NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Mario Kart 2007?!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7702/1/2007_Release_for_Mario_Kart_and_Metroid_Wii_in_Europe?

Nintendo News | 2007 Release for Mario Kart and Metroid Wii in Europe?

Quick News: Patrick Nagel, deputy marketing manager for Nintendo Germany, recently took part in a Q and A session in the Nintendo Center, according to NintendoCast. He revealed that with some luck Nintendo plans to publish Mario Kart Wii, and definitely release Metroid Prime 3 this year in Europe.

Certainly positive news, hopefully indicating some top names hitting the console towards the end of 2007.

Metroid this year in Europe - I should bloody hope so!!

Mario Kart - surely not?!

I'd like to think something got lost in translation and he meant Mario Galaxy, but I should think the interview was in English.

I'd rather they concentrated on Metroid, Mario and Brawl in Europe this year (and early next?), than throw a 4th title into the mix!

Roll on E3! Let's find out!

I don't want Mario Kart this year Nintendo, that can wait till 2008. Get your arses into gear and translate Animal Crossing and Brawl.

Seems unlikely. Never mind talking about Mario Kart, where the hell is my Super Paper Mario NoE!!??

Seems unlikely. Never mind talking about Mario Kart, where the hell is my Super Paper Mario NoE!!??

This boy speaks words of truth!

*calls Nintendo*

Look at his post! LOOK AT IT!

No way. Where do they expect us to get the money from? What will they give us next year?

This would be a pretty stupid move. Not only is it flooded with competition on its own platform, but it leaves Nintendo paralyzed next year.

Oh man I really need to make that money tree in the garden grow faster (or at all for that matter).

I think they'll have enough titles for 2008 though. There'll be Disaster, Project Hammer maybe even Excite Truck 2 and with a little luck Zelda.

But there are quite a few good titles in a short period. But better releasing the game when it's read than holding it back. Not better for Nintendo but better for us because we don't have to wait then.

Don't they mean like, they will start working on it? I doubt we'll see MK anytime soon, especially since not a single word has been said about it (this would be the first I think).

They're not gonna release that many big titles so close to each other (though I wouldn't exactly mind).

I think they'll have enough titles for 2008 though. There'll be Disaster, Project Hammer maybe even Excite Truck 2 and with a little luck Zelda.

I hope you're joking about Zelda. :heh:

zelda next year lol..... i'm sure they have been working on mariokart Wii for some time now, i dont expect it this year but i wouldn't complain!

Don't they mean like, they will start working on it? I doubt we'll see MK anytime soon, especially since not a single word has been said about it (this would be the first I think).
It does seem unlikely, at least E3 isn't too far away now!

Suppose they could be doing something based around the Mario Kart Arcade game/engine, or even an updated MK: DD engine.

Either would certainly help development along!

This would be a pretty stupid move. Not only is it flooded with competition on its own platform, but it leaves Nintendo paralyzed next year.
There are still LOADS of Nintendo franchises left for 2008 games!

Well those rumors did say that at the press summit there was footage of Mario Kart.

There'll almost certainly be something about Mario Kart at E3, but out this year? I doubt it, but if they can pull it off you won't hear any complaints from me.

There'll almost certainly be something about Mario Kart at E3, but out this year? I doubt it, but if they can pull it off you won't hear any complaints from me.

You will from me, if the quality is up to scratch. Its not like Nintendo to rush titles so I wouldn't expect it this year.

NOE have enough to focus on as it is.*so get moving*

I don't want Mario Kart Wii yet. I also don#t want it unless it's good. The DS one is riddled with problems.

- The way the weapons are given out. Position related weapons is just supid (and, IMO, so are the randomness of the weapons...pre set, updradable weapons are better IMO). The MK Weapon system would be better if it was related by actual distance behind 1st place.

- It needs good AI this time. Mirror Mode is just way too easy.

- It needs to expand on the mission mode a bit more. Give us more to do on our own.

- Let us play all tracks online. In fact, using a mixture of DKRDS and Mario Strikers' online systems would be great.

Still, MKWii in 2008 won't happen.

Online wise, they need to sort out how we actually meet friends. I think the lobby system from Strikers is the way to go, and they should look to expand on that.

Offline wise: the problem with these games is the longetivity. There were mission modes, which helped, and it probably MKDS the best Mario Kart so far. But, we need more. More things to do.

2007 is completely out of the question, imo. I can't imagine that they have been working hard on this, at least not over other potential biggies such as Metroid, mario and smash. They're the main 3 priorities. 2008 is more likely and more logical.

So...his talking as though we won't get Galaxy or Brawl this year, as they weren't mentioned?

I doubt will get Mario Kart this year, i reckon he meant Mario Galaxy......Surely will get Mario Galaxy?! Please!!!

Although Mario Kart Wii is definitely going to happen, I can't see it happening before 2008. Surely it's going to be one of the big 2008 releases, I mean what else can Nintendo follow MP3, SMG and SSBB up with? :P.

There are still LOADS of Nintendo franchises left for 2008 games!
I really doubt that we'll be satisfied next year with Pikmin, F-Zero and Star Fox. Nintendo fans are like that.

Also, I'm not really all that excited about a Wii Mario Kart, because of the reasons Cube mentioned, and because I consider Metroid, Mario, Brawl and Zelda DS better games that I barely have time for with this Winter.

I don't want Mario Kart Wii yet. I also don#t want it unless it's good. The DS one is riddled with problems.

- The way the weapons are given out. Position related weapons is just supid (and, IMO, so are the randomness of the weapons...pre set, updradable weapons are better IMO). The MK Weapon system would be better if it was related by actual distance behind 1st place.

- It needs good AI this time. Mirror Mode is just way too easy.

- It needs to expand on the mission mode a bit more. Give us more to do on our own.

- Let us play all tracks online. In fact, using a mixture of DKRDS and Mario Strikers' online systems would be great.

Still, MKWii in 2008 won't happen.

I agree with all these problems. It needs a story mode like diddy kong or better still CTR,but i can't see nintendo doing that for a console version.

I really doubt that we'll be satisfied next year with Pikmin, F-Zero and Star Fox. Nintendo fans are like that.

Also, I'm not really all that excited about a Wii Mario Kart, because of the reasons Cube mentioned, and because I consider Metroid, Mario, Brawl and Zelda DS better games that I barely have time for with this Winter.

I seriously doubt mario kart will come this year. That will be their next killer after mario galaxy they can't release it at the same time.

Yeah I agree that they won't be Nintendo's BEST titles, but maybe Nintendo's got a few new ideas (other than Project Hammer and Disaster) that we'll se at E3.

- Also if Nintendo really applied itself to Star Fox and took it back to what it should be (a next-gen Lylat Wars) it could be an outstanding game.

- Donkey Kong still has huge potential; if they could combine the side scrolling of Jungle Beat but with all the classic levels/characters of the DCK series.

- There's also that Pokemon Adventure game that people have wanted for so many years! Surely Nintendo will have to give it to fan pressure a make it someday; at the moment they seem to be avoiding developing it for some reason!

Hopefully 2008 will be the year of the the New IP's!

Then it will be 2009 and hopefully 2009 (although probably Christmas 2009) = Zelda!

Mario Kart should be left until Xmas 08 Imo. Makes so much more sense with all the big hitters coming so soon.

No chance, we haven't even seen footage of it yet, in fact I don;t even think it's been confirmed (although it will obviously happen)

Sign in to follow this