N-Europe

Vista Thread

Guest Jordan

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Ayone tell me how I can set Vista onto wide screen, Having alot of trouble with it. Currently it's a at a 1360 x 768. But it still isn't wide enough and isn't giving me the option to go wider.

Help?

Just saw the other (locked) thread.

Does your TV support more than 1360 x 768?

Can Ayone tell me how I can set Vista onto wide screen, Having alot of trouble with it. Currently it's a at a 1360 x 768. But it still isn't wide enough and isn't giving me the option to go wider.

Help?

All I had to do was install my card's drivers. It went widescreen automatically.

Just saw the other (locked) thread.

Does your TV support more than 1360 x 768?

1365x768 Is the reccomended resolution, But Vista won't go that far.

Just going through Driver options now.

Cheers for the advice...

PS....How does Vista itself go HD....

What do you mean by that?

I mean Vista's video output is on my HDTV how do I make it HDTV and make it fully Widescreen.

As for the driver they are installed...Still Nothing

Shall I disable the nVIDIA Driver...I know you can get Vista working full screen and in HD mode...but it's taking the piss now

I mean Vista's video output is on my HDTV how do I make it HDTV and make it fully Widescreen.

As for the driver they are installed...Still Nothing

What are you connecting it via? If it's the same cable as a PC monitor, than it should work exactly like a monitor.

Mine does, at a resolution of 1440x900.

What are you connecting it via? If it's the same cable as a PC monitor, than it should work exactly like a monitor.

Mine does, at a resolution of 1440x900.

Yeah the connection is exactly like a monitor, but the resolution is very low 1360 x 768. It has 2" to 3" Black Strpes either side, and the image is pretty fuzzy.

It's a direct connection from PC to HDTV

32" Technosonic the HD works I know this because of my 360, but I can't understand why the PC hasn't taken full use of the TV

It's resolution is probably 1366 x 768 (common for a HDTV, 1080 is usually a lie - it accepts that as an input, but doesn't actually display it).

So, the only problem is the borders, you can't do anything about the low resolution. No idea on solving the border problem, sorry.

It's resolution is probably 1366 x 768 (common for a HDTV, 1080 is usually a lie - it accepts that as an input, but doesn't actually display it).

So, the only problem is the borders, you can't do anything about the low resolution. No idea on solving the border problem, sorry.

*cries* cheers for your help anyway Cube Appreciated :)

*cries* cheers for your help anyway Cube Appreciated :)

My Step Dad was kinda annoyed when I told him that the one he bought a few years ago (2 and a half grand) only had a resolution of 1366 x 768, not the full 1080.

Guest Stefkov

Upgrading to Vista was the easiest upgrade I've done. Saving all my files to my external HDD, which most of em were anyway, I did it a second time to make sure.

Then sticking in the CD and doing it.

Didn't take long at all, nor was there any hassle.

Lol I just did an upgrade to vista for my living room media PC,

1) CD in

2) leave it to install

3) come backt to a new windows

It makes a folder in C: called "old.windows" all your old files are there.

After that is just a copy paste to your new location on your pc THEN just delete "old.windows" and it's as new.

No problems to be found. At ALL.