Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Charlie

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I'm so surprised people get psyched enough over a book to go out and get it at midnight. I actually thought the Harry Potter fanbase had greatly died down, or at least been replaced by movie fangirls. Maybe it's just with me. I only read the last two books once, within a week or so after release, and don't even remember most of what happened in the Half Blood Prince. Oh well, with the release still a good week away, at least I have a chance to re-read it (in other words: put off reading my 2nd year course books for a bit).

Man I'm so surprised people get psyched enough over a book to go out and get it at midnight. I actually thought the Harry Potter fanbase had greatly died down, or at least been replaced by movie fangirls. Maybe it's just with me. I only read the last two books once, within a week or so after release, and don't even remember most of what happened in the Half Blood Prince. Oh well, with the release still a good week away, at least I have a chance to re-read it (in other words: put off reading my 2nd year course books for a bit).

That's basically my exact thoughts.

People keep chatting about bits from the last 2, and i'm like.. "When did that happen?"

Guest Stefkov

That's just silly, reading what happens. When's this out again? Next week..sometime this month isn't it?

I'll need to read the Half Blood Prince again. Maybe Order of the Phoenix aswell because the movie had me wondering about basically the end.

I read an article on Yahoo, which said that about 5-10% of fans will flick to the back pages to see what happens.

Not much point in reading the 600 odd pages which procede it then, is there pricks.

Haha, ya, my ex-girlfriend used to always read the last pages of any book first. It actually pissed me off, we argued about it (I'm a more tolerant person now). I just don't understand that concept at all. It's the same as people who use a walkthrough guide all the way through a game or turn all godmode-esque cheats on even on the first run through. Weird.

Apparently he made an Unbreakable Vow with Lucius' wife that he would carry out something that Draco couldn't if Voldemort forced him to, i.e. the murder of Dumbledore. I think that was probably from when Snape was a Death Eater, but I'm not convinced.

Another theory is whether when Dumbledore said "Severus... Please..." he may have been asking to be killed and there may have been a bit of mind infiltration going on, or he was begging for mercy.

Personally I don't see how Snape can be redeemed, he carried out the murder and no fact can change that. I'm almost certain that Harry will duel him at some point and possibly kill him.

Also, the Guardian has supposedly leaked the first couple of sentences of Book Seven.

'Chapter One. The Dark Lord Ascending. The two men appeared out of nowhere, a few yards apart in the narrow, moonlit lane. For a second they stood quite still, wands pointing at each other's chests: then, recognising each other, they stowed their wands beneath their cloaks and set off, side by side, in the same direction.

"News?", asked the taller of the two.

"The best," replied Snape.'

Anyone ordered from Amazon?

Says they're preparing my order now and it can't be changed.Bit of a suprise.

Me. :) Will we get it a day early or anything?

i908238_potterbooks.jpg

Well it seems that the books are allready being sent out. This pic was taken at a libary, and the reason the top box is open is due to the libarians being allowed to catalogue the books. Tesco have apparently started to recive their stock too. I hope there are no leaks and spoiler news in the media over the next five days...

Tesco have apparently started to recive their stock too.

I fill books at the Tesco I work at and we've got a brochure for the next week regarding Harry Potter. We definitely haven't got any yet. According to the brochure, we're not getting any books until Friday, and that goes for every Tesco. It tells you allsorts actually, like how many books each Tesco is allocated for the launch. My store's (Stalybridge) getting 1204, but the Extra stores are getting about 3500 and the Expresses are just getting 32.

Also, we don't know the definitive price for it until Friday, when head office decides. I'm guessing it'll be around the £8 mark.

If anybody's interested in how many their Tesco store's getting, you can PM me and I'll find out for you. :heh:

I'm glad I ordered it from Amazon and aren't going to a launch party. People go to those then just skip to the last few pages to find out what happens and who gets killed off. It was really harsh last year when the Americans were running round launch parties screaming

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!

Guest Stefkov

I guess my mum will walk into a shop and buy it with no hassle.

She's bought all the books, but I've got them all on my shelf.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!