NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2007/2008

Arsenal are going downhill, I think that without henry they are now on the same level as spurs to be honest.

All I will say is Man Utd sold Ruud, look where they finished last season.

We need players to stand up and be counted. I hoping for big seasons from Toure, Gilberto and Van Persie.

All I will say is Man Utd sold Ruud, look where they finished last season.

We need players to stand up and be counted. I hoping for big seasons from Toure, Gilberto and Van Persie.

Liverpool sold Owen and won the Champions League Final.

Arsenal sold Veira (can never spell his name) and got to the final.

United sold Ruud and won the league.

However, Owen, Vieira and Ruud were not United's best players. Henry is much more than just a striker, he's..dare I say it, the heart of the team.

However, Owen, Vieira and Ruud were not United's best players. Henry is much more than just a striker, he's..dare I say it, the heart of the team.

Didn't show much heart yesterday did he? Or most of the season he seemed out of place and not with it.

Toure, now theres a man who plays for the shirt on his back. He is where the heart of the team is at.

Didn't show much heart yesterday did he? Or most of the season he seemed out of place and not with it.

Toure, now theres a man who plays for the shirt on his back. He is where the heart of the team is at.

Yeah, but then that's how I feel Arsenal's season was summed up this year. Imo, they seemed to just stop playing with any conviction, and they weren't the Arsenal we all know.

I think they're going to need to go through a period of re-inventing themselves. We did that when Ruud left, and we became a much better team, now that we stopped relying on one person to get goals.

Yeah, but then that's how I feel Arsenal's season was summed up this year. Imo, they seemed to just stop playing with any conviction, and they weren't the Arsenal we all know.

I think they're going to need to go through a period of re-inventing themselves. We did that when Ruud left, and we became a much better team, now that we stopped relying on one person to get goals.

I completely agree. But how many of these transitions does this team need? How long are we going to rely on youth and let proven quality go by. We need to strengthen the squad, and my concern is that it might not happen.

I completely agree. But how many of these transitions does this team need? How long are we going to rely on youth and let proven quality go by. We need to strengthen the squad, and my concern is that it might not happen.

I've always been a bit concerned about Arsenal, because they always rely on youth to come through. Planning for the future, but not neccessarily focusing on the here and now.

Bye Bye arsenal. Simple i think eufa cup spot is the best they can get next season.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/LatestDetail/0,,10335~1056994,00.html

Yay! we let our top goalscorer leave on a free because the chairman dislikes him and he dared to ask for more money after being our top goalscorer for 2 out of 3 seasons.

Is their any one left who thinks that our chairman is actualy doing a good job?

He's turned away investors, wont let any one onto the board who wants to play an active role in the club, continualy lies (whats gone off with the so called takeover?) and is constantly bickering with Wednesdayite because they wont give him thier 10% of shares.

He is a very petty man which the club needs rid of befor we can properly move forward.

Anyway, back to Macca.

Apparently Rangers would get £50,000 if we signed him and reports also say that his agent wanted a "sizeable fee".

Macca is good for around 20 goals per season (maybe more), so id like to see if we can find another player that can perform that well that doesnt cost millions.

On a side note we are reportedly looking at signing Kenwyne Jones, apparently he is up for grabs as part of a cost-cutting exercise at Southampton.

I'd like to see Kenwyne come to us, especialy now that we dont have macca.

now will people believe Eto'o is not leaving!

Barcelona star Samuel Eto'o has dismissed any lingering rumours of a potential move to Milan.

The Cameroon international had been linked with the Rossoneri after a difficult season in Catalunya, but both president Joan Laporta and head coach Frank Rijkaard have underlined their desire to keep the striker in recent days.

Now Eto'o - who has the chance to play alongside good friend Thierry Henry at Camp Nou next season - has spoken of his excitement at the challenge ahead with Barca.

"The talk about Milan has finished," Eto'o told the Spanish media.

"Laporta and the board have said that I am staying and I have always said to them that I never thought about leaving.

"I am excited about the plans for next season. The fact that the club have made it clear that they want me is great too.

"I have a close relationship with the president and can say that I would stay here for life because of him."

Eto'o also believes that a new set of rules for the Barcelona players would not be a bad idea and that the squad should learn from the mistakes of the past campaign.

The Cameroon striker was reacting to Blaugrana president Joan Laporta's speech on Tuesday, where he stated that players should be more responsible and that a new code of conduct would be introduced.

"In any place where there is a group there are rules to respect," Eto'o added. "We have been fortunate that Frank and Joan have given us some freedom or, in other words, responsibility.

"If they believe that the rules have to be tightened, then it is probably right."

After a season that saw Eto'o at the centre of controversy, the 26-year-old was unhappy that so much information found its way to the media.

"We will have to learn from what we have been through, so that the press have less room to criticise," Eto'o continued.

"There should not be so many leaks and we have to learn that our dirty linen should only be aired in the changing room."

THat doesn't prove anything ;)

We'll see where he is at the end of the transfer window :D

anyhoo Celtic have signed Massimo Donati from AC Milan for an undisclosed fee, Milan signed him for £10m a few years ago but he never really broke into the first team, he is also Italy's most capped U21 international.

Makes 4 signings so far with more to come :)

i still think he's going to leave.

obviously i may be wrong but like gmac says, we'll have to wait and see where he's going to be playing at the start of the season.

waiting sucks the transfer window should only be open for a week. would be great.

that would be a bit intense for everyone involved I think ;)

Just to show what nonsense tabloids spout, the Mirror's sister paper The People is saying Boro are getting smith for 6m. They can have him for that much though, he's a poor midfeilder and a very average striker.

Radio Newcastle reckon we offered Liverpool Owen for Bellamy and Riise and they turned us down, doesn't seem Rafa has much intention of bringing Owen back to the mickey mousers if true...

Yeah I just read that in the BBC Sport rumour section. Im glad to be honest, as ive said before I just dont think Owen is worth it anymore and I dont want to lose Riise.

you cant compare henry, veiras departures to rudd and beckham. the arsenal lads left while the united due were forced out ie. sold even though they wanted to stay.

funny how henry said he will "always be a gunner", im sorry, so why are you leaving? if hes doing it for trophies and success (league title and CL) then thats the biggest insult to the fans and kinda reinforces my point of arsenal are not that big of a team (due to lack of quality players).

PS. its a very big insult to have your captin leave (not forced out like keane) twice in a row.

@ramar: how many players out of hoyte, clichey, flamini, hleb, theo, adubyour, fabregas, rosicky van persi and gilberto silva would make it into a barcelona, Milan, chelsea and united lineup? probably only silva, cesc and van persi.

gunners, your days of success are long gone, since you lost your 49 game undefeated, its been down hil. Gooners, you are now history, deal with it.

All I can say now is that maybe, just maybe Spurs might crack top 4 this season. Provided they keep their stars.

@ramar: how many players out of hoyte, clichey, flamini, hleb, theo, adubyour, fabregas, rosicky van persi and gilberto silva would make it into a barcelona, Milan, chelsea and united lineup? probably only silva, cesc and van persi.

Thats like saying do you think Wes Brown, O'shea and Fletcher could walk into the best clubs in Europe. Which is ridiculous, they couldn't, just like Hleb, Flamini, Hoyte. Of course our team is not an all star eleven, I don't expect every man to be amazing. I expect them to do their best for the club. We've got a our quality players, we've good our good players and then we've got a squad men like any team.

Just to show what nonsense tabloids spout, the Mirror's sister paper The People is saying Boro are getting smith for 6m. They can have him for that much though, he's a poor midfeilder and a very average striker.

Radio Newcastle reckon we offered Liverpool Owen for Bellamy and Riise and they turned us down, doesn't seem Rafa has much intention of bringing Owen back to the mickey mousers if true...

Benitez does not want Owen. If he did, it would of happened by now. the only way I can see it happening is if they have to buy cheap like they did with Bellamy and Pennant.

Benitez does not want Owen. If he did, it would of happened by now. the only way I can see it happening is if they have to buy cheap like they did with Bellamy and Pennant.

Spot On Mate, Benitez doesn't want Owen..

Torres is his number one priority and Benayoun is meant to be signing this week as well.

You won the league with Darren Fletcher, and he isn't exactly quality is he?

Its about the team, not about individuals whenever I see Yossi I play I am not dissapointed, granted he is not a Multi-Million pound signing but he has quality. Wether he can hold his own in a Premiership Title Competing Side is another matter, we shall sure find out soon.

Just because he isn't a £10 Million + Player doesn't mean he isn't quality.

If Rafa likes him then thats good enough for me.

Who knows wether Yossi has been bought as a First Team player?

I'll reserve judgement till we get him