N-Europe

CPU Benchmark Competition (Windows Users)

Mr_Odwin

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The card itself isn't the problem, it's the crappy reference cooler. Fit a decent aftermarket cooler to it and it's a bloody good card! But with a decent aftermarket cooler costing anywhere between £15 and £30 you're better off buying a GTS and getting a "free" speed boost.

Nvidia only put that cooler on the GT to show off, it's quite an achievement getting a single slot cooler on such a powerful card! Unfortunately it isn't the most practical solution...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Got that CPU a few days ago:

cpumark.jpg

I actually expected it to perform better...

Where'd you get that?!

I'm so frustrated right now that Intel have been screwing us around both with the Yorkfield processors and the X48-based motherboards. I should've had my hands on them last week...

I just redid the test and got similar if not the same results with absolutely nothing running, the first time I had sidebar running but I closed it down.

I'm downloading at the moment but in a few hours I'll do it again and see.

Nice...hopefully that means I should get it next week. Won't mean a thing if the X48s don't turn up. Argh.

Have you tried OCing it yet? I'm *planning* to run at 3.4 or 3.6GHz (425/450FSB) depending on how far it'll go on stock volts. That's pretty much equivalent to 3.8/4GHz on a Q6600 so I hear. Hopefully it'll play nice and not have degradation issues like the Wolfdales (although I hear that they haven't actually been degrading. Or something).

No I didn't really try OCing yet, although my Mainboard (Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS5) would make it incredibly easy. It comes with programs that let you change the voltage and FSB in Windows.

I tried it out and overclocked 5% and it actually worked, the program did everything for me, but you can do it yourself as well. But I kept it for only a minute or so because at the moment I let the MB control my fans but it's reading wrong CPU temperatures so I think the fans wouldn't cool enough if I'd overclock. Gotta wait for a BIOS update :)

No I didn't really try OCing yet, although my Mainboard (Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS5) would make it incredibly easy. It comes with programs that let you change the voltage and FSB in Windows.

I tried it out and overclocked 5% and it actually worked, the program did everything for me, but you can do it yourself as well. But I kept it for only a minute or so because at the moment I let the MB control my fans but it's reading wrong CPU temperatures so I think the fans wouldn't cool enough if I'd overclock. Gotta wait for a BIOS update :)

Can't you just download Speedfan? It's a pretty useful tool. I don't usually like motherboard-bundled software, it's usually a liability. Especially the Asus stuff. Not sure about Gigabyte though. I can't wait til I get mine though...I'm still on a single core Athlon 64 so it's going to be a massive jump :D

It seems we have a tie.

bench_3_0.jpg

E6750 Overclocked to 3.0GHZ

Started to go downhill after that, so i won't push it any further.

EDIT: Temps staying pretty normal, I wasn't sure if this speed would be sustainable =)

I'm not on the leaderboard? :(

Do I only get one entry or something, my first one sucked ass.:blank: