Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2007

gaggle64

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap, even with a (possible) lighter fuel load, where the hell did Hamilton find more then a tenth of a second over Raikkonen?

Well Raikkonen did have that slight slip on the last corner, but still yeah it was phenomenal, I mean he just motored through, I mean how amazing was it to watch?!

Unlucky! haha, only joking!

For £10 (to charity) you can get your face on one of the Red Bull Cars for Silverstone.

http://www.redbullf1.com/

ococ_en.jpg

Finally a car that looks worse than the Honda earth car!

its a good idea thou

i remember one of the commentators saying theres 30,000+ photos on the car :o 30,000 x £10 for charity you do the math. Good on them

happy of course that hamilton is on pole he is bloody awesome considering hes a rookie hes gunna be very special in a few years once he has plenty of exp under his belt.

its a good idea thou

i remember one of the commentators saying theres 30,000+ photos on the car :o 30,000 x £10 for charity you do the math. Good on them

happy of course that hamilton is on pole he is bloody awesome considering hes a rookie hes gunna be very special in a few years once he has plenty of exp under his belt.

you say very special in a few years, the way he's going he will be champ this year! can't get much better than that! ok I'm getting carried away but he is awesome...

It's certainly going to be an exciting race tommorow with the McLarens and Ferraris mixed up at the front togtether.

I'm going to miss most of it though because I'm being dragged along to make up the numbers at some art festival for the week. Boo. :(

EDIT: Never mind, change of plans. Yay!

I have always hated ITV's coverage but this years is even worse. FFS stop relating everything to Lewis Hamilton, yes hes having an amazing season. But asking Robert Kubica, for example, what he thinks of Hamiltons season is a tad annoying. I cant actualy bring my self to watch the race build up anymore its so cringeworthy.

I have always hated ITV's coverage but this years is even worse. FFS stop relating everything to Lewis Hamilton, yes hes having an amazing season. But asking Robert Kubica, for example, what he thinks of Hamiltons season is a tad annoying. I cant actualy bring my self to watch the race build up anymore its so cringeworthy.
Thankyou! Couldn't agree more!!

Everyone has jumped on the Hamilton bandwagon and all the Formula1 loyalists are being forgotten about, every second of every show is relating to Hamilton, where as there used to be features on all the drivers. If you don't support Hamilton your just forgotten about! There are 21 other drivers on track thankyou ITV!! It really is annoying me!!

Todays qualifying... stupid light on fuel show boating lap from Hamilton to please the crowds!

As for tomorrows race... Kimi to win!!

Looks like Kimi has it in the bag! Couldn't be happier :)

Hamilton has been completely off it today. Maybe it's the car, but he's a lot slower than I thought he would be. if the BMW's were faster he'd have got punished more I reckon, especially with Massa stalling.

Wow. Blatant short fueling of Hamilton for the hypetrain pole position. ITV mentioning him in every sentence. Drip feeding all the rules for the bandwagon jumpers.

The coverage was cringeworthy. As great a driver as Hamilton is, I'm glad he didn't win today, and hope he doesn't win the championship this year, because we will never hear the end of it.

Kinda like how us Scots don't want England to win the world cup, actually.

So a second consecutive win for Raikkonen, a ninth consecutive podium for Hamilton and all four front runners within twenty points with eight races to go. It's pretty much a straight race down to the wire. Best championship for years.

And please, don't sneer at people for wanting to hear about Lewis Hamilton. The public tends to be most interested in good drivers from their own country. They're just weird like that.

Glad Hamilton didn't win today, both because of the insane coverage and for the championship. I don't have anything against him but the hype train is insane, even from a non-British perspective.

What we really need is Hamilton getting no points once; then the top four could crawl together and make things really exciting. I have a feeling Hamilton has had a fair share of luck in North America, where he took the lead.

Yay for Kimi, too. Glad to see him back up front :smile:

Wow-wee that's pretty major failure if the car was allowed to just take of like that. It's a testament to the safety measures across the formulas that he walked away from it, but there'll be some questions asked about what happened no doubt.

I have to say I agree about ITV and Hamilton, I mean Kubica has been having a great season so far in his right, but everytime they mention him they bring up the fact that he used to be in GP2 with Lewis, or that he will be Hamiltons major rival for years to come...

I hate the sympified commentary for the bandwagon jumpers...I DON'T NEED TELLING EVERYTIME SOMEONE CHANGES TIRES THAT THE ARE TWO TYPES SOFT AND HARD AND EVEN MORE SO DON'T NEED TELLING THAT YOU CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BECAUSE OF THE LINE ON THEM.

• 2 weeks later...

So the stage is set for a another brilliant race. This weekend it's the classic Nurburgring with Hamilton and Raikkonen already slugging it out at the top in the Friday Practice. Hamilton set the fastest time overall but Raikkonen's Ferrari seems to be faster in the wet. They pretty much seem to be trading blow for blow.

A HEADS UP: Murray Walker himself will be doing this weekends coverage for BBC 5 Live, so if you're not already in the habit of muting the TV in favour of the radio commentary, now might be the time to give it a whirl.

So the unreliability and mistakes from McLaren make a return!!

Remind me of a couple of years ago when Kimi's rear wing just flew off for no apparent reason during the German Grand Prix!

Pretty bad crash from Hamilton, though I thought it seemed to be a bit exagerated in commentory as there's been crashes like this before, like Jensons head on crash in Monaco out of the tunnel!

Anyways, hope Hamilton's ok, which I'm sure he is!

Glad Kimi's on pole!! McLaren owe him this race!!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!