Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart Wii

Zechs Merquise

Yes it does....You were questioning talking about ONM for the smallest amount on Thread, which lead from Mario Kart. We're not going to move a conversation into another Thread randomly thanks.

And to me it also seems like you're trying to start something, don't bother, dwarf's done nothing wrong.

Seriously: what the hell? I'm not sure what you're talking about here.

About the first part - the reason I said what has this got to do with MK is because you guys started talking about stickers and something about waiting til friday to get a magazine. I just don't see the point in posts like that. I also thought that a Magazine thread would just be quite good to discuss stuff like this (which is better NGamer or ONM, for example, although that one is obvious) which is why I informed you that such a thread existed. I never told you to go there, and it really isn't that random to talk about magazines in a magazine thread is it?

Second - me starting something? Where's the post that this happens? I haven't started anything, and neither has Dwarf. As far as I was concerned we were just talking about whether or not I should import Brawl while waiting for this. That wasn't really starting anything, and the fact that I agree with a lot of things that Dwarf says (both in and out of this thread) makes me think that you're reading into things way too much.

Again, back to Mario Kart, those videos on GameTrailers look great, and I agree with everyone talking about the speed - this game looks so much faster than DD, it seems so odd that the preview from ign (it was ign right? I can't remember!) said it was slower. It does look plenty fast enough. Also in one of the videos Bowser is almost constantly boosting! He gets powerslide boosts and the track boosts all the time, which really show off the speed.

I just watched some footage and this is looking better than I expected... but yet still not as amazing as I want it to look. I'm talking graphically however I'm sure it will play like a dream and will be great fun which is why I'm looking forward to it!

Also, about the mags... well, the way I see it is a bit of deviation from the topic is ok as long as it is connected to what the thread is about and doesn't end up getting out of control and totally derailing us. Thats when the mods have to step in, raar!! Yeah, and the magazine thread? I mean... lets be honest, you only pointed them to it cos you wanted to pimp your own thread. :p

I just watched some footage and this is looking better than I expected... but yet still not as amazing as I want it to look. I'm talking graphically however I'm sure it will play like a dream and will be great fun which is why I'm looking forward to it!

Also, about the mags... well, the way I see it is a bit of deviation from the topic is ok as long as it is connected to what the thread is about and doesn't end up getting out of control and totally derailing us. Thats when the mods have to step in, raar!! Yeah, and the magazine thread? I mean... lets be honest, you only pointed them to it cos you wanted to pimp your own thread. :p

Haha shhhhhh :heh:

I'm pretty pleased with the graphics, especially when you look at early shots of the game. I know the textures aren't all the brilliant but I'm loving the amount of character animation as well as the amount of stuff going on in the backgrounds (Mii's as the crowd etc). I know they aren't brilliant but you're right Dark, I think the gameplay will more than make up for it.

You need to learn the art at hinting your own thread!

MK I think 36 tracks is a good selection, and I hope they do a newly revamped Rainbow road, like usual.

Thing is I'd like to see an epic track, or more larger tracks because it seems corners are being cut by listening to IGN, because lots of courses can be lapped in 30 seconds minus.

Seriously: what the hell? I'm not sure what you're talking about here.

About the first part - the reason I said what has this got to do with MK is because you guys started talking about stickers and something about waiting til friday to get a magazine. I just don't see the point in posts like that. I also thought that a Magazine thread would just be quite good to discuss stuff like this (which is better NGamer or ONM, for example, although that one is obvious) which is why I informed you that such a thread existed. I never told you to go there, and it really isn't that random to talk about magazines in a magazine thread is it?

Well I'll start by apologising for any confusion....I was combining the conversations between you and canad, and you and dwarf for some reason:wtf:

Anyway....We talked once about stickers, because there was ONE question about something not Mario Kart...Big bloody woop!!!

We we'ren't going to suddenly move into some other thread to answer and ask 1 Question.

I sure hope you only did schoolwork during lessons and never spoke to your friends unless about work :indeed:

I'll give you a ?scripture? if you want:

ONM: 94%

poooooop

Was that in ONM issure 28?
Yeah

DOOOPYWOOP

Have you got a cover of it becuse I have to wailt tell Friday to get it and what is the free gift?
?Cover?

The free gift's a double sided Mario Kart DD/Mario Kart Wii poster.

The DD side was used as a poster by NOM once though, but a smaller ver. found inside a calendar one year.

That is rubbish why does it have to be a poster?
I forgot...there's also SEGA Superstars Tennis Wiimote sticker cover things & stickers for whatever else you wish
Cool I can put them on my note book.

Sorry our side conversation offends you. I'll be sure only to talk about Mario Kart: Wii in this thread.

"Sieg Heil!"

I don't trust ONM much, I remember them giving rave reviews to 40 winks, but I don't remember hearing anything much about it after it came out. Nowadays I think it's best to get alot of reviews from various sources, and that's where gamerankings and gamefaqs comes in mighty handy!

Despite the good reviews, I think I'm gonna pass up MKWii for a while, unless I start working again soon, cos I'm gonna go with dwarf's plan and import brawl instead methinks. I'm just not rich enough right now, and given the choice between the two I've gotta go for Brawl.

Well I'll start by apologising for any confusion....I was combining the conversations between you and canad, and you and dwarf for some reason:wtf:

Anyway....We talked once about stickers, because there was ONE question about something not Mario Kart...Big bloody woop!!!

We we'ren't going to suddenly move into some other thread to answer and ask 1 Question.

I sure hope you only did schoolwork during lessons and never spoke to your friends unless about work :indeed:

I'll give you a ?scripture? if you want:

Sorry our side conversation offends you. I'll be sure only to talk about Mario Kart: Wii in this thread.

"Sieg Heil!"

Lol at proving Godwin right.

It's not offensive. I'm not even sure how it would be.

What I suppose actually annoys me is canand. I'm sure he's lovely in real life and all that jazz, but the fact that he regularly contributes single sentences that are pointless and unrelated just gets to me. For example:

I cant wailt for this game it well be good.

Now this is good, I'm glad he's looking forward to it, but I remember him posting the same thing at least once before. And it doesn't really promote discussion, it's not funny, it just doesn't really serve a purpose. I just want him to explain why he can't wait? What features excite him? Etc etc.

But yeah, I clearly go way too far in these situations. Sorry.

Lol at proving Godwin right.

It's not offensive. I'm not even sure how it would be.

What I suppose actually annoys me is canand. I'm sure he's lovely in real life and all that jazz, but the fact that he regularly contributes single sentences that are pointless and unrelated just gets to me. For example:

Now this is good, I'm glad he's looking forward to it, but I remember him posting the same thing at least once before. And it doesn't really promote discussion, it's not funny, it just doesn't really serve a purpose. I just want him to explain why he can't wait? What features excite him? Etc etc.

But yeah, I clearly go way too far in these situations. Sorry.

I cant wailt becuse I like Mario Kart game and I am going to like the bike.

This got a score of 91% in GamesMaster if anyones interested, don't really know if the magazine is any good but just flicked through it in Easons and seen the score.

They liked the bikes and Wii Wheel(what?:P), and the speed felt really good, can't remember the negatives.

This got a score of 91% in GamesMaster if anyones interested, don't really know if the magazine is any good but just flicked through it in Easons and seen the score.

They liked the bikes and Wii Wheel(what?:P), and the speed felt really good, can't remember the negatives.

Hmm this sounds good (incidentally I think we should start calling it the WiiL [geddit?] to fit with the wiimote etc) I have never really been that sure about GamesMaster for reviews but they generally get the high scorers right, so this is looking good.

In fact all the reviews look good so far *is getting excited*

Does anybody know, out of the 4 control options. Is the Wiimote held sideways just the same as it is in the wheel? i.e. Does it still use tilt control or does it use the D-pad?

It must use tilt controls if it's in a wheel, right? Otherwise whats the point of the wheel? I thought it was Excitetruck-like controls!

I think mat meant if you're just using the wiimote do you use the dpad not when its in the wheel!

And Mat, BOTH use tilt tech!

Ok mate thanks for that. I was rather hoping for the option to use the D-pad to be honest. Give it a MKDS feel.

Although I have got Brawl, I am more looking forward to this. I know that is crazy talk to some of you, but MK is the main reason I bought a Wii.

For me:

MKWii > Brawl

A hardcore-turned family friendly game series that has had its best days over an incredible 2d fighter?

wow.