NEurope
DCK

Wii Fit

This is out much sooner than I expected. I was thinking June sometime, but i'm happy with this. Can't help but feel getting this almost a month earlier and maybe Mario Kart earlier is somewhat of an apology for the Brawl fiasco.

As for a price, shouldn't be to hard to judge, just get the US and Jap prices for an estimate.

US Price is "Under $100" so $99.99 I think the jap price is $89. So lets take the highest price $99.99 (about £50) add a bit of VAT £60 and add the obligitory screw britain markup and we get £65-£70.

So in short Owen seems about right.

*Prays for another Play.com price cock up that allowed me to get GH3 for £30*

:heh:

Nintendo seem hell bent on clogging up my Wii. Not content with not providing SD/HDD support, they're now eating into my 48 channels - with two game stats channels (MK and WiiFit) which could easily be incorporated into a single Stats Channel

Lord Oh Mighty.

IS really annoying they could easily have incorporated it either as one channel and as a competitor for the likes of the 360 achievements system, but surely if they are just stats for individual games they could have been incorporated into the games themselves?

Cool it is comeing out April I am getting this and Mario Kart Wii and get Grand Theft Auto IV for Christmas.

why am I still a Frequent Poster?

try spamming a little harder every day.... In the meanwhile, the jedi council will convene to discuss your case. I support your promotion but there are others who will not.

try spamming a little harder every day.... In the meanwhile, the jedi council will convene to discuss your case. I support your promotion but there are others who will not.
I can't wailt tell this comes out becuse I need this game.

That's the spirit!

Glad we are getting this first. Good old NOE. :indeed: Whilst the USA are playing brawl mashing on Doritos, we are getting slimmer. I guess they need to produce stupifying amounts for the US afterall.

This and Mario kart before brawl is nice. And with March being a pretty decent month too, it looks like Wii is gathering some pace...It's definately needed.

I'm still not looking forward to this... at all in the least bit. SO much other stuff. I will only invest in WiiFit when I see other games that use it I don't want it to be another peripheral that gathers dust just like the Donkey Konga Bongos have.

I guess they need to produce stupifying amounts for the US afterall.

I wonder if there are more legal hurdles to jump in the US? I can imagine many Wii Fit-related lawsuits.

"I've been using it for three years and haven't loss weight"

"I slipped a disc while heading a football"

"My balance board got lodged in my TV screen"

I'm looking forward to this a bit to much i reckon! :D

I'm extremely excited about it! (and no i'm not being sarcastic).

..this is actually coming out quite close to my birthday.. may be able to help get a little funding for this from my brother and stuff :heh:

I really need motivation to exercise even a little. Come on Wii Fit >.<

I wonder how much weight you can actually lose just by using this?:P

If you did it everyday I'd say it would be a good bit, if you did running and everything.

I'll definitively get it anyway, but I'm getting it more for the Balance Board then anything, would love for some snow boarding games to come out on it!

I wonder how much weight you can actually lose just by using this?:P

If you did it everyday I'd say it would be a good bit, if you did running and everything.

I'll definitively get it anyway, but I'm getting it more for the Balance Board then anything, would love for some snow boarding games to come out on it!

Not much i don't think...it's more of a relaxation game for your body i reckon.

A couple of screenshots seem to indicate that you can "put on" weight aswell as set a deadline (like 2 weeks). If someone can honestly gain/lose weight in a set space of time using nothing but this title this will be the greatest piece of software known to man. Somehow I doubt it's possible. Walking tightropes and heading footballs wont make me Arnie in 6months. Although I'd like to think it would.

It would be a really great feature if Wii Fit offered nutritional advice about what to eat etc...A great feature would be you putting your average calorie consumption in and then the game analysing what you should be getting and offering advice...like DONT EAT CHEESE!

However, this could be hidden away in the many menus.

The potential this title has is staggering. I'd love for Reggie to prove that there are 10 titles in the works for the board though. Somehow I get the feeling it's 'sales' talk only.

I think there are games on the work for it. As discussed in the last podcast (I think or a podcast anyway). 1080 would be amazing if they used the board right.

There's not to much of a reason to lie, some probably won't make it but with Boogie 2 rumoured to use it and some games in development to use it, it's safe to see developers will jump onboard the board. Get it :p

It would be bad to just make 1 game using the board, or you'll feel abused.

...it's safe to see developers will jump onboard the board.

I'd like to think that developers will embrace the board and develop sterling, inventive titles yet, for the most part we are still wishing developers would embrace and develop inventive wii-mote titles.

The board offers developers like Activision the opportunity to completely rejuvinate the Tony Hawk franchise...but graphics and gimmicks will probably reign supreme as they stick to the 360 and PS3 as the fore-runners of the franchise. Hopefully Guitar Hero showed Wii is a viable platform for sales/franchises.

I'd personally like to see some lightgun games using the pedal function that time crisis started using in later instalments. Or even a driving game (potentially mario kart?) using both sides of the board as brake and accelerate. Indeed, these are minor suggestions but it would seem that we will perhaps only see Nintendo really utilising the board.

The board could be the saviour of many franchises...But didn't we think that about the wiimote? Time will tell.

Nintendo seem to have been finally noticed as the pioneers of game "playing" development (in both the public and business sectors) and so this could be the peripheral that breaks the mould and actually drives developers to develop more exclusive titles than previously thought possible.

Would this game cost £60 to buy.

Yes, if your asking. Any cheaper and i'll be quite surprised.

Yes, if your asking. Any cheaper and i'll be quite surprised.

I want it to be £30 tell £40

I want it to be £30 tell £40

Lol, you're kidding? There's no chance in hell. Minimum will be about £55 I'd say.