Rumor Control - IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat

pedrocasilva

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st:Wario looks horrible

2nd:Wario looks alright

3rd:Wario is cool, but 4:3 is lame (hey guys, newsflash, 16:9 2D platforming games don't work the same way) and shake it is delayed? Really, a powerful slow ground pound that shakes the whole fucking screen and is, by the way, preformed by a fat guy, is slow?

And those Wii Music reactions? They might hate it as much as they want, but these guys aren't professionals, they're just forumites. It's very nice to say "oh you're exagerating, IGN hate bla bla", but these guys are ridiculous.

4th: Hellfire is yapping about IGN again? ¬_¬

5th: I'll download and listen to the podcast later this evening and no doubt it will be decent enough, as it usually tends to be. Oops.

6th: I don't game on a widescreen TV (judge me all you want) but the 4:3 thing in Wario Land sure does look lame in the couple of screens I've seen.

Hellfire - I think when they're saying the shake move is delayed, they're saying that you have to shake the controller quite a bit before Wario does any of his shaking moves (punch the ground, shake the bag, etc), whereas if it was mapped to a button press it'd be instantaneous (though not as fun, obviously). It's nothing to do with how long the actual move animation is.

Well done. *pats on head*

Wasn't bragging about it. Just idle chatter between him and Matt and Craig being to him like "I called it!" as Matt didn't think there would be. Once again just the transcript making things sound like they were meant entirely differently as they try to bullet point things as "news" when there isn't much in the podcasts to begin with (and there isn't really meant to be either).

Anyway it's long been established that people just reading the transcripts dont have any right to comment on things said as the wording and meanings are completely different (as in they take a very liberal approach to transcribing what was said) but I guess that's never going to stop the ridiculous, immature hate!

Anyway it's long been established that people just reading the transcripts dont have any right to comment on things said as the wording and meanings are completely different (as in they take a very liberal approach to transcribing what was said) but I guess that's never going to stop the ridiculous, immature hate!
Of course they have the right. :heh: they just have to take into account what you guys say.

And even then, based on what you guys say, they might agree or disagree, pretty simple.

If you load those summaries for being misleading so much though, would you be interested in doing one instead?

Well they "have the right" then but when it seems like their "hate" is based entirely on transcripts which don't give off any of the emotion or proper wording behind statements (as in you can't tell half the stuff is just 2 guys having a laugh and not being hugely seriously, the podcast isn't meant to be a deadly serious thing) then it feels like people are taking a pretty wrong stance about the whole thing.

Wasn't bragging about it. Just idle chatter between him and Matt and Craig being to him like "I called it!" as Matt didn't think there would be. Once again just the transcript making things sound like they were meant entirely differently as they try to bullet point things as "news" when there isn't much in the podcasts to begin with (and there isn't really meant to be either).

Oh okay fair enough. I just imagined him being like a eight year old. "Told ya so told ya so!"

I really would write my own summary for this thread, but someone always pastes one from Gaf as soon as the podcast goes up.
Not me :heh:

Shall we issue a "HOLD YOUR HORSES, D_prOdigy is doing the summary" next week?

I wish people stopped using NeoGAF as a news source, too many people worship it.
I might use it, but I never leave a source link to them, same for a "certain blog"

I mean, if I leave a source I always look for the real one, thus... if there's a source, hell, even if it's japanese, that's what I'll go with.

4th: Hellfire is yapping about IGN again? ¬_¬

5th: I'll download and listen to the podcast later this evening and no doubt it will be decent enough, as it usually tends to be. Oops.

6th: I don't game on a widescreen TV (judge me all you want) but the 4:3 thing in Wario Land sure does look lame in the couple of screens I've seen.

Oh please, this was bound to happen, always rushing to defend IGN, like I'm always attacking them. I'm sorry, but the things they say are ridiculous. Oops. They're podcasts usually have next to no info, so what I comment are the stupid things they usually say. Like this.

Like hell I'm not going to comment when the biggest gaming site shows such inconsistency. He says you shake the remote for a second and half before things happen and that's a big fat lie.

Hellfire - I think when they're saying the shake move is delayed, they're saying that you have to shake the controller quite a bit before Wario does any of his shaking moves (punch the ground, shake the bag, etc), whereas if it was mapped to a button press it'd be instantaneous (though not as fun, obviously). It's nothing to do with how long the actual move animation is.

I've played the game and it's not a problem. At all. The move is "delayed" exactly because of that, it's a slow move, I wasn't talking about the animation.

1st:Wario looks horrible

2nd:Wario looks alright

3rd:Wario is cool, but 4:3 is lame (hey guys, newsflash, 16:9 2D platforming games don't work the same way) and shake it is delayed? Really, a powerful slow ground pound that shakes the whole fucking screen and is, by the way, preformed by a fat guy, is slow?

And those Wii Music reactions? They might hate it as much as they want, but these guys aren't professionals, they're just forumites. It's very nice to say "oh you're exagerating, IGN hate bla bla", but these guys are ridiculous.

They hadn't even played the game when they dismissed it; there's nothing wrong in that lol. Seriously, Matt was first to admit he was surprised by it, no need to shoot him down for it. I thought Rez look lame but after playing it today i love it, so does that mean you can have a go at me?

And by the delay they are referring to the fact that there is a delay before the game recognises that you've shaken the wii mote; they aren't saying that the attack animation is too long.

Oh and wii music..pretty much everyone has said it's pretty bad not just ign. And it's not really ridiculous (what they're saying) because they're entitled to give an opinion on a podcast.

Oh and wii music..pretty much everyone has said it's pretty bad not just ign. And it's not really ridiculous (what they're saying) because they're entitled to give an opinion on a podcast.

To be fair though, when you review a game you don't say "I'm only reviewing this so that I get the chance to slam it!"

Guest Captain Falcon
To be fair though, when you review a game you don't say "I'm only reviewing this so that I get the chance to slam it!"

Well it's certainly not the ideal attitude to have but surely if you have strong issues with a game, it's important to express them and inform your audience of your opinion.

I've not listened to the podcast but so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't mean to come across like that (but if he did, forgive me). Perhaps he's just trying to say that he won't hesitate to give a Nintendo developed game a bad review if it's justified.

But I think the issue here is that, from what I've read, Wii Music isn't really a game, but it's being unfairly treated as one.

There seems to be a lot of preconceived ideas about what the game should be, by people who have no idea behind the reasoning for the game's existence in the first place.

Guest Maase

Ahahah, i love this podcast (even tough i hate hearing podcasts, it takes too much of my time)

Their bashing at Wii Music = Priceless

that is a fair point but after listening to the podcast it seems as though they think it's almost laughably bad. I really hope it isn't as bad as they and other gaming sites are making it out to be because i remember seeing it at E3 a couple of years back thinking it had real potential :(

He was being pretty jokey about that (as they are with many things), and he did say afterwards he hopes that there will be some sort of redeeming feature he can praise.

I can give or take IGN, though I like their passion for Nintendo. And although it is unproffessional (the wii music comment) it is funny and the game "appears" to be the biggest joke of E3 and th ebiggest disappointment and for me, if the unleash their gaming fury on how bad it is then thats a good things, Nintendo need to know people aren't happy!

They hadn't even played the game when they dismissed it; there's nothing wrong in that lol. Seriously, Matt was first to admit he was surprised by it, no need to shoot him down for it. I thought Rez look lame but after playing it today i love it, so does that mean you can have a go at me?

And by the delay they are referring to the fact that there is a delay before the game recognises that you've shaken the wii mote; they aren't saying that the attack animation is too long.

These are professional journalists, they can't just spew out bullshit like that. Rez is a very weird game that can't be understood before played, Wario is not such a case. But if you want, I can have a go at you :P. Poopy face, Rez is awesome.

Again, the delay isn't like they say it is, I'm not talking about the animation.

Wii Music is getting a stupid amount of hate, it's experimental software, I don't know if I'll like it or not, but I'm not going on the main site and act like 10 year old forumite. They can and should criticize what they thing deserves it, this however, at some times reaches ridiculous points. I wonder how long it'll take for people to understand that Wii Music is a completly different and experimental... thing?

Also, they were saying Nintendo was eager to say Eguchi was behind it, when what I've seen is that they were eager to say Eguchi was behind AC, in fact they associated Wii Music more with Miyamoto.

Cammie does get way too much hate, but I still don't like her, she's annoying and too robotic, she obviously knows next to nothing about games.

These are professional journalists, they can't just spew out bullshit like that. Rez is a very weird game that can't be understood before played, Wario is not such a case. But if you want, I can have a go at you :P. Poopy face, Rez is awesome.

Again, the delay isn't like they say it is, I'm not talking about the animation.

Wii Music is getting a stupid amount of hate, it's experimental software, I don't know if I'll like it or not, but I'm not going on the main site and act like 10 year old forumite. They can and should criticize what they thing deserves it, this however, at some times reaches ridiculous points. I wonder how long it'll take for people to understand that Wii Music is a completly different and experimental... thing?

Also, they were saying Nintendo was eager to say Eguchi was behind it, when what I've seen is that they were eager to say Eguchi was behind AC, in fact they associated Wii Music more with Miyamoto.

Cammie does get way too much hate, but I still don't like her, she's annoying and too robotic, she obviously knows next to nothing about games.

Well electroplankton pulls off the experimental thing WAY better than wii music. There is a lot more potential there than aimless waggle tbh.

Heres the summary

Fatal Frame 4

- Controls are “retarded†- just as clunky as other versions if not worse

- No dual analog

- Doesn’t use pointer at all to look up and down

- Can’t use classic controller

- Nintendo-themed unlockable characters

- Movement is still slow

- Game itself is still spooky, Matt thinks he’ll still have fun with it

- Looks really nice graphically

Cursed Mountain

- Big development team

- About a brother who goes to Himalayas, you track him down

- Haven’t seen screens or movies

- Comes out next year

Rock Band Track Pack 1

- 20 new songs been previously made on the other systems - You technically save $10

- Standalone disc, boots on its own

- Blast Works price has been dropped

Boom Blox

- Actually selling pretty nicely - 450K

- Should be at half a million soon

Tetris Party

- Can play Tetris with the balance board

- Strong Bad looks fun, but Daemon was playing PC version

- Apparently the PC + Wii versions are identical

New International Track & Field

- Will kill your DS screen

- Can play traditional way

- The game is definitely good, but has limitations

- If the game was ported to WiiWare, Craig would score the game high

- Can play single-player while online

- Discussion about whether the crew will change the name of the podcast when WiiSpeak comes out

Disgaea

- Exactly like the PS2 game

- Daemon has fallen in love with it all over again

- Comes out next month

Wario Land: Shake It

- Craig argues that just because the game is 2D, it can still be in widescreen - all they did was crop it

- Still a great game

- Craig said there was only lag during shaking if you shake really fast

- Awesome, but technically limited

- More Conduit gameplay videos should be up soon

- de Blob, Naruto, exclusive on Moon, Metal Slug 7, Fatal Frame, Wario Land coverage this week

- Trackmania on DS looks fun, Craig wishes it was online

Reader questions

- Bozon hasn’t checked out Geometry Wars 2 yet. Daemon loves the co-op modes.

- Wii Fit is better than going to the Amazon for losing weight

- Hands on impressions for Call of Duty: World at War: PC + DS version first soon, then Wii a few weeks later

- When playing Shaun White Snowboarding, when you break your wrist, will she say, “Toasty?†No real response, the crew just jokes around

- Will we ever see Nunchuck Plus? Not really necessary, the nunchuck doesn’t have a port to plug anything in anyway

- Matt doesn’t think there will be a Nintendo Spaceworld event this year

- Favorite classic Mega Man Boss robot? Bozon likes Snakeman

- What’s happening with Lit? Functionally, things are coming along but Bozon doesn’t think it’s visually up to par yet - Will show it when they can

- Music in MadWorld demo: Matt thinks the song was original

- Call of Duty: World at War: Traditional split-screen co-op? The crew isn’t completely sure

- Matt likes Captain Rainbow

- Now that Nintendo has found a business model that works, why go back to hardcore? They’re not going to the hardcore right now, no reason for them to until casuals stop buying their games

- Disaster: Day of Crisis canned? Future not looking to bright, says Matt

- We’ll see screenshots + video probably towards the end of the year

- Negative criticism won’t make Nintendo change Wii Music

- Soma Bringer localization? Should be coming, showed up on ESRB listings

- Matt is pretty confident Fatal Frame will come to America

- There should be a show for hardcore games in the future, but Matt doesn’t know when + where

- Matt worried about Kid Icarus since Factor 5 said their next game would be casual? It concerns Matt, the original was very hardcore - Matt basically confirms Factor 5 is handling Kid Icarus

- When playing DS, Craig + Daemon use the built-in speakers instead of headphones usually

- Matt + Bozon both like Too Human - comes out this month

- Mushroom Men minimal press on IGN? Daemon says they’ve been giving it a lot of press, Craig says they’re limited as to what they can do - Will have an exclusive hands-on on Wednesday

*awaits arguments to start*