NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

The 2007 Summer Job Hunt

Pissed off because I can't get a job anywhere. My last resort is Tesco's, I'll give the application form in at the weekend.

Pissed off because I can't get a job anywhere. My last resort is Tesco's, I'll give the application form in at the weekend.

Tescos shouldnt really be any resort at all. Their "waiting for a job list" is longer than the Great wall of China these days...

Tescos shouldnt really be any resort at all. Their "waiting for a job list" is longer than the Great wall of China these days...

Daniel Timothy worked there on his Work Experince, he didn't like it but Every Little helps I suppose

Daniel Timothy worked there on his Work Experince, he didn't like it but Every Little helps I suppose

Did he get paid?

Not the Aldershot branch.

What I mean was it's my last port of call. I've tried every other place and Tesco's is the last one - luckily it's a little way out of the city center so hopefully it'll deter other people.

They had checkout jobs available when I asked the other day.

Some sly advertsing slipped in their lol

babooo: call centre's are okay, not too bad if you remember to switch your brain off before you begin work everyday. repetitive work but they usually pay well. i wouldn't advise it being a permanent thing really, i couldn't do for longer than about 3 months i reckon. good luck with the interview anyway.

Jesus Christ...

I fucking loved it, and I made about £200 from bag packing, what are you on about Shimmin? :S

hmm, I'm more into finding a job for like the rest of my life rather than just this summer. Really need to find something to do.

babooo: call centre's are okay, not too bad if you remember to switch your brain off before you begin work everyday. repetitive work but they usually pay well. i wouldn't advise it being a permanent thing really, i couldn't do for longer than about 3 months i reckon. good luck with the interview anyway.

Thanks for that mate!!:smile:

I was thinking maybe only doing it for a year maximum.

I'm currently working at Pizza Hut, and wouldn't mind a job in webdesign.

I'm just wandering, but what did you do to get the job, and what did you need to know?

HTML and CSS are a must. php is pretty much optional but is handy if someone wants certain things on there site. Good knowlage of current web trends etc. Photoshop. Thats all you need really. I do use dreamweaver but I learnt the languages first, just because sometimes dreamweaver hates me.

I got the jobs through word of mouth, basicly network, network, network. or try and get a job as a jonior designer somewhere.

(Sorry for the terrible spelling.)

anyone get anywhere yet?

Well I have my interview on Monday, but who knows how long I'll have to wait afterwards until I get some form of result.

anyone get anywhere yet?

Sainsburys have said they will ring me and that i'm in the next batch of interviews when they need me.

So now i play the waiting game.

Bloody hell guys, I've got 3 interviews to go to tomorrow!!! Its gonna be a long day tomorrow.....1st interview is at 10am for a call centre in Charing cross. Next up is an interview at Sportsworld in Kingston at 2pm and then finally the last interview is in Embankment for the position of a waiter at the Savoy hotel which begins at 4:15pm.

whew.......wish me luck.

Bloody hell guys, I've got 3 interviews to go to tomorrow!!! Its gonna be a long day tomorrow.....1st interview is at 10am for a call centre in Charing cross. Next up is an interview at Sportsworld in Kingston at 2pm and then finally the last interview is in Embankment for the position of a waiter at the Savoy hotel which begins at 4:15pm.

whew.......wish me luck.

GOOD LUCK!!! :bouncy:

I feel that in another sense Hobmon. There is a pub nearby which may need people... But the thought of being subservient to some little shits from the old school... Urgh.

Hopefully the pub I'm applying to [which is about a 10-15 ride away] has no one I recognize.

I got offered a job at KFC over the summer and turned it down on the spot. The prospect of working there, would A. Put me off my favourite takeaway and B. make me sick.

I've never eaten their and never will. Not after seeing the pictures of 20 chickens at a time crammed into a tiny cage being tube fed and having to live, of you can call it living, in their own fecies with the only light coming from lamps.

(sorry, but I really hate any kind of animal cruelty)

whew.......wish me luck.

Wow, that's awesome. Good luck, man. :)

I'm looking for a new job, currently with Shell working in logistics in their Marine department, been here 14 months now... decent enough job, but they're outsourcing to Manilla next year and my contract with them only runs until March '08, so I think I'll start to look for a new job now...

...not sure what to go for though! Hmmm...

Sign in to follow this