Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart Wii

Zechs Merquise

Ah I see! :)

Yes I do not use the bikes that have that too tightier drifting which hugs onto the inner side of the track as often it goes over to far into the grass which isn't very helpful!

I much prefer the standard way which is much easier to execute! :D

It is a shame that I'm too used to the bikes, in a way I feel like I'm cheating the game! It is called Mario Kart after all Though I do still use them ocassionally!

Perhaps will get a challenge which will be Karts only?

Sounds like a good idea for a competition!

Yeah, today I think I am gonna force myself to learn how to drift using the traditional style.

My mii has access to the heavy vehicles, which I am just not used to using as they cannot turn corners sharp enough. WAAAAAY too used to using the light characters but tis such a shame as i get bumped around the course as if I was a tiny insect. And then the poor top speed can hurt time trials but I find the high acceleration highly useful for grand prix and online play as you get bombarded with so many weapons that you start and stop alot and so hitting top speed becomes less important than just making sure that you are dead still for so long that the opposition catches up.

You know you can change your Mii to a Heavy, Medium or Light character by changing their height in the Mii creator?

A Mii only appears as a heavy character in Mario Kart if you have the Mii height meter absolutely maxed out.

Mine was originally like this, so I moved the height down only an absolute fraction and my Mii is now a Medium character.

Keep moving the height bar down and you can also be a Light weight character.

My progress:

Got a * or ** ranking on the first four cups of 150cc, not looking forward to the rainbow road cup!

Also unlocked about 12 expert ghosts so far I think, though I'm struggling to remember which ghosts I've beaten!

You know you can change your Mii to a Heavy, Medium or Light character by changing their height in the Mii creator?

A Mii only appears as a heavy character in Mario Kart if you have the Mii height meter absolutely maxed out.

Mine was originally like this, so I moved the height down only an absolute fraction and my Mii is now a Medium character.

My progress:

Got a * or ** ranking on the first four cups of 150cc, not looking forward to the rainbow road cup!

Also unlocked about 12 expert ghosts so far I think, though I'm struggling to remember which ghosts I've beaten!

Oh I didn't know that. That's why mine is light as I have my height as minimum as it looks more cartoony.

I've got roughly 16 expert ghosts. I've just done about 14. What are the requirements for getting them? I read that it's 7 seconds quicker than the normal ghosts. But is that the same for every track?

Oh I didn't know that. That's why mine is light as I have my height as minimum as it looks more cartoony.

I've got roughly 16 expert ghosts. I've just done about 14. What are the requirements for getting them? I read that it's 7 seconds quicker than the normal ghosts. But is that the same for every track?

Not really, it varies from track to track. Have a look at the bottom of

this page on gamefaqs for a complete list

I have unlocked everything I think, the last thing was the second Mii outfit, just been racing against a guy called KO J.BOss online, he had 9999, was unbelievable, I only beat him in one race. Would ahve beat him in another had it not been for an unlucky blue shell!

My progress:

Yeah, I know, but I like the way my Mii looks. And really the height is a little above the middle but the weight is up there :heh:

My progress. * or ** on retro cups on 150cc. Still got to do the 150cc wii cups but man i hate them tracks. Unlocked all the expert ghosts apart from rainbow road. Can't even finish the damn track without screwing up. Actually, cant make it past the first lap without making a mistake. Thinking I may need to use something other than the wii wheel but that would hurt as I would only be using it to do this last little thing. What do you get for unlocking all the ghosts anyways?

Does anyone go on line on this? Noone ever seems to be on. If you do go on quite a bit and you have friend room add me because I like to go on a fair bit, but much prefer racing people I at least know in digital form :)

Bah when I tried to add you ages ago, you told me you had no room ¬_¬

I don't think you would be driving in mirror mode, I think what Serebii means is that you do the whole course backwards. So you could practice in Time Trial mode by when you start the track, do a 180 degrees turn and drive round.

I don't think you would be driving in mirror mode, I think what Serebii means is that you do the whole course backwards. So you could practice in Time Trial mode by when you start the track, do a 180 degrees turn and drive round.

Indeed, although its edited to give you boosts up the bits where you go down

New comp looks good. I prefer it when you have to do a course in the quickest time. Wasn't keen on comp3, though I guess it's something different.

Does anyone go on line on this? Noone ever seems to be on. If you do go on quite a bit and you have friend room add me because I like to go on a fair bit, but much prefer racing people I at least know in digital form :)

I'll add you, I'm looking for more friends. Anyone else want to trade friend codes? Retro_Link, Serebii, Rowan, Deathjam, Zechs, Moogle, Coolness, Tales, darksnowman? :heh:

OOh interesting I might change my Mii to medium so I can use the bike that I normally use with Peach. (I can't remember what it's called!) It has good drift which I need for racing.

I love the competition Idea! though Didn't have much time to play the last one. I only tried it a few times and recorded my worst score!!!

New comp looks good. I prefer it when you have to do a course in the quickest time. Wasn't keen on comp3, though I guess it's something different.

I'll add you, I'm looking for more friends. Anyone else want to trade friend codes? Retro_Link, Serebii, Rowan, Deathjam, Zechs, Moogle, Coolness, Tales, darksnowman? :heh:

I''ll trade codes with you! :D

Though I can't play for a bit as my friend has my controller. >______<

No I didn't I added you and you are actually on my friend list. Your little Mii is there on my list :)

You're getting me mixed up with someone else Ive never told anyone I didn't have room.

Awesome! My bad! Hopefulyl see you online some time :P

Yeah go on add me :D. Ill add you right now.

There you go Dynamo, you are added.

Did that quite a few times. Guess I will try again. Any other suggestions?

What about resetting the router? (switching it off and on?)

try channels, 1, 9 and 13.

have you changed the name of your router at all? make sure the settings on your wii match your router settings.

Other than that hmmm.

What about resetting the router? (switching it off and on?)

try channels, 1, 9 and 13.

have you changed the name of your router at all? make sure the settings on your wii match your router settings.

Other than that hmmm.

tried 1 6 11, will try 9 and 13 too. The error code is so unhelpful and sometimes changes. And yeah, I have switched my router off and then back on many times. And it stopped working with two routers in fact, both of them dlink routers. But I have had no recent updates and it still worked with these routers after the 3.2 firmware update.

EDIT: reset router completely (killed password and other settings) and now have an open connection, which currently allows for both the DS and wii to work. Will go about setting up MAC filtering tomorrow.