NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Mario Kart Wii

Okay, I'm happier now that I've got a 26.5 time on the comp!

For hitting the item boxes you will have more success if you drive around the opposite way to which the boxes are circulating.

The key for this competition is being able to use reverse effectively and then it all works quite nicely.

im really not loving this game. I should prefer it to the others but battle mode and the extra racers actually really leave it down.. plus it looks AWFUL in 4 player split screen.. I am never able to see the snes and gba tracks in 4 player.

There is too many attack powerups and not enough defence ones.. If you are first all you can rely on is banana,shells and boxes.,

the blue shell should seriously be removed

and i hate the lightning too its just stupid and happens too often.

Just got 23 seconds.

Nice time and I was impressed by your TT efforts earlier too...but I just did a 17.427 and can't see myself beating it too soon!

im really not loving this game. I should prefer it to the others but battle mode and the extra racers actually really leave it down.. plus it looks AWFUL in 4 player split screen.. I am never able to see the snes and gba tracks in 4 player.

There is too many attack powerups and not enough defence ones.. If you are first all you can rely on is banana,shells and boxes.,

the blue shell should seriously be removed

and i hate the lightning too its just stupid and happens too often.

Only advice I can give you is get a bigger tv screen. Just played it with people who have played only the old snes and 64 versions and they loved it. Actually got a bunch of people to play the wii when they would never play games. Good day.

Anyone seen the insane shortcut at Grumble Volcano?!

I have a 26.571s total time now! This was #5 worldwide earlier (Pierrepont). I don't think Nintendo are going to allow it though. The Top 10 was different earlier and times have been deleted. I imagine mine will soon as well.

It was fun to do though, and quite difficult to pull off ;P

Anyone seen the insane shortcut at Grumble Volcano?!

I have a 26.571s total time now! This was #5 worldwide earlier (Pierrepont). I don't think Nintendo are going to allow it though. The Top 10 was different earlier and times have been deleted. I imagine mine will soon as well.

It was fun to do though, and quite difficult to pull off ;P

What insane shortcut?...

What insane shortcut?...

I find this hilarious.

Apparently Nintendo are deleting wordwide and region rankings/leaderboards time trials that do this. However it remains on your 'friends' online leader board.

I find this hilarious.

Apparently Nintendo are deleting wordwide and region rankings/leaderboards time trials that do this. However it remains on your 'friends' online leader board.

lol, very funny!

I'm so going to have to try that when i get home from work!

a paltry 27 seconds.

Does anybody here know what the content situation is with the competitions. Are these just missions being unlocked from the disc are you actually downloading any frameworks, assets and behaviors?

That video is great- reminds me of the exploits in Mario Kart 64. I might try it out later as well and see if I can manage it- looks simple. Plus its with Daisy. : peace:

a paltry 27 seconds.

Does anybody here know what the content situation is with the competitions. Are these just missions being unlocked from the disc are you actually downloading any frameworks, assets and behaviors?

You bring up a good point. I'd be interested to know about this too actually.

32 seconds I'm getting slightly better.:smile:

I'm so going to try out that trick when I get home as well.

Nintendo are deleting times from the Grumble Volcano Top 10. The record I set yesterday has been deleted, so I set a quicker one of 24.909 this morning, currently #7 worldwide :heh:

I wonder if Nintendo will just continually delete times or permanantly get rid of the bug, but I don't see how they can...

Nintendo are deleting times from the Grumble Volcano Top 10. The record I set yesterday has been deleted, so I set a quicker one of 24.909 this morning, currently #7 worldwide :heh:

I wonder if Nintendo will just continually delete times or permanantly get rid of the bug, but I don't see how they can...

I suppose you can have your moment but spare a thought for the poor people who worked hours to get a genuinely good time on that track only to see it wiped out by a bunch of cheats! :indeed: It's a good find of course but once everyone saw the WR video, it was hardly a major achievement afterwards.

I suppose you can have your moment but spare a thought for the poor people who worked hours to get a genuinely good time on that track only to see it wiped out by a bunch of cheats! :indeed: It's a good find of course but once everyone saw the WR video, it was hardly a major achievement afterwards.

Yes I did feel for those who set the old records, but when I looked yesterday and saw the Top 10 was already filled with low times and by some of the best players, I thought I may as well have a bit of fun and try and set a low time too.

I just tried the Grumble Volcano one and it didn't recoginise crossing the line on any trip round?!

I can't even get up there.

EDIT: I just got up but like R_L it didn't register any of the laps.

I just tried the Grumble Volcano one and it didn't recoginise crossing the line on any trip round?!

There are two key points on the rocks which you have to touch/pass. I also had trouble at first, but now it registers the laps every time.

First one: drive high on the rock nearest the finish line - the first corner.

Second one: drive high on the pointy rock - the one just before you turn left to see the finish line.

Had one of those days where I am hating the game. Bloody hell trying to get at least a star on 100cc cups is so damn hard sometimes, with the way the ai cheats. Have done it on all but the last cup because for some reason, on the last lap, it's not even me getting brutalised. It just seems like the course hates me and some of those jumpy bits just cause me to head off the track. SO frustrating when you are so far ahead of the pack, only to end up coming second, TWICE! so pissed off. Would have a star on all 100cc but noooo. Now I need to do that cup again and I just dont think I can do that.

Ooh I need to try this Grumble Volcano thing out later. :D

And some of those shortcuts to! I've tried some of them before and they didn't work to well for me....

Ooh I need to try this Grumble Volcano thing out later. :D

And some of those shortcuts to! I've tried some of them before and they didn't work to well for me....

Feel like helping me let of some steam now? :D

Feel like helping me let of some steam now? :D

Yes ok! :D (Just need to get My Wii from downstairs :))

OMG The chat on mario kart absolutely blows!

EDIT: My stress levels have just risen :blank:

EDIT2: Didnt realise it would really be just a race between the two of us coolness (where i got owned :( ). Ah well

EDIT3: F**K! My laptop fell on the floor breaking my nintendo usb wifi connector! CRAP its all bent out of shape! Not a good day!

EDIT4: I think i managed to fix it! Whew!