NEurope
Cube

The E3 2007 Anticipation Thread

Yeah. I doubt that Nintendo will be able to do best at this one, considering all the "big guns" are already announced, they would have to show off literally all their other IP's to really create a stir. Sony seem to have something big in the bank, don't know about what MS are gonna have.

My prediction = Sony, Ninty, MS.

I think Nintendo will own, and I think Sony won't rise up, I think they didn't want to confirm the pricedrop beforehand (I don't consider it a pricedrop since it's going for the original 20 GB pricetag) but everybody knew so they had to admit it like they did, I also think as they were kinda desperate they've shown all those titles and recieved no attention at Sony's gamers day a month or two back, so the real focus is Killzone, and most likely MGS4 if it doesn't turn out to be multiplatform.

GTA4 and FFXIII are probably out of the event too.

Microsoft could show a non-gamer concept and start going after Nintendo, but all in all... I think Nintendo will have the best showing they did that in the last couple of years when they were down, now they almost only have to keep going and show the third party games that are coming. (I smell loads of RPG's, although I can't figure if they'll announce them or not)

don't know about what MS are gonna have.

Halo3 and Banjo Threeie. Nevertheless I agree with you. Microsoft were brilliant last year, and subsecuently they've had a good year. This is opposed to Nintendo who also did well last year, but the months that followed suffered from the usual post-launch drag. Ninty still have a lot which they haven't released, which they can show, as do Sony (they just didn't show it). That's why I reckon Ninty and Sony will serve up, while MS might trip.

Nintendo will win simply because Reggie is speaking.

I want that guy to speak at my funeral.

This reminds me of watching the live feed of the legendary hit weak spot for massive damage etc. sony press conf. Little did i know at the time that it would be laughing stock for months to come.

I also remember joking off about how sony would just pull out a motion sensing controller out of the blue. Guess what...

Sony have just announced they will stream their conference live on teh internets!!1!

The playstation site to be exact

This reminds me of watching the live feed of the legendary hit weak spot for massive damage etc. sony press conf. Little did i know at the time that it would be laughing stock for months to come.

I also remember joking off about how sony would just pull out a motion sensing controller out of the blue. Guess what...

I remember, I was so pissed I even made this sig!

kenkutaragi230192849acoqc6.jpg

Aaaarergrhrgherghghrhhhrhhh!!!!!

Questions in both threadssssss!!

Nintendo will win simply because Reggie is speaking.

Agreed. Reggie really knows how to talk and sell, hes just full of confidence and I like his style. Although im still not sure who will "win" this year, it will be very close I think.

I am predicting Sony hands down will have the best presence this year with E3. After having one of the worst presentations of all time last year, they'll be eager to win back the faithful consumers with a spectacular showing.

I expect games like Killzone and MGS4 along with others to WOW attendees and gamers alike.

Microsoft, I don't know, only real surpise could be MGS4 going multi, but I don't like the chances of that happening.

Unfortunately I believe, Nintendo will have an underwhelming conference this year, we'll hear about some new good games, but no megaton announcements or any concrete details about the long term future of the console, more about the immediate future and only in relation to games, it'll be all about games and nothing else. No price drop what so ever. No details of improvements to interface, Mii channel or anything. Nothing spectacular, and will disappoint a lot of people, but they will reaffirm that the key titles are in fact releasing this year and near completion.

I'm in a rather ranty mood today, so start the ranting and controversy: I hope Nintendo will finally show of some new 1st-party-IP.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to MP: Corrpution, Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Wii as any other man/woman, but I really think Nintendo should come up with some new intellectual properties. Granted, there is a lot of 3rd-party-support to fill that gap (Eledees, to name but one), but I remember when the Gamecube launched, there were a lot of refreshing Nintendo IP's, like Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin to name but a few. They were fresh to play and loved them for that. Yes, there is the Wii-brand (WiiSport, WiiPlay, etc.) and ExciteTruck (while in the Excitebrand, it warrants it's own place), but none of those are exactely groundbreaking or fully-fledged games.

While it's true the Wii-controls are refreshing and revolutionary, why do they stick to the sure-hit-guns like Metroid, Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros., Mario Party (Ugh), Mario Kart and so on? Where are this generation's "Pikmins" (Oh, obviously, Pikmin doesn't count as new IP, nor does Pilotwings ;))? Where are the neat ideas contentwise? Where is the originality gamewise? They can come up with great controls, why not use them for new IP's too?

The only new 1st-party-IP I can come up with are Disaster: Day of Crisis and Project H.A.M.M.E.R., of which the latter is rumoured to be cancelled to focus on, you guessed it, the ongoing projects.

I don't say the traditional IP's should be neglected, on the contrary. I just wish Nintendo would surprise me like it once did. Everybody knew, even before the Wii was completely unveiled, there was going to be a new Mario, Zelda and Kart-game. As good as they may be, I want a new IP to sink my teeth into, as well as the more traditional IP's. I feel like they're burning through their IP's as if there is an expiringdate closing in on them.

IMO, they should spread their traditional IP's more and add some new IP's to the fold. But then again, I'm not a marketeer, am I? ;)

I think Nintendos will be a total letdown and Sonys Conference will be the better out of the three.

One new IP will be shown (Pimin, Pilotwings or Mario Kart) and new details on games we already know about (Disaster etc..).

Obviously not saying the new IP will be a letdown, just the predictable boring conference going on about sales will be...

:D "He was about kicking the bucket. He was about taking himself away from this world"

I also remember joking off about...

Woah, woah. Keep it to yourself, buddy. ;)

So E3 is upon us very soon. Im not sure there will be a 'winner' at all. It's no more huge lines waiting, big booths and all. Still, if you talk about 'megatons', I bet Sony will fight back this year. Big time. Last year they totally blew it. They had a bad and boring conference (as always) and Nintendo took the show.

Sony will have to do something in order to get the media back on their side. I'm expecting lots and lots of games (Heavenly Sword, Killzone 2, MGS 4, Home, LittleBigPlanet) and some new game announcements.

Nintendo, on the other hand, isnt in the underdog position. They're the one to beat. I fear they'll sit on their lazy asses, and do a "Pac-Man VS" on us, if you know what I mean. That said, they do have to show us 'hardcore' gamers they Wii is for everyone. So I'm expecting MP3 to be the main game, being demo'ed extensively, showing us Galaxy briefly, Wii-DS connectivity either through a new Channel or a new game. Smash won't be there, but hopefully a new trailer will be shown. Apart from that at least one new non-gamer title. Wii Health? Other than that, I'm not expecting much.

Microsoft has a lot of games to show, but I'm not expecting many surprises. Halo 3 will be their main focus. They'll convince us to get GTA4 on 360 rather than on PS3. At best, they will have a new exclusivity announcement. RE5 or Assasin's Creed a timed-exclusive?

Overall, I think Sony will get a lot of praise for showing a surprising line-up. Both Nintendo and Microsoft will have an enjoyable conference, but nothing earth-shattering to be expected.

I thought it was today because someone said last week "Only two more Smash Bros updates until E3". It was three. THREE DAMN IT!

I thought it was today because someone said last week "Only two more Smash Bros updates until E3". It was three. THREE DAMN IT!

lol'd right out of my chair :bowdown:

Yai I have broadband this year, so I can watch some of these E3 confrences! :bouncy:

What I would like to see :

Pilotwings Wii announced,

Animal Crossing Wii footage,

Plenty of Nintendo DS games announced - a few Mario titles, Advance Wars 2 maybe? Mario Party DS even???

News on Disaster, and that Project Hammer has not been canned,

Hints from Capcom people about Resi 5 being released on the Wii,

Plenty of Mii enabled channels due to be released soon,

More 3rd party support for the Virtual Console,

Some sort of harddrive add on for the Wii that you insert into the SD card slot,

And finally, just a teaser of Mario Kart, which would mean it is not coming out any time soon, and that Europe will be getting Smash Brothers at Christmas :heh:

And finally, just a teaser of Mario Kart, which would mean it is not coming out any time soon, and that Europe will be getting Smash Brothers at Christmas :heh:

Amen brother, Amen!

Woah, woah. Keep it to yourself, buddy. ;)

LOL

I'll "joke" off to nintendo's conference if they show me a playable smash brawl, an impressive mario kart and great new IP.

What I'd like to see:

New Zelda shown (and not cell shaded)

Pilotwings Wii shown (with the return of a regular airplane and the attack helicopter from the first Pilotwings)

Nintendo announce an FPS with online multiplayer, plus an MMORPG set in Hyrule

Wii motorsports unveiled, as it turns out, its a GT beater.

USB keyboard an microphone support to be available via next Wii update.

A new freebie game has been announced, to be downloadable from the Wii shop.

My bad... I excluded todays update... :shakehead

What I'd like to see:

New Zelda shown (and not cell shaded) --> Possible

Pilotwings Wii shown (with the return of a regular airplane and the attack helicopter from the first Pilotwings) --> Possible

Nintendo announce an FPS with online multiplayer, plus an MMORPG set in Hyrule --> Dreaming, there will be a few FPSs at E3 I reckon but nothing that particularly stands out

Wii motorsports unveiled, as it turns out, its a GT beater. Gran Turismo? --> Dreaming, but should be good if it is expanded upon regardless

USB keyboard an microphone support to be available via next Wii update. --> Unlikely, maybe for Japan next year but don't expect it at this conference which supposedly is new software orientated

A new freebie game has been announced, to be downloadable from the Wii shop. --> Maybe

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

I'd like to see some nice women working out during the demonstration of Wii Health Pack if its shown in a few hours time... Preferably in revealing attire.

Nintendo need to concetrate on some new blue ocean titles. Animal Crossing Wii, Wii Health (or my prefered title, Wii Keep Fit), a new Brain Training for Wii, perhaps Nintendogs (Wii Love Pets, maybe?!) and get these out before Christmas worldwide. Metroid and Mario are more than enough to keep the hardcore crowd happy over the festive period.

So, in my opinion its new titles ahoy for 3 hours time. Blue ocean on the way.