NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20070305081959389.jpg

This game looks great!

There's been a few new features on it recently over at gametrailers and it's sounding great! There's ALOT of work going into it to really make it a part of the saga; Following the story of Darth Vaders previously unknown secret apprentice!

Current release date is Spring 2008.

Hope they show a proper in-game trailer at E3!

Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=13022&type=wmv&pl=game

Storyline and Force powers interview

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=20284&type=wmv&pl=game

Behind the scenes making of

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=20007&type=wmv&pl=game

There's a few more videos about the game, but I think these are the best.

As long as you can bring a Star Destroyer crashing into a planet using only the power of the force, like in one of the concept images, I'm sold!!!

It's on DS, PS2, PS3, PSP, X360

Surely it would make sense to bung it on Wii, too?

It's on DS, PS2, PS3, PSP, X360

Surely it would make sense to bung it on Wii, too?

I hadn't realised it was on PS2!

I thought it was only on the 360/PS3 home consoles because it required the high specs!

If they're bothering with PS2 why leave out Wii?! especially considering console sales!

There should be a Wii version with motion force controls!

I hadn't realised it was on PS2!

I thought it was only on the 360/PS3 home consoles because it required the high specs!

If they're bothering with PS2 why leave out Wii?! especially considering console sales!

There should be a Wii version with motion force controls!

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

Platforms & Developers:

Next-Generation Consoles

(LucasArts)

PlayStation®2 and PSP® system

(Krome Studios)

Nintendo DS

(n-Space, Inc.)

This game looks awesome! I have to get it, but one thing puzzles me, if you play as the male apprentice, how come you see a girl using powers? Or is that just a dude with longer hair O.o

This game looks awesome! I have to get it, but one thing puzzles me, if you play as the male apprentice, how come you see a girl using powers? Or is that just a dude with longer hair O.o
It's just a trailer to demonstrate how you'll use force effects in the game.

Just an advanced tech demo really that focuses on force powers and not showing finished characters or anything.

Yer, just realised how long we have to wait :/ I thought it was more of an advanced trailer. Watching the interviews is interesting, especially the actor who just called karl katarrn (spelling?) a wuss! XD

Hmm, this does look awesome! Possibly better than Mass Effect? Hmm.. It's close.

I'm hoping this is gonna be like KOTOR I + II, in terms of different force spells and the good and evil scale. I hope they'll add in some girl models too!

You know it'll end up being like the Revenge of the Sith game.

I hope i'm wrong though..

That looks sweet! Another game I will more than likely end up buying.

DARTH VADER NEVER HAD A FUCKING APRENTICE! FUCKERS!

I want this.

How do you know that? He was supposed to be secret.

But yeah its not in Vader's character to of had a apprentice and I doubt he could of actually done anything without the Emperor knowing plus the fact that the only time he questioned his faith is at the end of Return of the Jedi.

A faster, more action orientated KOTOR would be sweet but I doubt this will deliver. Still it is looking great.

How do you know that? He was supposed to be secret.

But yeah its not in Vader's character to of had a apprentice and I doubt he could of actually done anything without the Emperor knowing plus the fact that the only time he questioned his faith is at the end of Return of the Jedi.

A faster, more action orientated KOTOR would be sweet but I doubt this will deliver. Still it is looking great.

Because I read the comics and the books and while I haven't read all of them, I don't think it makes much sense. First, he didn't have time, second, for most of the time between Ep III and IV Vader was still very much in need of guidance and exterminating Jedi, he didn't have time nor wisdom to have an aprentice. Second, he was strongly opposed to Mara Jade, so I do not think he would take an apprentice of his own. I was going to say that he would follow the rule of two, but considering Palpatine didn't seems to care much and Vader was more of a Dark Jedi than a real sith... meh.

This post was too nerdy. Even for a gaming site.

Is Darth Vader going to get a voice over? We know there's only one person to do it (not Hayden). It does seem out of character for him to have an apprentice, would've been more likely that it was actually the Emperor who wanted him rather than Vader. Much like Count Dooku 'training' Anakin. Make more sense too considering Vader is pretty much fucked up inside. Hey ho, i'm not overly confident on this game. How much different from Jedi Knight can it really be?

Is Darth Vader going to get a voice over? We know there's only one person to do it (not Hayden). It does seem out of character for him to have an apprentice, would've been more likely that it was actually the Emperor who wanted him rather than Vader. Much like Count Dooku 'training' Anakin. Make more sense too considering Vader is pretty much fucked up inside. Hey ho, i'm not overly confident on this game. How much different from Jedi Knight can it really be?

I would have said so and in fiction and comics there are plenty of other apprentices that the Emperor has hiding in the wood work...

Personally not that excited about this...despite being a huge star wars fan..more excited about the Ghostbusters game at the moment.

But flameboy... the engines... the physics... it's like living in the real world, only really small. And with the force. And being in space. ok it's nothing like the real world.

But flameboy... the engines... the physics... it's like living in the real world, only really small. And with the force. And being in space. ok it's nothing like the real world.

yeah but isn't Ghostbusters meant to have awesome physics...I guess we have had a ton of Star Wars games and thats why Ghostbusters is more exciting as we havn't had a glut down the years...

20080201.jpg

Sign in to follow this