McAllister G 5/2 Bassett D 16/1 Speed G 33/1

McLaren S 6/1 Allen M 16/1 Shearer A 33/1

Sheridan J 7/1 Johnson Gary 20/1 O'Driscoll S 33/1

Adams M 7/1 Ritchie A 25/1 Martinez R 33/1

Coleman C 8/1 McGhee M 25/1 Strachan G 40/1

Davies B 8/1 Allardyce S 25/1 Thompson Alan 50/1

Ince P 8/1 O'Leary D 33/1 Poyet G 50/1

Royle J 14/1

It all went downhill when Poyet left really. You're the only Leeds fan i've seen thats not glad Wise has gone. although with Steve McClaren as 2nd favourite thats enough to depress anybody I guess.

I was one Leeds fan who didnt like his appointment in the first place, but now, after wht he has managed to do for the club, I don't see how he couldn't have stayed on till at least the end of the season.

He is not my first choice to be Leeds manager by a long shot, but while he was here he showed himself to be a good one and although that's probably why Newcastle wanted him, I think it's rather poor form on his side to leave us now.

Would have to agree with you though, since Poyet left we're not the same team mentally.

I don't get the confusion about Wise possibily going as Director of Football...You would think an older man in that job would work better. Someone with experience...Although perhaps Keegan doesnt know as much as he used to know about what players are out there, as he has been out of footie for awhile now, so thought a younger man who has been around the lower leagues may help with young talent signings...

I don't get the confusion about Wise possibily going as Director of Football...You would think an older man in that job would work better. Someone with experience...Although perhaps Keegan doesnt know as much as he used to know about what players are out there, as he has been out of footie for awhile now, so thought a younger man who has been around the lower leagues may help with young talent signings...

Well looks like I was pretty close...

Newcastle United have confirmed Dennis Wise's role at St James' Park will be that of executive director.

Wise quit Leeds United on Monday to take up a new position with Newcastle and the club have now confirmed his title.

Newcastle have confirmed Wise alongside two further additions to their management structure.

Tony Jimenez has been confirmed as vice-president - but he will play a major part in player recruitment along with new technical co-ordinator Jeff Vetere.

Chairman Chris Mort has insisted that manager Kevin Keegan was fully aware of the new appointments - after reports suggested he was shocked by the move for Wise.

Vision

"This is all part of the vision that recently helped us to secure Kevin Keegan's return to the club as manager," said Mort.

"Two of the conclusions of our strategic review, since acquiring the club, were that the club would benefit from having a football person involved at board level, which it has not had historically, and that further senior resources are needed for recruiting players of the highest quality from this country and further afield.

"Dennis would like to move away from day-to-day football management to a board role and, with his considerable energy and intelligence, we believe he will do very well in this new position.

"With Kevin able to devote his efforts to developing and running the first-team squad, Dennis, Tony and Jeff will each help us to secure success for Newcastle United football club at all levels and for the long-term. One or two further key appointments will follow in the months ahead."

Skysports.com

Does seem odd for a younger man...how do leeds fans feel about Mcallister.

That's not been confirmed yet. We've agreed a fee with Villa, but apparently Sunderland have match our offer. Bit expensive in my opinion, but since we sold Anelka, other clubs know that we have money to spend

Also another example of british youngsters being rip offs.

super, super jon, super, super jon, super, super jon, super jonny macken!

whey! poor game in all fairness but we probably just edged it, nice to get another three points on the board.

good luck noodleman and colchester for the rest of the reason, hope you pull through, im a little bit fond of colchester so i hope you stay up.

Does seem odd for a younger man...how do leeds fans feel about Mcallister.

Great news to see a true Leeds man back at ER - but I'll be honest - I'm not too stoked on seeing such an inexperienced manager take the reigns. I hope he manages to bring in someone with some experience at managing for his number 2.

I was shocked to see Wise leave for a directoral role, glad to see Bassett leave and I laughed at Bates on Yorkshire Radio - "You woudn't believe how many current Football League managers applied for the Leeds job, but don't worry, the respective Chairmens' sordid secrets are safe with me!"

We had a devastating loss to Southend tonight - leaving us 6th having played 2 games more than most ahead of us. Macca could give us the much needed jump-start to a refreshed challege for automatic, but since yesterday's news of Wise leaving I'm resigned to the thought of us barely scraping the playoffs...

super, super jon, super, super jon, super, super jon, super jonny macken!

whey! poor game in all fairness but we probably just edged it, nice to get another three points on the board.

good luck noodleman and colchester for the rest of the reason, hope you pull through, im a little bit fond of colchester so i hope you stay up.

Cant see it happening sadly

Hurrah. We've made our first signing of the transfer window.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3094768,00.html

I don't know if he is actually any good, but seeing as Martin O'Neill's motives aren't there to be questioned (yet they still are), then maybe he is a decent player.

Finally a signing but like you I don't know wuch about him either

Liverpool are so fucking shit it's hilarious!!! :)

And as for Routledge - he is absolute dog shit :D What the hell is ONeil buying him for? We've had him for two years and can't even get into our (which has been at times awful) midfield! He is terrible and won't last a season before you ship him out.

^ I'm not sure you can really evaluate a player when he has only played 5 games for your club...

Anywayz, we need some more players. Mediocre or potential, we'll need them. We have the smallest squad in the League, and it needs to get bigger if we're going for Europe.

-EDIT- Gary Cahill has gone to Bolton.

We'll never forget his flippin' amazing goal against Blues in 2006.