N-Europe

Bioshock

KKOB

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...I stand with H-o-T on this one: It looks like a good game, but I can't see what the fuss is about. All the plasmids seem a little irritating. I predict a lot of pressing the "next weapon" and "next plasmid" buttons...

For me, the jury is still out.

Hmm...I stand with H-o-T on this one: It looks like a good game, but I can't see what the fuss is about. All the plasmids seem a little irritating. I predict a lot of pressing the "next weapon" and "next plasmid" buttons...

For me, the jury is still out.

YEY! I have a friend!

I got this months OXM but I still havent read the review. Having looked at all the pretty pictures though this games does at least look great, it has a very weird art style.

YEY! I have a friend!

I got this months OXM but I still havent read the review. Having looked at all the pretty pictures though this games does at least look great, it has a very weird art style.

It's art style is like gothic-y art deco that's been left to rot and mutate for 50 years.

FUCKING LOVE IT!!!

Gameplay looks awesome as well. Anyone who says it's 'just a shooter' is talking out of their arse. Watch the gameplay vids on gametrailers. Plus resources are fairly limited, meaning you actually have to use your brain unlike say Halo or Gears, where it's a shooting gallery.

Guest Stefkov

I'm not really looking forward to it as much as other games but something new that passes the time is always nice.

I can't decide if I want to buy this game or just get it as part of my LoveFilm rental thing...I mean it has no multiplayer, but from what I've heard it's one of those games which you can play through more than once? Also, the faceplate on Play.com is rather sexy, which sweetens the deal a bit.

On the other hand, I could not buy it, and use the money to get another game that comes out once my LoveFilm trial is over, or towards my TV. God damnit.

Do you guys think it would be worth buying this rather than renting, or will I be able to get the max from this with just a rental?

Guest Stefkov
man i hate it when people correct spelling on this forum :nono:

If you can't tell the difference between your and you're then it makes you wonder how they got/will get through school and then through later life.

How long do people think the game will be?

I'm hoping for 15 hours ish, really like the free form nature of it so i won't get bored :D

I'm hoping for a long story. About 15 hours, maybe 20 would be nice.

I'm hoping for a long story. About 15 hours, maybe 20 would be nice.

I'm not expecting any real 'story' as such. I'd like it if it lead you through the game, but left a lot of the story to be discovered in game, like through posters, and films and such.

I'm not expecting any real 'story' as such. I'd like it if it lead you through the game, but left a lot of the story to be discovered in game, like through posters, and films and such.

Thats how it works apparently. Voice logs and stuff too. Creepy.

I bought PCGamer purely to read the review. What a nerd. Top 100 PC Games was cool though.

Shall I scan the review up properly or what?

Nah, we got the jist of it last time. As I recall:

As a gaming journalist I live for those moments when you just can't believe what I'm seeing, what I'm doing. Bioshock has five.

95%

Alternatively: A barren, joyless gaming life.

Let them buy the mag. It's a good mag.

Thats how it works apparently. Voice logs and stuff too. Creepy.

I bought PCGamer purely to read the review. What a nerd. Top 100 PC Games was cool though.

Shall I scan the review up properly or what?

Please do! No chance in hell of me buying it since i own a mac :D

Now that's just immature...

I'm not going to buy a magazine which is of no use to me bar for a review for a multiplatform game. £6 is better spent on a foot long subway in my case.

I did used to buy the magazine up until about a year ago, when PC games started to bore me a bit. PC Zone- never really found it interesting and PC Gamer is definitely the best PC games mag out there.

Well, I got the mag the day after I made that post, and I've read that review (only about 5 times now. :heh:) It's deffo got me even more hyped for this game. I was amazed to read that the game ran on max settings with an Athlon X2 5200 and an entry level GeForce 8. I'll deffo be playing Bioshock at it's best then! :grin:

The next few months of PC gaming are going to be fantastic!