NEurope
ReZourceman

Minutes To Midnight

erm, I might be missing something here but nobody has. Infact, I'd say Bard has done the most dissing here, albeit abstractly by calling linkin park "inane, trite bollocks"

I really have nothing against you - but what the ..... was that about?

Is it really necesary posting a load of threads slagging off a band? Its out of order.

Ok you don't like them thats completely fair, but enoughs enough.

*ahem*

On topic. I've listened to it more, i'd probably say i like Hybrid Theory/Meteora better, but as someone said before better to release something different than the same old stuff, theres a lot of bands that do it.

Just to illustrate my obsession with Linkin Park:

wmplist.jpg

Its called your opinion, not absolute truth.

When will people cease to force their opinions on others, and instead let people enjoy what they want.

[still awaiting my cd from play.com :-\]

Its all your OPINION. Opinion is not absolute. I think Linkin Park are good. Shoot me.

I'd rather be dead, than have people like you telling me what is good and what isn't.

Why can you not just let people enjoy music that entertains them? Music doesn't have to be complex to be good.

Why is that people like you and The Bard will not accept that to many people music is about entertainment, or relating to the lyrics not how well the band can play their instruments and that everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

listened to it bout 5 times now really gettin into now its a pretty decent album

forcing opinions of linkin park are shit isnt gunna make anyone change there mind on them

There is no such thing as bad music. Period.

As long as there is people who like it then no matter what anybody else thinks it is good to them and thats that.

Oxigen you can express you opinions but your not stating facts.

Winning posts. Especially Calza's.

All the winning post are made from the people that think by using they're logic they can stop people from criticizing what they like....

Like they´re going to apologize or something...

Oh come on OW. You thought you were gonna find any intelligence in a Linkin Park thread? :heh:

And here we have the real comedian.. har har har..

*sigh*

Basically it boils down to this;

Elitists: Like only what they consider to be tasteful

Casuals/Fans: Think what they listen to doesn't matter, are tired of being criticized for their music tastes.

They are brought together by a game forum and nerd rage ensues.

Winning posts. Especially Calza's.

If there truly is a winning post, it's this one:

I think it's quite elitist to think that every band you like is good and every band you don't like is bad. (This isn't pointed at anyone btw :heh: )

The problem is the definition of Bad and Good. You're talking about technical ability here without stating so. Technical ability is factual, whether or not a band is good is opinion

I saw an interview with Pelle Almqvist (lead singer of The Hives) earlier and he put it pretty well. When asked why he thought The Hives were the best band in the world he said: "We have the skill to make the music we want to make, this makes us the best band in the world for us."

If a band/singer/group etc is making the exact sort of music that an individual likes then doesn't that make them the best band in the world for that person? And if so is it not right that people can refer to bands with low technical skill as good?

I think it's quite elitist to think that every band you like is good and every band you don't like is bad.

I agree with you here mate. I don't set out to ruin other people threads like some people are.

Oh come on OW. You thought you were gonna find any intelligence in a Linkin Park thread?

Yeah you know my (and other LP fans) intelligence, due to one small fact. YEAH. Why don't you just fuck off already?

This should have been long locked by now.

Actually got the album today. But I've been listening to hellogoodbye more, so no opinion yet.

I love linkin Park (most listened to band) but if you honestly think they're really talented then GOD you're way off.

I love linkin Park (most listened to band) but if you honestly think they're really talented then GOD you're way off.

I think the point at hand is that they have some form of talent, they are talented enough to make albums etc. But obviously they are not the most talented musicians the world has ever seen.

Goron... you = salvation. Teach them. =)

This should have been long locked by now.

The current practise is not to lock the threads teh Bard tries to derail but to let them run in the vein hope that he tires of music trolling.:laughing:

As a neutral I find the whole debacle highly amusing particularly the Dan Brown comment.

The current practise is not to lock the threads teh Bard tries to derail but to let them run in the vain hope that he tires of music trolling.:laughing:

As a neutral I find the whole debacle highly amusing particularly the Dan Brown comment.

Nevargh!!!!

Looks like I don't need to read the rest of this thread, I'm guessing it's 1 page of sense and 3 pages of arguing ;)

I enjoyed Hybrid Theory and Meteora, so I guess there's a good chance I'll like the new album.

I think this thread is really amusing.

I mean, Linken Park suck beanbag, but Bard is making it worth reading at least while it's here to clog up page space.

It kind of left being an argument about LP pages ago when it became clear that nobody really wanted to defend them...

If there truly is a winning post, it's this one:

Thank you... I do try my best :heh:

I agree with you here mate. I don't set out to ruin other people threads like some people are.

Well I'm not here to take sides. I'm just agreeing with some of the points of debate (to be fair I'm not really here to discuss Linkin Park, I don't like them).

Another point, musical talent isn't just instrumental ability, it's also compositional skills that are good for the genre you're righting for.

It kind of left being an argument about LP pages ago when it became clear that nobody could possibly defend them...

Fixed it for factual content