N-Europe

Bloody drivers

Excelle

Someone came too far across the road and smashed my wing mirror this morning. So now I have to get it replaced.

Anyone know where I stand legally driving with a broken driver's side mirror in the meantime (in the UK)? Can I drive happily until I get to the garage to get it fixed, as my rear view is fine? Or am I risking 'driving an unroadworthy vehicle' each second I'm on the road until it's fixed?

I think you'll be ok. If you get pulled over just say you are on the way to the garage or it's getting fixed later today or something.

As for getting new mirrors, what car is it? I got a new wing mirror dead cheap and brand new off ebay and fitted it myself. :D

Focus 04 plate.

I have no chance of fitting one myself, my car knowledge doesn't extend beyond dipping the oil ;)

The whole unit needs replacing too, not just the glass, even though there's only one tiny bit inside that's broken. Gah :nono:

I thought this thread was going to be about computer drivers...

Same, I was all ready to move it to tech :heh:

And yea I'm sure you'd be ok driving to the garage. Not like the police can expect you to get your car towed away to a garage over a mirror. Guess you don't have a clue who did it?

Same, I was all ready to move it to tech :heh:

And yea I'm sure you'd be ok driving to the garage. Not like the police can expect you to get your car towed away to a garage over a mirror. Guess you don't have a clue who did it?

Some Toyota that just drove off without stopping. Will probably cost more for them ;)

It will cost a little shy of £90, which is twice the cost of the part, but I need it doing now so I can go to work (instead of playing Zelda - I must be mad!)

It is ok to drive with a broken left mirror(passenger side) BUT it is illegal to drive with a broken drivers side.

You sure this is true? My first car was an old skool Micra and it didn't even have a wing mirror on the drivers side as standard!

I think you're ok as long as you have 2 working mirrors, don't quote me on that to the police though :p