N-Europe

The Jeff Buckley Appreciation Thread

Roostophe

Just so you know this is not a copycat of the Jimi Hendrix thread, I realised just now that today is the 10th anniversary of his untimely death and I thought it best to make a thread where we can all appreciate his music.

To me, I look to Jeff the same way Jeff looked to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan: Jeff is my "Elvis" (only I don't actually like Elvis at all), and is perhaps my biggest influence in my as-yet unheard music.

There are a few Buckley fans on N-Europe and I'd like to see what you lads think about him, so post away please. :smile:

I'd never heard of him, bar your talk of him. Then he was on TV yesterday, pretty good stuff.

Yup, that was the worst contribution to a appreciation thread ever. I can't really appreciate when I have no idea what I'm talking about. In a Tool appreciation thread, maybe.

Jeff Buckley was funkin incredible ... his death is one of the greatest losses to modern music. He could have gone on to so much.

Still, Grace is perfect. I could live inside that album for months.

Couldn't agree more. Hearing his solo performance at sin'e is incredible, to then hear it recreated with a band for Grace is out of this world. A master singer/guitar player/songwriter.

:bowdown:

ok are we going to have one of these threads every time someone semi famous dies?

GREAT

Well, not really, this is more of a thread in tribute of a great musician who died 10 years ago today and has becoming more and more famous since then, as people wake up and hear his music and love it, and know that had he not died 10 years ago today, would have made more beautiful music, become more famous and become a living legend.

But it appears it is too much of a mouthful for an annoying prick such as yourself, mike.

My! I am an annoying prick because of my oppinion. I am glad that people on this board have learned that other people have views and can debate them in a mature and sensible way.

oh wait

Apparently not.

Thanks for the personal attack, glad you know me so well. What would the great Jeff have thought?:shakehead

My! I am an annoying prick because of my oppinion. I am glad that people on this board have learned that other people have views and can debate them in a mature and sensible way.

oh wait

Apparently not.

Thanks for the personal attack, glad you know me so well. What would the great Jeff have thought?:shakehead

If you post a mature and sensible opinion, I will post a mature and sensible reply. Seeing as your post was less mature and sensible and more the rambling of a silly fool. It was only natural to reply immaturely. :heh:

Doesn't stop him from blowing.

Thank you for your tribute. Mr. Shabbanator, please, go home now.

Jeff Buckley...Grace is one of my favourite albums of all time. Plus the Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk sound great too.

Simply one of the best voices to ever grace rock. And I love the way that Matt Bellamy and David Caggiari continue his legacy in their vocal styles.

RIP Jeff...

The only thing I'll tribute to him is my piss on his grave. Or somewhere which was important to him.

There I was, thinking that because this is called an APPRECIATION thread, people would come here and APPRECIATE Jeff Buckley, and about how they love his music, and that those without anything appreciative to say, would shut up, type nothing and not up their post count. It appears I was wrong.

Granted that everybody has an opinion, and that you're allowed to express it wherever and whenever, but don't you think that it is best if you just kept your trap shut at unnecessary points? The answer is a definite yes.