NEurope
Dante

DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3

As much as I love the games and DBZ, another game now will seem exactly the same, surely they can't add that many more characters or new advancements. To me, it will be too similar, although this is a very first opinion.

Nice. I was going to buy Budokai Tenkaichi 2 as my first DB game, but now i'll wait for BT3 hoping that it will support online play and widescreen wich BT2 didn't support.

Oooo it has vegeta's father and freeza's father. Coolio.

What more can they put in another DBZ game more characters...? I've got DBZ budokai tenkaichi 2, it has tones of players but most of them have very similar moves. I dont think there will much of a change in this new game, story line is always the same. It gets to repetitive.

Wonder what else they can even add.Last one had a lot.Gonna have to be something amazing for me to get it,like online or something.

If there isn't,as much of a DBZ fan I am,I might not bother getting it.

Wonder what else they can even add.Last one had a lot.Gonna have to be something amazing for me to get it,like online or something.

If there isn't,as much of a DBZ fan I am,I might not bother getting it.

I thought that, online would clinch it!

I'm enjoying BT2 very much at the moment. It's my very first DBZ game on the consoles, but i can't imagine what else they can add to the game besides an online component.

I mean, they've got virtually every meaningful character in there, the story mode covers everything from DBZ to DBZ GT. I just dont see myself buying a sequel to it if it's basically the same game. For those of us who have yet to get BT2, they might wanna wait for this one though.

It would be cool if they'd cover the original Dragon Ball series as well, though I'm not sure if it's possible as it was quite different from Z and GT.

Those pictures from the scans look almost exactly the same as possible fights rom DBZ2.. apart from a couple of new characters what else is there to do.

Couldn't they just add an online capability with DBZ2 if they wanted?

Those pictures from the scans look almost exactly the same as possible fights rom DBZ2.. apart from a couple of new characters what else is there to do.

Couldn't they just add an online capability with DBZ2 if they wanted?

Single player could be expanded on a fair bit, there were shit loads of fights missing from the last game.

I'm pretty happy with DBZ:BT2 on the Wii, if they wanted to add new characters and online vs modes couldn't they just make a download update or something on teh Wiiconnect24, a whole new game seems a bit much,... unless they manage to do something really special with new motion controls to make the BT2 ones even better

Just found this:

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 delivers an extreme 3D fighting

experience, improving upon last year's game with over 150 playable

characters, enhanced fighting techniques, beautifully refined effects and

shading techniques, making each character's effects more realistic, and

over 20 battle stages. In addition, an improved control system for the Wii

will allow players to easily mimic signature moves and execute devastating

energy attacks as they are performed in the Dragon Ball Z animated series.

"Atari is incredibly excited to offer the ultimate chapter in the

Budokai Tenkaichi series with over 20 new characters that have never been

seen in any other DBZ video games such as Nail, King Cold and King Vegeta

and battle stages that fans will love," said Emily Anadu, Senior Product

Manager, Atari, Inc. "Each year, the developers refine the game to bring

fans closer to feeling like they are actually playing the show."

In addition to the unprecedented number of characters and improved Wii

control system, the environments have also been enhanced to feature day and

night stages. The power of the moon in the night stages gives players

additional ways to transform their characters and lets fans recreate some

of their favorite memories from the show.

Sounds like they're barely doing anything. It sounds like a yearly EA sports game style sequel, refinements to a formula but essentially the exact same game since they know people will buy it again regardless.

No mention of online, I'm willing to bet it's not even an option to them.

If they manage to add online in the Wii version it will do very well. There really would be no excuse for the lack of this option now. The network is basically up and running and the developers have the necessary tools.

Scan

7062838520070720093337.jpg

Infomation

The Wii version is online.

Here are the modes that are available:

1. Custom battle: with a customized character

2. Normal Battle: with regular characters

3. Friend Battle: against a friend

4. Ranking Battle: battle to be the best in the world!

5. Ranking: world and national classifications

6. Shop: the shop.

I may get this as it would be the first in the series for me, I hope it includes classic control, and online will be fun.

It will be interesting to see how the online mode holds up as fighters are well known for the lag do to the speed of the game. If it is solid then I can see me picking this up.

Also, I changed the name of the thread :)

I'm glad i did not get Tenkaichi 2. This one has online, widescreen and all that tenkaichi 2 had, so this time i'm definitely getting it.

Widescreen has been confirmed, right? RIGHT?

Well I never owned Tenkaichi 2 either, but I know it was really good (except the controls weren't as easy as they bragged about) but with them refining that, online, widescreen (that should be given this time right!) and a serious DBZ fan, this is definately on my list to definately get!

Already have Tenkaichi 2 so I won't buy this one. I'll wait for the 5 one to buy. They release one per year.

I'm glad i did not get 2 but i will definatley get 3 can someone tell me if theres an exploring / rpg mode built in or something like that