N-Europe

Surely I'm not the only one here..(Left or Right?)

Dyson

Which hand do you write with?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which hand do you write with?

I was just wondering how many people on this forum are left handed for writing. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only lefty in all of my college classes, which gets rather awkward when sitting next to a right hander :P

Anyway, the reason I post the poll is because I also hold my pen in such a way that after 5 minutes of writing, my hand ends up hurting. I also find that I'm an awfully slow writer compared to the right handed people I know. Is this because I'm a lefty, or because I'm just a naturally slow writer? Who knows?

So yeah. Let's see if you're a left hander or right hander - and if you're a lefty, do you have any problems with writing in comparison to other people?

Lefty's unite! :yay:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, the reason I post the poll is because I also hold my pen in such a way that after 5 minutes of writing, my hand ends up hurting. I also find that I'm an awfully slow writer compared to the right handed people I know. Is this because I'm a lefty, or because I'm just a naturally slow writer? Who knows?

I'm a righty and I have the same problems.

Right handed.

Only times my hands ache when writings is after a huge exam where I've been writing for 2 hours. But thats usually because I'm writing faster than the speed of light in the last 5 minutes to try and finish my trail of thought.

Right handed.

Only times my hands ache when writings is after a huge exam where I've been writing for 2 hours. But thats usually because I'm writing faster than the speed of light in the last 5 minutes to try and finish my trail of thought.

Haha, I do the exact same thing. My writing almost becomes a squiggle in the last 2 minutes of the exam.

Actually, the other day, in my Philosophy exam, I had to write a paragraph about a certain argument and what I thought about it. I only had 20 seconds left so all I managed to write was "I think reliablism is great."

Whoops :P

11 right handers, one left.

Either the amount of left handers is minute on the forum, or left handers are too afraid to admit it for fear of becoming a minority! :P

*hides from the evil right handers*

i do wright with my right hand

however i have this weird "disease" with the muscles in my right side so i do everything else almost with my left hand (besides holding a wii-mote and some sports equipment)

How odd - why do you write with your right hand if this is the case?

I'm left handed for everything. I often smudge my work because my left hand gets in the way. :D

GRRRAAGGGH That's the most annoying thing about being a left hander! My hand after an exam is usually covered in pen marks :P

For exams i use a pen that has ink that drys quickly so i don't smudge my work and end up with a load of scribbled mess on the page.

I seem to automatically write in different ways in different situations. I write neatly in exams without realising, but any notes I make are illegible.

I seem to automatically write in different ways in different situations. I write neatly in exams without realising, but any notes I make are illegible.

When making notes my writing is illegible even to me :heh:

In exams i make sure it is readable, but when time is ticking at the end i rush and you can barely make out the words. :D

leftie - wooooot! =)

Yay! :yay:

I read somewhere once that being left handed was genetic - does anyone know more about this? Surely it's possible to "train" yourself to write with your right hand if you're genetically a leftie?

none of my family are left handed..

.. im the only freak ( i like being individual =)

i was stenciling in work the other night ( for the BIG SALE!).. and the way i write means i got permanent ink all over the side of my hand.. it still wont come off :S...

oh and my grannys niece or something was left handed - but back in the 50's/60's (whenever she grew up)... they didnt like left handed people so she was forced to write with her right hand

i was stenciling in work the other night ( for the BIG SALE!).. and the way i write means i got permanent ink all over the side of my hand.. it still wont come off :S...

oh and my grannys niece or something was left handed - but back in the 50's/60's (whenever she grew up)... they didnt like left handed people so she was forced to write with her right hand

Magic Buttons tbh. The magic is in the hand you write with XD

I heard about that too. Didn't they tie the left hand behind the back and force them to write with the right hand?

None of my family are left handed. I love being left handed, except when ink gets all over my hand. :D

Magic Buttons tbh. The magic is in the hand you write with XD

I heard about that too. Didn't they tie the left hand behind the back and force them to write with the right hand?

gah.. thats racism against left handed people (oh the joy of being a minoritiy - apart from being a girl on the nintendo forum)...

when we were learning how to write with pens (instead of pencils) in primary school .. i wasnt allowed to use a ink parker pen (grr).. i was told to use a plain ballpoint (due to me being left handed :o)