N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three things that make an epic Sunday

1. Arsenal won, and we won in style. 10 men, and we were strolling, shame to see Pompey give up because I think highly of them. Not even shit Sunday trains could hamper my joy of todays game.

2. Villa beating Chelsea, that result will do us nicely. Cheers boys.

3. KFC for dinner, haven't had some finger licking good chicken in ages. ;)

TOP OF THE LEAGUE! :D

The Kop was boss yesterday, cracking atmosphere. Stood for most of the game, got to sing a good selection of songs, old and new. Even learnt a few new ones. I normally end up in the Anny Road so it was a nice change to be in amongst a bit of atmosphere. And we produced a 6-0 bollocking. Quality stuff. :D

With all these bizarre results and Manu Utd's slow start it could make for a very tight and very interesting season. There's still a very long way to go, but I'd love to see a big four way clash for the the title, it'd certainly make more interesting casual viewing than the 2 horse race we've seen the past few seasons.

I think it's crucial to remember that Liverpool have picked up Maximum points at a place where their rivals lost ground.

I think a win at Pompey will perhaps open a few more eyes to what Liverpool Can do...

If only that cheating bastard of a ref v Chelsea had a good game and we would be on Maximum points...

Bah!

I've got a good feeling for Liverpool this seasons; Torres has shitloads of pace and is really confident on the ball, and if their wingers continue to play like they did yesterday they're in for a cracking season.

Nice to have Saha back. Felt we had something extra upfront because someone was willing to stay back with their defenders, seeing as Tevez usually holds back.

It was bloody fantastic yesterday, I didn't think we were going to win.

After the match we went out to celebrate, got a bit pissed. Not too much, mind.

I think Zat Knight will become a fan favourite. Even if he doesn't play as well as he did yesterday, we'll still like him because he is one of us. :grin:

I'm sick of all this rejoicing by Liverpool fans, it's been what 4 or 5 games so far and you're talking about it like you've won the league. There's a long way to go yet and it's gonna get a lot tougher.

Yeah they've haven't been knocked out of both domestic cups by us yet..

Oops that was last season. :P

Top of the league with a game in hand on everyone except Arsenal (who haven't played anyone proper yet), best goal difference, most goals scored, least goals conceded (and they were both dodgy penalties). And all this with our best players not even in the team.

I'll celebrate all I want, thanks.

Top of the league with a game in hand on everyone except Arsenal (who haven't played anyone proper yet), best goal difference, most goals scored, least goals conceded (and they were both dodgy penalties). And all this with our best players not even in the team.

I'll celebrate all I want, thanks.

We have played someone proper. Pompey are a strong team with plenty of experienced players who I would consider "proper", we have beaten Man City, who had the best start to the season out of any team (until the last couple of games), and we got a draw away to Blackburn, which is an improvement on what we would have done last year. The only reason you have such a good goal difference is becuase you have played Derby. Arsenal haven't really conceded a normal goal yet either, 2 mistakes from Lehmann and a lucky Kanu backheel is all we've conceded. Don't get too cocky.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!