Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was one of the Barnsley players doing a John Cena? :confused:

LOL.

Anyway, disappointed with the result tonight. Getting beat 4 nil by the mancs is never good but I'd rather lose this game and win the title tbh. I think alot of Gunners would agree with me on that one.

Guest Stefkov

Well done Barnsley. Only saw the goal before the United match, not as spectacular as my dad made it out to be.

Good result for United. Fletcher....jeez. He really wants a place in the main team, he deserves it aswell if he plays like that all the time. Getting stuck in everywhere, his yellow card you could see coming a mile off. The amount of challenges.

I love Park only for the fact that he runs his arse off but ends up on his arse most of the time. He gets outmuscled a lot and its funny to see.

LOL.

Anyway, disappointed with the result tonight. Getting beat 4 nil by the mancs is never good but I'd rather lose this game and win the title tbh. I think alot of Gunners would agree with me on that one.

Im over it already:)

Why was one of the Barnsley players doing a John Cena? :confused:

barnsleyplayertv0.png

johncenasd7.jpg

Was wondering the same thing. But tbh If I'd just scored the winner at anfield I'd be doing the fucking running man/moonwalk and the robot.:yay:

im sat with a can of beer in my hand, my laptop, well on my lap, in front of the tv, waiting for match of the day.

Fair Enough Mate. Enjoy the day to the max I say: peace:

MU game was awesome, I love supporting them. Past couple of weeks were annoying but today has made up for that. Are we going to see a repeat of last years final?

As for Barnsley... Yesss!

That sounds like such a glory hunter thing to say....no offence.

Yeah well, I supported them since I was in year 2 and haven't changed back since. If that's any consolation. I know that did sound glory supporterish, but when you pay loads to see them play, buy the shirts and go out of your way to find results and places to watch, then I think its almost acceptable. I cant help liking MU can I?

I also support my local team and play football myself, but everyone has a prem side they go to watch.

I also think that being a player myself should be respected just as much as the local chubby fans.

Yeah well, I supported them since I was in year 2 and haven't changed back since. If that's any consolation. I know that did sound glory supporterish, but when you pay loads to see them play, buy the shirts and go out of your way to find results and places to watch, then I think its almost acceptable. I cant help liking MU can I?

I also support my local team and play football myself, but everyone has a prem side they go to watch.

I also think that being a player myself should be respected just as much as the local chubby fans.

Mate no need to justify yourself. Its just that when I first read your post, it sounded extremely glory hunter-ish. Just my initial reaction. Thats all.

Enjoy the victory, but we shall have the last laugh when we win the title! OOOOOHAHA!!!

Yeah yeah, so you're a true gooner then? Its easy when you live in such a place where there is a big club. Id be an Arsenal fan if I'd been brought up there, and then Id be of the opinion that everyone should be a local supporter. Circumstances change opinion.

It's common knowledge that due to Man Utd's dominance in the Premier League during the 90s co-insiding with Sky TV, they have the largest following of glory hunters.

Never had Sky, but I loved being one of the few footie nuts that mostly only saw the goals on MOTD. People who havent experienced the anticipation for the programme before cant be fans lol!

Guest Stefkov
It's common knowledge that due to Man Utd's dominance in the Premier League during the 90s co-insiding with Sky TV, they have the largest following of glory hunters.

That's fine then.

I just thought you were implying something about the supporters on here.

;)

We were crap at Bristol and my pompey supporting mate has reminded me all day of this. Bring in Alan Shearer ASAP, might sound like a crazy suggestion but Burley has left us in the dumps and he has the ambition to take us somewhere, even if it is just a stepping stone to Newcastle. Never forget what he did for us all them years ago and would love to see him back on the south coast.

After seeing Liverpool get beat 2-1 by Barnsley it really makes you wish Ant Shimmin was still on here... ah the mocking would have been wonderful.

Think he was under the Sheikh disguise, I checked back a page and all the posts saying DIC and Mourinho have gone.

Thing is when I first started school it was Liverpool the Glory hunters were supporting.

And now it's probably Chelski.

Ah glory hunters. My cousin supports Arsenal and I thought he would have been a glory hunter but he still supports them after a good 3/4 years of being into football so thankfully not. I don't keep up with football as much as I would like now, used to have a season ticket back for 3 and a half years back in the day. Oh and being a Newcastle supporter, I don't think anyone could call me a glory hunter XD

Ah glory hunters. My cousin supports Arsenal and I thought he would have been a glory hunter but he still supports them after a good 3/4 years of being into football so thankfully not.

Surely it's the reason he chose them in the first place that makes him a glory hunter, not the length of time he sticks with them? (Although if he still supported them after they were relegated or whatever it would score him some points but stickign with a team you chose because they were successful a few years later when they're still top of the league is hardly comendable.)

haha bring on chelsea! we can knock them out with our home record, oakwell is a fortress. come on!!!

here is the draw in full:

Full draw for FA Cup quarter-finals:

Sheffield United or Middlesbrough v Cardiff City

Manchester United v Portsmouth

Bristol Rovers v West Brom

Barnsley v Chelsea

Matches to be played on the weekend of 8 and 9 March.