N-Europe

You won't want to spill Coffee on here

Ant-Shimmin

At the risk of turning this into a Mac v PC argument, I would just like to say...

You either like it for what it is, not what it isn't. Microsoft, Apple does it matter?

Your personal views on a piece of hardware or software should not be blinded by your personal opinions of the company of it's birth.

I like it, not because it's Microsoft, but because it's a good piece of technology, which I for one would love to purchase, it's sleek and I would love one in the future.

Whose arsed what MS do or don't do, the fact is they have created something which will appeal to some people, wether Apple are creating another one or not is irrelevent, I feel sorry for anyone who is going to get an Apple version of one of these simply because it's an Apple.

Not once did it cross my mind, about MS's intentions behind this it's something, i've learnt about companies, that it doesn't matter what brand it is, it's what it does that counts.

Bah! to put it simply, I like it very much, wether it is Microsft or not doesn't affect me one bit

Yeah but sorry for sounding like a **** but ever since you got a mac you talk about how shit PC's are like you know everything about them.

I gave my opinion on it, and said some good things about it but not sure that a coffee table is the best place for the technology. either way it'll be years before a moderately priced retail unit comes out for normal people to buy. I didn't say shit to slag off microsoft really. I don't know everything about PCs else i'd probably have one lol

I gave my opinion on it, and said some good things about it but not sure that a coffee table is the best place for the technology. either way it'll be years before a moderately priced retail unit comes out for normal people to buy. I didn't say shit to slag off microsoft really. I don't know everything about PCs else i'd probably have one lol

I would love to see how the final software works. But hey - remember one thing: the technology has been around for years, it's just the reworking and combo that makes it good. So if I lay my hands on it (ha!, pun) I'll like or dislike it, for now I lvoe Microsoft for embracing such ideas.

It's all going to be about the software with this one, not the hardware. So i'de like to see a working demo with software before I actually dismiss this as 'posssible gadget of the year' and granting it a $1000 award for winning that giganticly oversized cup (reading 'awards 2007').

It looks good and all, but it has the usual problem with shit like this, kind of like the photo channel.

Nobody wants a £4000 photo viewer.

Plus if it was meant for general home use it wouldn't be very practical either.

I hate this kind of thread title, I've been wondering why there wasn't a Surface thread here, but your originality hide it from me.

Anyway, just to remember you guys, it isn't supposed for you guys to buy it, just stores, hotels, museums, etc.

I hate this kind of thread title, I've been wondering why there wasn't a Surface thread here, but your originality hide it from me.

Anyway, just to remember you guys, it isn't supposed for you guys to buy it, just stores, hotels, museums, etc.

For that, i think it'll be fantastic and really fun to use!

Yes it is actually, it'll be on sale to consumers in the near future (think I heard 1 or 2 years from now?)

Why would they have wireless synching, photo albums, puzzles etc...

Yes it is actually, it'll be on sale to consumers in the near future (think I heard 1 or 2 years from now?)

true, i don't like the idea of having to pay thousands for a table, that will gather stains etc etc and that you can't put your feet on!

I like the IDEA of this for the home, but i don't think a coffee table is the right device for me, and my life, and the lives of the people i know.

Well, I could have an elevator in my house, but they don't price it for normal households too.

Wireless syncing for stores, photos for museums, puzzles for a café.

I reckon this will be a lot more cheaper in a few years. And the "stains in the table" is a really bad excuse, it's made of acrylic, easily washable.

Well, I could have an elevator in my house, but they don't price it for normal households too.

Wireless syncing for stores, photos for museums, puzzles for a café.

I reckon this will be a lot more cheaper in a few years. And the "stains in the table" is a really bad excuse, it's made of acrylic, easily washable.

oooo i didnt know that.

I'd like to see if M$ can actually do something in the home space with this, more so than it has with its media center. It'll be great in commercial areas though.

oooo i didnt know that.

I'd like to see if M$ can actually do something in the home space with this, more so than it has with its media center. It'll be great in commercial areas though.

I agree, I really don't see everyone changing their decoration just so a giant black box would fit in the middle of the room.

As soon as they make this in wallpaper, I'm sold!!

Exactly! If they can us the paper-LCD technology and cram all the necessary hardware in, say, the size of an Xbox 360 AC adaptor (that's big enough to fit most computers, anyway) it would be the coolest things ever. Although i would honestly never put glue on the back of LCD paper. And off course, we still need it to be backlit since else it's a no-go for use in the dark. Damnit, still a lot of matters to resolve.

• 3 weeks later...
Funny video Takeo! But it did make it look like it has a lot of cool features as well.

I think thats because it was the official promotional video just with a different voice over.

I loved the bit about the two phones.

If they release Space Invades for this that would be awesome.