Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking Scotland are awesome

Can you be a glory hunter of a country?

Most of the UK managed it when England didn't qualify and instead of "Oh, I've got family from Manchester/I've always liked the way Chelsea play/my dad was born in Arsenal city centre" everyone suddenly dug out irish roots like it was St Patricks day in New York.

Just got back from Wembley. Great game, lost my voice a little with all the singing, amazing atmosphere tonight.

Heskey yet again impressed me, Winning nearly every header. Just look at the difference when Crouch come on, he is the tallest guy on the pitch but can't head the ball to save his life! Heskey please teach him.

Owen was imense with great finishing, Barry ruled the midfield and was very impressive. Only player I thought had a bad game was Ashley Cole but all in all a great performance which puts us in a very good posistion.

RIO RIO RIO!

Good performance by England. A very successful international period, maximum points, maximum effiency. Looks like Wembley is turning out a great atmostphere, regardless of what others think. I'm hoping I get an email for the Croatia game after giving up the opportunity of the other two (wanted to save pennies for Arsenal tickets).

Glad for Michael Owen, a player I've always liked, hope he starts netting them for the Geordies, though please not against us. ;)

Well played to Scotland, good win for them. Fantastic goal, can't believe France couldn't score though, you guys must have played a blinder.

Only player I thought had a bad game was Ashley Cole but all in all a great performance which puts us in a very good posistion.

That piece of crap hasn't turned out one good performance since leaving us. Glad we got rid of that scum.

Bleh The only people who moan about Wembley are a minority of northerners, the amtopshere has been v good lately...

I just hate the whole concept of everything associated to the England Footballing Team...I just watch the game creaming my pants hoping Gerrard doesn't get injured

Heskey is awesome and I have been saying it since he left Liverpool, however I'm suprised he wasn't booed when he first started.

Owen and Emile together is doing a shitload better than Owen and Rooney ever did

Thats going to be the annoying thing, McLaren always says they have to earn their places but as soon as the big name players return he just gives them their spots back without question.

Like at the World Cup, Crouch plays really well in the lead up (I know it was against smaller teams but thats not my point at the moment), big name strikers come back and Crouch is put back on the bench. Now these players may infact have been better than Crouch but they hadnt earned their spot in the squad like McLaren is always talking about.

Went to see the England game last night! AWESOME!!

Gareth Barry was great!

I hope Lampard doesn't just walk back into the team! The past two games just show how much better it works without him! Finally Gerrard is free and him and Gareth Barry seem like a perfect midfield partnership!

Heskey and Owen were superb!! they work so well together it's such a joy to watch!

Again, I really hope McLaren gives a second thought to just allowing Rooney straight back in the starting line-up because right now, there's just no need!

On Wembley, another fantastic atmosphere in the stadium just like the Isreal game! Except that this time we couldn't get the mexican wave going because the ruddy 'Club Wembley' suits in the middle were having none of it!

Was sat close to the band for this game and basically didn't stop singing for the whole game!

"There's only one Michael Owen,

One Michael Owen,

Walking along [boom boom],

Singing this song [boom boom],

Walking in an Owen wonderland"

On Wembley, another fantastic atmosphere in the stadium just like the Isreal game! Except that this time we couldn't get the mexican wave going because the ruddy 'Club Wembley' suits in the middle were having none of it!

And rightly so. Mexican waves? Fucking hell, how embarrasing!

Went to see the England game last night! AWESOME!!

Gareth Barry was great!

I hope Lampard doesn't just walk back into the team! The past two games just show how much better it works without him! Finally Gerrard is free and him and Gareth Barry seem like a perfect midfield partnership!

Heskey and Owen were superb!! they work so well together it's such a joy to watch!

Again, I really hope McLaren gives a second thought to just allowing Rooney straight back in the starting line-up because right now, there's just no need!

Was sat close to the band for this game and basically didn't stop singing for the whole game!

"There's only one Michael Owen,

One Michael Owen,

Walking along [boom boom],

Singing this song [boom boom],

Walking in an Owen wonderland"

My thoughts exactly, was a great night! My legs are aching a bit now though since we were stood up for the whole 90 minutes, oh well, at least my throat isn't as soar as I thought it would be after all that singing!

And rightly so. Mexican waves? Fucking hell, how embarrasing!

Just a little bit of fun, there was one that went round that stadium 4 times against Israel, it was more exciting than the last 15 minutes of the match!

I shall post up some pictures I got a little later (and some of the Germany and Israel games), even got a video of Owen's first goal yesterday!

Mexican Waves shouldn't be allowed in football stadiums. Can't stand them, its a sign of the crowds boredom, instead of entertaining yourself by making some stupid wave. Get vocal and get the team going by cheering them on, regardless of how boring the game is.

I can excuse mexican waves in friendlies though, where a game is not so important.

Mexican Waves shouldn't be allowed in football stadiums. Can't stand them, its a sign of the crowds boredom, instead of entertaining yourself by making some stupid wave. Get vocal and get the team going by cheering them on, regardless of how boring the game is.

I can excuse mexican waves in friendlies though, where a game is not so important.

Well when you're 3-0 up with 10mins remaining and England have settled down and are just holding the ball for the remainder of the match, I can't see what's wrong with the crowd doing a Mexican Wave to show how great they're feeling and for the teams great performance!

Lighten up!!

Well when you're 3-0 up with 10mins remaining and England have settled down and are just holding the ball for the remainder of the match, I can't see what's wrong with the crowd doing a Mexican Wave to show how great they're feeling!

Lighten up!!

When a team is 3-0 up and cruising I would find it hard not to be entertained enough to be singing my heart out and generally giving the away fans some stick. Not waving to them as if I was bored at the teams great performance.

When a team is 3-0 up and cruising I would find it hard not to be entertained enough to be singing my heart out and generally giving the away fans some stick. Not waving to them as if I was bored at the teams great performance.
Are you unable to sing your heart out and raise your arms at the same time?

I barely stopped singing throughout the entire match on Wednesday!

It doesn't mean you can't join in with the rest of the stadium and raise your arms for a second when the wave comes round!

Scotland.... Wow, just wow. I was at a pub and it seriously exploded when the goal went in. Beer went flying everywhere, smashed glasses, hugging complete strangers. Ukraine equalising with Italy got a massive cheer too.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Top of the group!!!

Paul Hartley was absolutely immense last night, don't actually know who got MotM in the end though.

Best point of the evening (other than the goal) was Fletcher going off injured, he was poor on Saturday and poor again last night. His final ball and all his set pieces (why does he even taken them?) were terrible.

What a goal it was. McFadden from 35+ yards. Screamer.

I was right by the band also. The best place to sit to get the best atmosphere although the whole ground was rocking last night even the top tier with snow on their heads were singing along. God damn we could have been sitting right near each other and never knew.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!