Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

Watched the Villa-Spurs match on SS1. We were good in the first half, Mellberg's goal came from a silly cock-up by Dawson; left him unmarked.

Spurs were better in the second-half; A lot more threatening, always looked as though they would score. Equaliser clinched by Defoe, as expected.

Fed up of the match, I left and logged on here. Ended up missing Laursen's winner. Bugger! :shakehead

Still, 2-1. Winners! Fucking winners! :grin:

We are now in 6th place

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes its clearly O'Haras fault that none of the cetnerbacks picked up Laursen and left him to mark him. :indeed:

It's his fault he stood still, let the man run on and have a free header. Even if you can't match someone for height, challenging for the ball can do something to put them off.

With his none-movement face grabbing style of defending Tottenham will be champions in years to come, oops sorry, I mean in the championship in years to come.

Its really getting annoying that Liverpool arent taking their chances.

I know a lot of people are saying that we dont have enough match winners in our squad apart from Torres and Gerrard but players like Kewell, Benayoun, Babel etc should still be able to help finish off games where we arent scoring loads.

IMO, Liverpool have been out of the title race for quite some time. Their own supporters know that they are not going to win the title. Benitez said he would focus on the league but obviously he rates the CL higher. He baffles me as a manager sometimes. I mean, why play one upfront against a team like Wigan? Makes really stupid decisions sometimes.

Anyway, its a two horse race between Arsenal and United.

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!

Chelsea have to play all of rest of the "big 4" at home still, it would be stupid to write them off. Tbh I dont think Liverpool are completly out of it yet. Note im not saying they will win the league just its a bit early to count them out completly. United the favourites in my book still though.

poor game from united and villa today, plaeyers looked lazy and tiered, i think it was one game too many for villa. only reason united won was because of better depth in squad.

*gives villan thumbs up sign*

unlucky mate, good game and good atmosphear.

All I can say to Man U is "You took your time to score."

I never expect us to beat Man U in the FA Cup. Carling Cup probably, but never the FA Cup.

But at least Blues went out too, lost to Huddersfield! :laughing:

It's only right that the team with the bigger trophy cabinet go through...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article662037.ece

SNN0801GX1_682_415546a.jpg

THIS is the flashpoint moment when raging Jamie Carragher lunged at taunting fans – and offered to FIGHT them.

The Liverpool defender lost it over banter by eight Luton supporters wearing curly black wigs and yellow shellsuits like the bickering Scousers from ’90s comedy show Harry Enfield’s Television Programme.

Like the TV characters, they urged him to “calm down†as he jogged round the pitch with teammates after Sunday’s FA Cup draw at Luton’s ground.

They also hurled remarks about midfielder John Arne Riise’s ginger hair.

Ex-England player Carragher first shouted at the fans, who were in a box on the terraces, from the pitch. But then he leapt up a fence to confront them.

Carragher, 29, screamed obscenities and yelled: “Come on – let’s have it!†Security guards had to drag him away.

LOL, what a gimp :laughing:

Banter indeed :indeed:

FANS today told how yobs spat and threw beer at Liverpool star Jamie Carragher as he shook hands with a seven-year-old boy.

Disgusted supporters described how the Reds defender was subjected to a torrent of vile abuse at Luton’s Kenilworth Road on Sunday.

Jamie went over to a group of fans who asked for his autograph after the final whistle in the FA Cup clash.

But as he chatted happily to eight-year-old Hamzah Ahmed he was spat at.

Bystanders said beer was flung over Jamie and X-rated references made to his mother in a filthy tirade.

The 29-year-old jumped up on to an advertising hoarding to remonstrate with the offending supporters.

Fans from a nearby executive box were forced to jump across to confront the gang and stop them abusing the Anfield legend.

Sim Hussain, 31, from Luton, was just a few yards away.

He told the ECHO how his nephew was reduced to tears by the louts.

He said: "It was awful. He was making the kids’ day by coming over and meeting them. He was the perfect gentleman.

"They were swearing at him. The language was terrible and they were even making references to his mother.

"Even then, Jamie just told them to calm down.

"Then someone spat at him and a drink was thrown at him. We had to jump into the box so it all stopped.

"I’m from Luton and I thought what happened was disgusting. He didn’t have to come over. But he did.

"There’s banter. But that was something completely different.

"The lads who did it were aged between 18-22. We’ve been trying to call Luton FC to tell them what happened but they just put us on hold."

Eyewitnesses said the yobs also swore at Liverpool defender John Arne Riise.

But Javier Mascherano even came back over to sign autographs for more fans once the furore had died down.

Today a Liverpool FC spokesman confirmed they had already received three phone calls describing how Carragher was targeted and abused.

He said: "Clearly the behaviour of these fans was completely unacceptable."

One Anfield insider told the ECHO: "The players were warming down on the side of the pitch near the tunnel.

"There were family in the executive boxes and they were running up and down near those boxes.

"They were asked to go and sign some autographs which they did.

"But as they were jogging up and down they started to get a lot of earache from some supporters, some of which was quite nasty.

"Then somebody showered Jamie with a drink, possibly ale, which caused him to briefly react."

It is believed the abuse came from a group of Luton supporters dressed in curly black wigs.

A Luton FC spokesman today said an incident was being investigated by the club’s safety officer.

The clash ended in a 1-1 draw after a battling display from the cash-strapped Hatters.

On Liverpool FC forums Carragher received widespread support from Reds fans.

One said: "Yet again Jamie is standing up for us and showing the passion for his club and city."

Luton such a detestable place and the Sun quite possibly the worst newspaper in the world.

I cant believe Savage went to Derby for 2 million. As a Sunderland fan I would have loved to have seen him in the squad. We need a midfield general anyhoo. But Keano seems like he doesnt rate him as 2million. Only 1 million. But really, we should be getting players like him to keep us up. Derby are showing promise even though they are down. I think we are struggling to attract players to Sunderland. Maybe its Keano? Maybe it's the area? Or are we so scared of being ripped off that we wont buy anyone?! I dunno, its frustrating. Maybe Evans and Nosworthy will be as good as last year and maybe Quinton Fortune will be a decent player for us. But it's all "what if's". We should have hope not if's and buts. It's just like last summer when players would rather have gone to Portsmouth and Everton who's gates are terrible for a Premier league club.

The only hope we have is Jones and Richardson scoring more goals...

Come on Keano, get some players in!!

I dunno, I think Savage is a bit hit and miss. He's aggressive, and a fighter, but I couldn't see him fitting in with Sunderland, for some reason.

Keano will get your players. :)

The United-Villa game on Saturday was pretty dull, until Rooney came on. I think both teams looked rather tired, which is where maybe our depth of squad might come in handy when it comes to challenging for the title. Hope we can bing in a few extra players in January.

I dunno, I think Savage is a bit hit and miss. He's aggressive, and a fighter, but I couldn't see him fitting in with Sunderland, for some reason.

Keano will get your players. :)

The United-Villa game on Saturday was pretty dull, until Rooney came on. I think both teams looked rather tired, which is where maybe our depth of squad might come in handy when it comes to challenging for the title. Hope we can bing in a few extra players in January.

That Utd-Villa game was, indeed, awful. Can't believe I watched all of it.

Tbh, I don't think you need to buy anyone in January. United have definitely got the best squad in the league, both in terms of experience and quality. Thats why most people would still bet on United retaining the title, including myself - a gooner!