Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

I Don't Give a shit

Crouch has been awesome, answered the critics for many a year now, with stunning displays and what not. Just ignorant people like yourself can't see what this boy has in his locker

Rooney is a class player no doubt, but for what Crouch has done and achieved it has been much more than what Rooney has done and he has performed better than him many a time

Rooney has done FUCK ALL to warrant his huge price...

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Igor Biscan actually was a good signing

but you can't argue with ignorance and a person whose Sole Education on that player has been through press clippings in your local rag...

Rooney is meant to be better than Crouch, but I just don't see what he's done that's stood out...

Certainly not enough to warrant £30 Million +

Odd Good Performance?, It's very arguable that Crouch has been one of Liverpool's most consistantly good performer for a few months now...

For me I think its hard to compare Crouch and Rooney anyway. Crouch doesnt get nearly as many starts for Liverpool as he should so doesnt get the chances to put away goals.

Personally I would rate Crouch higher in Internationals than Rooney going on what ive seen from both of them. The same as I cant stand Lampard in internationals, I dont think some players transfer well over to them.

Clive Clarke of Leicester City collapsed in the dressing room at half-time in the match v Forest. The kick off for the 2nd half has been delayed by at least 15 minutes.

The report I was told said the team talk took place on the pitch and the Leicester players look shell-shocked.

Hope it's not too bad... especially after what's happened in the last week.

Clive Clarke of Leicester City collapsed in the dressing room at half-time in the match v Forest. The kick off for the 2nd half has been delayed by at least 15 minutes.

The report I was told said the team talk took place on the pitch and the Leicester players look shell-shocked.

Hope it's not too bad... especially after what's happened in the last week.

Looks like the match has now been postponed. Hopefully Clarke is ok.

I agree that Crouch has been a better player than Rooney for the last year or so, especially for England and in the Champs League for Liverpool. What I don't understand is why Benitez doesn't play him more in the premiership and rotates his strikers so much! Rooney hasn't done much lately to be honest. He scores the occasional goood goal, sometimes spectacular goals, which gets him praise and love from the media, but then doesn't really continue it, imo. His record for England is poor, seeing he is meant to be our No. 1 striker.

Really good performance from the Pool tonight, and a really comfortable win - just as it should have been. Everyone seemed to play well, the only pity seemed to be that Leto faded out of it but he seemed good! And Leiva slotted nicely into midfield too. We look to have genuinely deep squad that has some true talent in it once you get past the main eleven!

And one more thing: Sissoko (Momo, not the Toulouse one) played really well. Maybe the best I've seen from him as he was actually making better passes than he usually does and getting nicely involved in the play. It was like you could see the confidence coursing through him as a result of the goal he scored on Saturday!

Very Excited about the two lads Rafa brought in

Leto and Lucas Leiva, the later who has started for Brazil's 1st Team Once, however it wasn't registered with FIFA yet it gives you an indication of where the boy is at.

I just can't believe the strength in depth we have, I mean press clipps say we put out a weakened team, how can a weakend team consist of 2 International Strikers, Argubaly one of the best up-coming CM's in the world in Mascherano + Sissoko.

Benayoun

Arbeloa

Hyypia

It really is a joy to see

Very Excited about the two lads Rafa brought in

Leto and Lucas Leiva, the later who has started for Brazil's 1st Team Once, however it wasn't registered with FIFA yet it gives you an indication of where the boy is at.

I just can't believe the strength in depth we have, I mean press clipps say we put out a weakened team, how can a weakend team consist of 2 International Strikers, Argubaly one of the best up-coming CM's in the world in Mascherano + Sissoko.

Benayoun

Arbeloa

Hyypia

It really is a joy to see

Well mate, you did spend over £40 million on your squad over the summer so that strength in depth shouldn't be a surprise to you. When ITV showed your bench last night I was shocked at the quality you had sitting on it.

As a gooner, I am a little green eyed as Wenger is hardly the spendthrift. :heh:

He never needed to spend before, so I'll stand by his judgement. :)

I have no other option then to believe in Wenger as well mate.....its just that our squad really does look thin, especially when the injuries start to mount.

When we were having a shit season last season, he bought Theo, Ade and Diaby in the January transfer window. If he cocks up again, I don't think fans will be as forgiving.

I have no other option then to believe in Wenger as well mate.....its just that our squad really does look thin, especially when the injuries start to mount.

When we were having a shit season last season, he bought Theo, Ade and Diaby in the January transfer window. If he cocks up again, I don't think fans will be as forgiving.

Wenger's judgement of when to buy and sell players has always been spot on.

Selling Anelka for £26m - he's hardly done much since then.

Selling Viera - again, hasn't done much

Henry - time will tell, but his last season at Arsenal wasn't as good as the others.

Diaby looks like he's going to be a great player in a few years time, Walcott could also be a class act in a few years time.

We have suposadly made a bid for Jermaine Easter, would love to sign him. Although if we get a bid accepted I suspect bigger clubs in the Championship will be in for him.

Edit: Sunderland have signed Kenwyne Jones for 6 million. I have only one thing to say about that:

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn has hit out at his Premiership counterparts who have inflated the transfer market.

Quinn singled out West Ham and Portsmouth as the chief culprits.

He said: "There's six or seven new owners who are spending money, but are they getting the type of player that the top four want? I don't think so.

"If I was going to spend a fortune on breaking the bank, I would be going after the players Liverpool or Manchester United wanted to sign."

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!