be enjoyed by both markets equally. Hell, the new Zelda is showing that sort of a trend in Japan, hardcores praise it while casuals enjoy it due to an excellent hybrid of appeal.

This sort of gaming is far more appealing to me then 100% hardcore games, personally anyway.

Can't wait to shed some pounds, even though alot of my weight come from my height. I don't see why people say "just go outside", because let's face the fats, not everyone is confident enough to be seen with their sweat on, or their shorts.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8143/1/Wii_Fit_Set_to_Cost_Only_£35?

Nintendo News | Wii Fit Set to Cost Only £35?

Quick News - According to numerous online retailers, GameStop included, Nintendo's early-2008 Wii Fit package, which includes the bundle Balance Board as well, is set to only cost $69.99, which equates to roughly £35! Considering the technology included, this seems a great price-point.

Good price if true! Though more likely to be £40 over here!

Good price if true! Though more likely to be £40 over here!

Converting the price realistically, it'll be between £50 and £60 if it's that price in the US.

Thing is games don't sell at currency conversion rates. Games would only be £25 if that were true. More like to be about £50 here.

WiiFit preorders

Sales for Nintendo Co.'s upcoming fitness title Wii Fit increased 310 percent on Wed. upon availability to pre-order the product at Amazon.com.

Wii Fit, said to be released on Jan. 1, moved to sales rank of No. 74 from No. 304. The title will be released with a Wii Balance Board peripheral for a list price of $69.99.

Wii Fit is said to feature more than 40 exercises, including aerobics, muscle training and yoga.

Nintendo debuted Wii Fit and the Wii Balance Board at the E3 Media & Business Summit in July. It said the title would be released to the U.S. in early 2008 but did not provide a retail price.

Exactly.. im very excited for this game. I think many people will be eating their words soon.

Exactly.. im very excited for this game. I think many people will be eating their words soon.

As part of a well balanced diet to go with the game I would assume.

As part of a well balanced diet to go with the game I would assume.

ohhh I didn't think of that one... Good one:)

Honestly, I'm not excited at all about this. This is a first, since I first bought my game cube. Weird.