NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

To be fair, most of Rafa's 'shite' signings such as Josemi, Nunez, Kromkamp, Pellegrino, and Morientes (who was hardly shite, just a little underwhelming) were all shipped out pretty quickly. The likes of Fowler and Zenden may have failed to perform, but the experience of players such as those two counts for a lot off the pitch. Overall, I think Rafa's performance in the transfer market has been highly impressive.

I hope not ^ Gudjohnsen is good, but he's not the sorta player we should be aiming to sign for the long term.

and rofl at ant defending SHITE liverpool players, ur deluded buddie. If you were a Man United fan you would be calling djemba djemba good

no it is like calling o'shea, fletcher, carrick and heize good. they are complete shit. wouldn't even make it into the liverpool squad let alone the starting 11.

It is a true testiment to a fantastic manager that United won the league with a distinctly average side. Carried by Ronaldo and Giggs.

no it is like calling o'shea, fletcher, carrick and heize good. they are complete shit. wouldn't even make it into the liverpool squad let alone the starting 11.

It is a true testiment to a fantastic manager that United won the league with a distinctly average side. Carried by Ronaldo and Giggs.

Fantastic post, totally agree.

And Rooney, Scholes, Rio & Vidic.

Plus Benitez hasn't had the money to compete....The signings he has made have either been to strengthen the squad or to buy for the future.

Besides calling Morientes utter shite is unfair his work rate was spot on he just couldn't cut it in this league, the spanish league is for him.

Same goes for Sheva, Quality Player but just not in this league...

explain, the dudes just come back from injury, I wouldnt call him shit ffs

ROFL did i strike a nerve with someone? the fact you tried to reply in a harsh way, after licking my ass on msn - says it all really...

You've got to be shitting me I've had you on block for the past few weeks

Going to 4 home games a season, when it costs 200 quid odd a time for a trip and day out just to get to Manchester - Is a massive commitment, when you have to fund everything yourself.

Diddums

We dont all live 5 minutes from our clubs ground and have mother/father's money to rely on gayboy.

I was taught to work hard for my money which I do, I myself pay for the tickets

I thought you were above trying to behave like this. You say critical things about my club and It's manager nearly on a daily basis and I dont try to respond in such an immature way. I guess I should of expected it from a 16 year old

Jesus christ, Your Obsessed with Liverpool I don't say anything much about United unless their is a discussion

I think I am pretty mature for my age to be honest and I don't spell like a fucktard.

Get a Grip hobz your nothing but an e-gangster

I didnt I called him a Flop, exactly what he is.

And the fact the other guy thinks Carrick and Heinze are shit player's says it all really. Biased and Stupid..[/QUOTE]

LMFAO...Jesus Irony....

Certain members of this board are unable to take criticism for there teams, without replying with a Hissy Fit. .

Certain members of this forum can't compliment their team without being launched upon.

Fields says we can win the league, You flip and call every signing Benitez has made shit...Whats up with that?

I stand by everything I have said, I dont trust Rafa Benitez's activity in the transfer market. Every great player, can be matched with a shocking signing.

Unlike some we have never been able to splash £20 million plus every season on a world class player, we have had to make do with very little.

For what Benitez has, and for what he is done I can think of no better manager around I would like to be in the hands of...

Hobbzinio may be a ****, but he does provide some welcome entertainment. Although he is something to laugh at, not with.

explain, the dudes just come back from injury, I wouldnt call him shit ffs

Even before the injury he was shit. but at least you didnt query the other 3.

As for scholes, rooney and rio well

Scholes wasn't that good and as a midfield player he can't takle for shit. the only reason he didn't spend half the season suspended is because he plays for United.

Rooney had a poor season by his high standards, lucky ronaldo was 2 levels above anyone else this season.

Rio is the most over rated donkey on the planet. if it wasn't for him having such and excellent partner everyone would see he was shit.

Next?

Hahaha good stuff, but dont deny the fact you were not licking my ass when we were discussing commitments as supporters on msn. You're a douche bag

What has our discussion on MSN have to do with anything, You wanted to straight things out with me so I let you.

Your acting like a Primary School Kid

I dont believe you either, it's obvious to me you dont pay for bollock all. I brought up Rafas signings as in 'debate' people were discussing Liverpool's transfer budget, I found it to be very relevant. You just responded with a Hissy Fit and tried to get personal with me + failed in the process.

Nothing you have ever done, has made me think you were mature.

You don't know me, how I live, what I pay for or what I don't I am who I am on the forum, MSN and in real life. Accept It, Deal With it, Live with it.

You displayed your clear lack of knowledge of Liverpool Signings when you called players shit, whom you have probably never seen, passing opinions which where un found.

Oh and I ain't here to prove to you that I am mature, or anyone else.

As I said I am who I am, Move Along...

Even before the injury he was shit. but at least you didnt query the other 3.

As for scholes, rooney and rio well

Scholes wasn't that good and as a midfield player he can't takle for shit. the only reason he didn't spend half the season suspended is because he plays for United.

Rooney had a poor season by his high standards, lucky ronaldo was 2 levels above anyone else this season.

Rio is the most over rated donkey on the planet. if it wasn't for him having such and excellent partner everyone would see he was shit.

Next?

Spot on with everything you said there..

However Scholes is world class

Rooney scored 20+ goals and his work rate has been class all season. The fact ignorant people expect him to be scoring 2 goals every game and call his form "shit" when that doesnt happen, suggests you dont understand his role in our team.

Heinze has been classy for us since he arrived. Great agression, great tackle succession and rarely dissapoints. Replace agression with technique, and the same applies for Rio.

QUOTE]

You see this is the funny part, that is exactly why people like yourselves do not rate Crouch and Kuyt.

but I'll live with it, I don't need any Manchester United fan telling me how good Peter Crouch is..

peter-crouch-airbound.jpg

Gerrin Der Crouchy Boy!

you need to be able to tackle to be classed as world class in my opinnion but scholes is not as good as he used to be.

where did i call rooney shit? all i said is he hasn't had as good a season as you would expect from a player of his high quality.

come on lets face it hienze and rio are far from class.

well then we will agree to disagree.

i still fancy liverpool to push for the title next year. i recon if we dont win it chelsea will and united will finish 3rd

Ferdinand and Heinzes combined consistency for Club and Country suggests otherwise Mike. Both have been great for years, why Rio gets the hate he does around here i will never know. I think his more relaxed style of play, to the gun ho abilities of a John Terry plays a big part tbh. .

Ferdinand get's into the United squad because he plays for United

And I rate Crouch always have done, since seeing him down here for Portsmouth and Southampton. Good squad player and alternative. Kuyt on the otherhand is a player i feel is never going to be maximized to his best, unless he partners a goal machine. His strength up top, is supporting not scoring 20 a season..

I agree

Yet every Liverpool fan i know, tabbed him as a potential new "Ruud", when he arrived

Kuyt's work rate is second to none

Doesn't look like this has been posted as another liverpool-man utd arguement is going on:

Seventeen transfers and five Premier League clubs have been named in Lord Stevens' final report into alleged transfer irregularities.

Deals involving Chelsea, Middlesbrough, Bolton, Portsmouth and Newcastle have been highlighted in the report.

But there is no evidence of irregular payments to club officials or players.

Managers Sam Allardyce and Graeme Souness have been mentioned in Lord Stevens' report along with 15 agents, including Pini Zahavi.

Interview: Agents' spokesman Chris Heaton-Harris

Interview: Barry Silkman

There was a perceived conflict of interest with Newcastle boss Allardyce and his former agent son Craig and Bolton Wanderers.

Stevens also reported "inconsistencies in evidence" provided by the former Newcastle manager Souness and Kenneth Shepherd, son of Magpies chairman Freddy Shepherd.

Zahavi did not open his bank accounts for inspection and is accused of failing to co-operate fully with the inquiry.

The report also recommended that Fifa should investigate Zahavi's conduct.

The 17 transfers 'uncleared':

Bolton

Ali Al-Habsi, Tal Ben Haim, Blessing Kaku, Julio Correia.

Chelsea

Didier Drogba, Petr Cech, Michael Essien.

Middlesbrough

Fabio Rochemback, Yakubu.

Newcastle

Jean Alain Boumsong, Emre Belozoglu, Amady Faye, Albert Luque.

Portsmouth

Collins Mbesuma, Benjani Mwaruwari, Aliou Cisse.

One other transfer has not yet been disclosed.

Lord Stevens said in a statement: "Many lessons have been learned and strict adherence to and enforcement of the recommendations should ensure that the game and the transfer market can proceed in an untainted and transparent manner."

With regards to the future, the Premier League and the FA have agreed to carry out a random audit of selected transfers from each window in order to further ensure compliance

The Premier League will now send the findings to the FA and Fifa.

Football agents Zahavi and Barry Silkman were unhappy with claims they did not co-operate with Stevens' inquiry.

Zahavi admitted refusing to open his private bank account for inspection but he claims that no other foreign agent was as co-operative as him. Zahavi said: "It is ridiculous for agents to be condemned while the clubs are all supposed to be perfect."

Silkman added: "It is an absolute total lie. A complete lie. Whoever he is, Lord Stevens, he is a liar. The people who have done this are liars.

"I co-operated 100%. I went to see them with my lawyer and showed them every single bank statement.

"They saw money coming into my account and money going out of my account."

In a statement through his solicitors, Souness said: "I cannot understand why my name features in this report."

Portsmouth and Newcastle feel they have been vindicated by the findings of the inquiry.

A statement issued by Pompey said: "We're not surprised the club and our officials have been exonerated by the report.

"Although there are transfers involving Portsmouth FC, the continuing investigations are into the agents and not the club.

"We always act in accordance with Premier League rules and have fully co-operated with this investigation."

Newcastle's statement read: "The report makes clear that Newcastle officials have done nothing wrong and have at all times offered their full co-operation."

Newcastle also called on the agents named to "assist the inquiry in resolving their outstanding queries as soon as possible."

An FA spokesman said: "Following the final report of the Premier League's Quest Inquiry, the FA will give full consideration to its contents and the documentation that is due to be passed on by the Premier League and Quest."

The Premier League and the FA have agreed to carry out random spot-checks on future transfers using Quest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6755991.stm

I'm not surprised to see Pompey in there, remember hearing at the time that Mbesuma was owned by a third party, but don't know what was wrong with Benjani! Also can't see what went on with Cisse, but atleast its not all done to Harry as he wasn't there for two of the transfers...

Jean Alain Boumsong....

I remmeber when Liverpool were linked with him every year, thank fuck we didn't opt to get him.

On another note glad to see Fat Sam get found out, ****

Whilst having constructive arguments is fun, try and keep it civilised, guys. No need to resort to swearing, it's fucking stupid.

And, never ever doubt the talent that is Heinze. :D Quality guy, just a shame that he's a shadow of what he once was. If he does stay with us next year, I hope he regains back his fitness and hunger.

Whilst having constructive arguments is fun, try and keep it civilised, guys. No need to resort to swearing, it's fucking stupid.

And, never ever doubt the talent that is Heinze. :D Quality guy, just a shame that he's a shadow of what he once was. If he does stay with us next year, I hope he regains back his fitness and hunger.

Isn't Heinze a good friend of Ronaldo? If Heinze were to go to Real then Real may look more tempting to Ron.

Isn't Heinze a good friend of Ronaldo? If Heinze were to go to Real then Real may look more tempting to Ron.

Not sure if they're good friends or not, but I doubt Fergie or anyone would be willing to let him go. But, if he did, I can only imagine about what the price tag would be. We're talking fuckloads, here.

Goddamn computer, no Internet access since Wednesday, discover the new thread has been made...[/vented spleen]

Nothing has happened at Villa at all, we have to wait until the end of the U21 Tourney if we'll be able to get Reo-Coker. And I keep looking to see if they have revealed the new Nike kit for next season.

Argh.

Nothing has happened at Villa at all

I bought these sort of Villa-like shoes today, will that do?

adidas_gazelle2_bordea_blu_.jpg

OMG! Villa's top signing of the summer, along with all their summer expenditure! ;)

They're not made by Nike, so...

OMG THEY MUST BE FAKE! :eek:

Can I have them?