N-Europe

Sega: "Wii Will Look Dated Soon"

Dante

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not strictly true. Puyo Pop Fever was a decent puzzle game and I certainly wouldn't say no to a Phantasy Star game on the Wii.

OK that just proves it they are rubbish.

sonic adventure? bah. They havent made a good game cine the original nights.(least im sure it was them)

But i hear billy hatcher wasn't bad.

No, no, no... F-Zero GX was a good looking game no matter your speed. The game really pushed the hardware to the limits.

One of the greatest games of all time.

It's a shame people were too stupid to appreciate it.

One of the greatest games of all time.

It's a shame people were too stupid to appreciate it.

Despite having more content, amazing graphics, custom garage etc...

It wasn't as fun as F-Zero X IMO, and I also prefered the levels on F-Zero X.

F-Zero X, one of the greatest games of all time!

Despite having more content, amazing graphics, custom garage etc...

It wasn't as fun as F-Zero X IMO, and I also prefered the levels on F-Zero X.

F-Zero X, one of the greatest games of all time!

Agreed on all counts!

GX was a looker and challenging as hell, but the tracks weren't as good for me. Oh, and the music in F-Zero X was in a different league.

I prefer GX, the levels were much more interesting those old school F-Zero tracks with little circles on the side and whatnot don't do it anymore for me, but F-Zero X is awesome nonetheless.

Level style is quite similar in X and GX...

Anyway, F-Zero GX gets it easy with graphics because the low-poly vehicles suit the style of the game.

The graphics aren't much, hardware wise, they were just made fantastically.

Level style is quite similar in X and GX...

Anyway, F-Zero GX gets it easy with graphics because the low-poly vehicles suit the style of the game.

The graphics aren't much, hardware wise, they were just made fantastically.

The tracks are totally different in X and GX. Also the graphics push the hardware a lot 30 cars, bumping at each other at high speeds with very detailed and huge tracks isn't exactly easy on the hardware.

What are AM1 and AM2 up to these days?

AM2 has recently done Ghost Squad, Outrun Coast2Coast, Virtua Fighter 5, and Virtua Tennis 3. They are currently working on Ghost Squad's Wii Port. AM2 is probably Sega's only studio that is still in top-form after re-structuring that happened in 2004.

I can truly see where Sega are coming from, and if I was still very serious about my games, I would no doubt be considering an Xbox 360 as "insurance" to secure myself a fun gaming generation.

However there's also the possibility that there's more potential to be unlocked for the Wii. Remember, the Gamecube's best looking game, RE4, came in it's last year.