NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

there are a few rumours that vassell is going to be making his way to good old barnsley if man city get taken over this summer.

i know it will never happen, but i really, really wish it would. it'd be awesome and funny.

can you guys keep your liverpool/man utd 'discussions' for when you decide to speak on MSN again please?

it's a little old and boring now. : peace:

there are a few rumours that vassell is going to be making his way to good old barnsley if man city get taken over this summer.

i know it will never happen, but i really, really wish it would. it'd be awesome and funny.

Vassell scored against us a few times, I wouldn't mind seeing him out the Premiership or back at Villa so he doesn't do it again.

can you guys keep your liverpool/man utd 'discussions' for when you decide to speak on MSN again please?

it's a little old and boring now. : peace:

Have to say I agree...it happened in the last thread and its getting very zzzzzz..... Your even referring to convos on MSN, (that none of us care about...) you've had so why not just keep it there....

Man Utd won the title last year, they proved to be the most consistent team over 38 league games hence why they ended up with more points... end of story!

I mean today the first names in the year long bung inquiry have been announced there are so many issues concerning that, all of which are more interesting on the merits of who is better than who...

It looks like they aren't blaming much on the clubs themselves more the agents with the exception of Big Sam where they have admitted there is a conflict of interest with his son, something that was highlighted in the Panorama special. Souness and Shepard thing seems like they've said contrasting things...

On my side of things, Pompey have said their were no agents fees in two of the transfers, which is the problem as there were none announced if they are telling the truth then fair enough.

I wonder what the punishment would be. Say if all the teams were found guilty would the FA have the guts to say relegate the teams? (which would have happened in the past and likely abroad, look at Juventus for bribing refs) I doubt they would. I think likely the big scalps will all be agents rather than managers or clubs, they do need a big scalp though much like George Graham was when he got banned.

If you get X Amount of United Fans and X Amount of Liverpool, It's natrual that it's going to happen.

If you get X Amount of United Fans and X Amount of Liverpool, It's natrual that it's going to happen.

1 being the common dominantor for the variable X.

haha.

i know that football rivalries exist, but they don't always need to be broadcast on the interweb for weeks on end.

Personally I think it's a good choice, I actually really like Ralf Little.

He was so funny on MTV back in the late 90's when he used to take the piss outta Kelly Brook without her even realising!

I have also met him and he is a nice bloke. Lay off him a bit chaps.

Not the worst of choices, not the best of choices.

I myself would of pre-ferred a Liverpool Fan

I myself would of pre-ferred a Liverpool Fan

Colin Murray would have been brilliant.

Finally the bullshit rumours about Rafa being un-happy etc can be put to bed

Reds chief refuses to panic buy

Benitez has made only three signings so far this summer

Liverpool's co-owner George Gillett insists he will sanction the level of spending that boss Rafa Benitez has demanded - but not for the sake of it.

Reds fans have become frustrated with the club's lack of action in the transfer market so far this summer.

Gillett told The Times: "I sense that kind of pressure building from the media - but we are working on things.

"Rafa has a programme under way and, as that unfolds, that will be the time for us to be judged, not now."

Following Liverpool's defeat by AC Milan in the Champions League on 23 May, Benitez said Liverpool must "spend big and spend now" to close the gap on Manchester United and Chelsea at the top of the Premiership.

What we've said and what Rafa has said was that we had a programme and he would share that with us and that we would support it

George Gillett

He has brought in Andrey Voronin on a free transfer from Bayer Leverkusen and signed Hungarian teenagers Kristian Nemeth and Andras Simon.

The Reds are also close to wrapping up a £6m deal for Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva.

But the established world-class signings expected by supporters after the arrival of Gillett and co-owner Tom Hicks have not yet materialised.

"We're not going to do something just to try to prove something," Gillett explained.

"What we've said and what Rafa has said was that we had a programme and he would share that with us and that we would support it.

"The first part was that we identified a number of our existing star players (Jose Reina, Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso) whom Rafa wanted to sign on long-term contracts.

"That was the first step and it has been done. Now we're moving on to phase two, which is bringing players in."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6759507.stm

The future is incredibly bright for the club, Possibly the greatest stadium in the world + the financial support of two incredible families. Plus the greatest manager in the world...

Come On Liverpool!!!!!

The man is a cúnt, Soccer AM is officially dead.

Personally I think Soccer AM has been dead for years. I used to love watching it with my dad but it just seemed to focus less and less on football as it went on and in the end I gave up watching it every week.

Soccer AM has done well to stay fresh....

Besides if Badiel and Skinner don't come back on air I won't be switching Soccer AM off.

Which reminds me their Euro 2004 Programme was Comical Genius.

Back to Soccer AM it has become a pre match ritual..

Get Up, Eat Breakfast, Watch Soccer AM, Shit, Shave, Shower, Pub, Curry Game...

Thats if it's a fucking 3pm kick off...

Do you guys have Pre Match Rituals?

Soccer AM has done well to stay fresh....

Besides if Badiel and Skinner don't come back on air I won't be switching Soccer AM off.

Which reminds me their Euro 2004 Programme was Comical Genius.

Back to Soccer AM it has become a pre match ritual..

Get Up, Eat Breakfast, Watch Soccer AM, Shit, Shave, Shower, Pub, Curry Game...

Thats if it's a fucking 3pm kick off...

Do you guys have Pre Match Rituals?

yep pretty much the same ritual, except for the curry, if I'm not going to a game replace that with a bit of Jeff on Soccer Saturday.

As for Soccer AM Ralf Little might not be that bad. Soccer AM could be in it's last season anyway, it is made by Lovejoy's production and their contract with sky expires this season!

Some more transfer news about Pompey:

Portsmouth are in the 'driving seat' to sign Alou Diarra, according to Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas.

The France international is one of Harry Redknapp's prime transfer targets, although he has doubted the likelihood of a deal.

Werder Bremen have also expressed an interest in Diarra, who wants to quit the French champions in search of regular first-team football.

The latest reports in France suggest a bid of €9million (£6million) will be enough to tempt Lyon into a sale.

Pompey are rumoured to have offered close to that figure already and an increased bid is on the cards.

Lyon chairman Aulas has confirmed that the Premier League club are currently the favourites to sign the former Liverpool youngster.

"Portsmouth are in the driving seat," Aulas told the French media.

"Diarra could leave in the coming days."

Redknapp has been desperate to strengthen his strike-force, but the Pompey manager has also acknowledged a wish to bring in a new midfielder.

Great news for us, we seem to be out and about for a lot of midfielders got Muntari and now this would tie in with rumours that Gary O'Neil is off to Middlesborough as part of deal for Yakubu. Personally don't want that to happen GON is so tireless and loyal and Yakubu is just such a rebel...

Our midfield could be awesome on paper next season:

Muntari Diarra Mendes Taylor/Krancjar

fuck. so tense. real madrid have just gone 2-1 up over mallorca.

looks like the title is going to the bernabéu.

about 5 mins left.

edit: 3-1. real have the title unless something goes badly wrong.

i can't believe reyes has scored twice!

edit 2: dammit. im posting in the wrong thread.

i know what you mean, but im glad they won over barca.

would have preferred sevilla over both, but it wasn't ever going to happen really.

well done madrid.

also, england under 21's beat an understrength serbia side to get through to the semis in the U21 euro competition, italy and czech republic go home. england play holland on wednesday i believe.

what an amazing sport day today has been.

Glad Madrid won it.

Lol at Reyes scoring twice. I'm happy for him....as long as he stays in Spain now.

i know what you mean, but im glad they won over barca.

would have preferred sevilla over both, but it wasn't ever going to happen really.

well done madrid.

also, england under 21's beat an understrength serbia side to get through to the semis in the U21 euro competition, italy and czech republic go home. england play holland on wednesday i believe.

what an amazing sport day today has been.

Yeah it really has been awesome, watched cricket until the F1 and then Real Madrid and now theres Golf on, event though I'm not really into golf.

Anyway I'm glad Real won it, means Becks time there wasn't a complete waste and he has got a trophy! But will Capello stay? On the TV they were quick to point out how he left in '96 when he won the title with them and they have proven down the years that they will sack successful managers, think they did the same with Del Bosque just after he won it (?).

What a great manager Capello is he has now won titles with 4 different teams...