N-Europe

Mickey Mouse DIES!!!

KKOB

Guest Jordan

Only in the Middle East.

I think i actually saw this once, my dad gets Arabic and Middle Eastern TV via Satelite. Its mostly awful, but this was damn funny.

Well, it's not funny at all.

In April 2007 Hamas enlisted a Mickey Mouse lookalike on a children's program called Tomorrow's Pioneers which propagates their brand of fundamentalist Islam to children. The character, named "Farfour" and host Saraa teach children to seek Islamic leadership of the world and invite them to recite violent songs and poems about resistance.

Criticism has come from many quarters. Mark Regev, Foreign Ministry spokesman was outraged that "children are taught that killing Jews is a good thing," while Basem Abu Sumaya, head of the Palestinian Broadcasting Corp., responded "I don't think it's professional or even humane to use children in such harsh political programs.

On May 9, at the request of the Palestinian Information Ministry, Hamas suspended the program. Information minister Mustafa Barghouti said it was wrong to direct political messages at children and that "Any media outlet that breaks Palestinian broadcasting law will be penalized by the Information Ministry. But according to the British Daily Telegraph, a spokesman for the station, which is owned and run by Hamas, later announced that the program would continue and that to remove it would be a political surrender to Israel. “

Bloody hell, how can they possibly think this is a good way to educate children? No wonder some of them end up so screwed up.

This show - which isn't new and has been officially denounced by the Palestinian government - broadcasts to children who live in the Gaza strip.

So I'm certain most of the children who watch this show have already been "screwed" over by Israel, and their own civil conflicts.

And for your information, it's not broadcast on a terrestrial network, it airs on a militant-funded network. The parents who tune their TVs to receive this channel are mostly militants themselves.

That doesn't make it any better (I personally find this disgusting), but I would do some research on what the Israeli zealots feed their soldiers.

This show - which isn't new and has been officially denounced by the Palestinian government - broadcasts to children who live in the Gaza strip.

So I'm certain most of the children who watch this show have already been "screwed" over by Israel, and their own civil conflicts.

And for your information, it's not broadcast on a terrestrial network, it airs on a militant-funded network. The parents who tune their TVs to receive this channel are mostly militants themselves.

That doesn't make it any better (I personally find this disgusting), but I would do some research on what the Israeli zealots feed their soldiers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Israel is any better. The fanatics on both sides are as fucked up as each other.

I read about this in Saturdays paper. I laughed. Its funny how these people (and by "these people" I mean racist close minded people) demand to be taken seriously, and demand respect from the world yet they act worse than animals. I say if you act like a brainless animal, then you should be treated like one.:heh: : peace:

To be honest I don't think the kids watching it will think "hmm.. Micky mouse is a terrorist. I HATE AMERICA!" straight away. I don't think we should take offence, either. Take it on the other cheek, look on the bright side, etc. Let's not get jacked up on fear and lead by example :)

LOLZ I unno.