NEurope
ReZourceman

Minutes To Midnight

There is no such thing as bad music. Period.

Haha, dude cmon, I like you and all, but thats just plain bullshit.

With music, as with all art, there is the shallow and trivial thats only for shortlived entertainment purposes, or even as background sound that's you're not active involved in; it's just there to fill the silence. And there's music that's created from the heart, by people that pour their life and their soul into the making and perfecting of their art; music that will stay with you for the rest of your life and that you can actually learn from.

In my mind I like to put these distinctions rather bluntly: Shit music, and good music. Period.

If there's no such thing as bad music, then equally there's no such thing as good music. I'd like to generally think that bad music is that which is tedious, boring, unpleasurable and a chore to listen to. In that sense, there is a lot of bad music.

I have to agree with what The Brad and Oxigen Waste said in this thread.

As long as there is people who like it then no matter what anybody else thinks it is good to them and thats that.

Oxigen you can express you opinions but your not stating facts.

Someone with sense!!!

Some people will like something, some wont, therefore "bad music" doesn;t really exist..well it does, but only what that single person thinks if you get what I mean lol

Its just peoples taste. Stop arguining lol, if you like a bad/hate a band thats that, end off, your not going to change someones mind.

Wow, Bard seems to have cloned himself, only somewhere during the process he seems to have lost all his charisma and everything else that makes him such a great (albeit sometimes frustrating) forumite.

Wow, Bard seems to have cloned himself, only somewhere during the process he seems to have lost all his charisma and everything else that makes him such a great (albeit sometimes frustrating) forumite.

But gained an interest in some good bands.

I should say that I don't like Linken Park however Oxigen really annoyed me by saying what he did when clearly they are quite a number of members on this board who like them.

I mean I loathe the Artic Monkeys and even though it may seem like thats only what my entire school listens to I don't go saying they are terrible and they should all delete them from their iPod's. With music you just can't say something is awful as a fact because like I said before there will always be people who like it.

Calza, have you been aquainted with the idea of bad taste...just maybe?

Calza, have you been aquainted with the idea of bad taste...just maybe?

Well yeah thats what I think everybody has at my school has :D

I don't particularly like Linkin Park, would never choose to listen to them, but it doesn't get me worked up if people do like them. I do, however, agree on the point that there is such a thing as bad music. Some music is just complete shite, just because someone likes this shit does not make it any better, it is still shit.

As long as there is people who like it then no matter what anybody else thinks it is good to them and thats that.

Thank you! People being a**holes just makes me more thran in the matter. :nono:

I like what i like. PERIOD. Get over yourselves. If we all listened to the same thing, if we all did what you bullies are trying to force, then this world would be very tragic indeed.

And don't anyone dare calling me narrow minded, just for saying the ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

But you are. Very.

You're basically saying that people can't like a band, removing personal taste from society - this makes you as bad as the NME, Radio 1 and various other publications/record companies. The difference is you're ammo is that popular music isn't as technically impressive

I've no dislike of Metal, nor any other genre. I listen to a lot of very varied music. Some of it is mainstream, some indie and some underground and do you know what? I like most of what i hear for different reasons!

EDIT: (from The Music Thread)

Hey, let's not get hasty... don't forget, you did it too. In fact, you started it!!! I believe one should be able to listen to whatever he wants without criticism... for god's sake, let's be adults here!

Inconsistent much? I think thats what you call "PWNED"

Alright lads, we'll back off, but you should know we only do this cause we're unhealthily obsessed with music, hence the reason we've such a strong opinion on it. Feel free to enjoy whatever you want to:

"You can like take a n00b to water, but you can't like make a n00b like drink"

- Teh Pwnerer.

:heh:

But you are. Very.

You're basically saying that people can't like a band, removing personal taste from society - this makes you as bad as the NME, Radio 1 and various other publications/record companies. The difference is you're ammo is that popular music isn't as technically impressive

How exactly do they remove personal taste?

Yeah, you're like me when I was your age... You'll grow out of that.

But you are. Very.

I've no dislike of Metal, nor any other genre. I listen to a lot of very varied music. Some of it is mainstream, some indie and some underground and do you know what? I like most of what i hear for different reasons!

EDIT: (from The Music Thread)

Inconsistent much? I think thats what you call "PWNED"

If you read my posts carefully enough, you would've concluded you just PWNED yourself. I too have a varied taste in music... in fact, if you read my last post I eve said I like some bad bands. But I know how to admit they're bad, that's just it. Poupular or not is not something that equals bad or good... The Who, Zeppelin, and a whole army of popular artists are great, the problem is that with the comercialization of music, along came shit like Linkin Park that make what I like to call "crowd pleasing music".It's predictable crap that predictably uses the most popular elements of other popular original artists to produce predictable predicatbility. =)

You should have the freedom to like whatever you want, but you should also have the common sense to admit wheter it's good or bad.

You know what the overall problem here is?

You people assume that just because you like something, it's good... that's a total misconception.

I like allot of crap. And I know it. And I like it anyway.

I don't get why people get so elitist over music. People like different things. It's like: I can't stand anything tomato, so I hate Pizza. Other people love it. I can't stand classical music, yet there are people who love it. So many people at my school including most of my best friends like Fallout Boy. I hate them. I love Incubus. Others hate them.

Get over it.

I don't get why people get so elitist over music. People like different things. It's like: I can't stand anything tomato, so I hate Pizza. Other people love it. I can't stand classical music, yet there are people who love it. So many people at my school including most of my best friends like Fallout Boy. I hate them. I love Incubus. Others hate them.

Get over it.

That's not the problem... As I'm tired of explaining it, I'll use movies to explain it:

These guys are trying to say that "American Pie 3" is a good movie, when clearly it's not. You may like it, but it's not gonna change the fact that it sucks. Hey, I laughed watching it, but it's dab cinema.

Simple, huh?

Now apply that to music.

Get over it.

I think it's quite elitist to think that every band you like is good and every band you don't like is bad. (This isn't pointed at anyone btw :heh: )

I think it's quite elitist to think that every band you like is good and every band you don't like is bad. (This isn't pointed at anyone btw :heh: )

Precisely!!!! God... someone who understands!

Precisely!!!! God... someone who understands!

Oh come on OW. You thought you were gonna find any intelligence in a Linkin Park thread? :heh:

Oh come on OW. You thought you were gonna find any intelligence in a Linkin Park thread? :heh:

Well, we're here... :D

Well, we're here... :D

Well, as always, we are the exceptions that prove the rule :heh:

this thread is fucking shit. Get over to my thread about good music, you bastards.