Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

theguyfromspark

That ferriswheel bit is an absolute bitch. Every time I start doing relatively well in it I get raped by a dog or something.

Playing through on the 2nd hardest difficulty (first time playing) and just can't get passed it. Any tips?

Camp and lay claymores + C4. Also, get yourself an assault rifle as soon as you can. Comes in handy when people start closing in.

I always stand to the back right of the ferris wheel, behind a metal pillar. Seems ample cover, clays cover my left and i shoot out between the dodgems + ferris wheel with C4 in that general area in case i get over-run.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An easier option is this.

Say your at the back next to the ferris wheel, if you run straight ahead and to the right down an alley there is a little nook in the wall just next to the door where the enemies usually spawn ( they wont ) and where the intel was. Now just sit there and wait until the chopper arrives as no enemies will attack you. Then just throw your flashes and peg it back to the guy you need to carry, pick him up and away you go :)

Say your at the back next to the ferris wheel, if you run straight ahead and to the right down an alley there is a little nook in the wall just next to the door where the enemies usually spawn ( they wont ) and where the intel was. Now just sit there and wait until the chopper arrives as no enemies will attack you. Then just throw your flashes and peg it back to the guy you need to carry, pick him up and away you go :)

Yeah, but thats cheating...

Easier said than done aswell

• 2 weeks later...

Infinity Ward has detailed changes expected in the upcoming patch for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare on Xbox 360.

The update on community relations director Robert Bowling's blog adds that the playlist changes detailed will apply to the PS3 version as well, although that version will have "different patch changes".

Advertisement

Those playlist changes, then, will see Showdown added to the Team Deathmatch, Free-For-All, Sabotage, Search and Destroy, Hardcore TDM, Hardcore S&D and Old School rotations, while Mercenary TDM will be opened up to people who don't want to be match-made with clans or parties.

There are also other maps added to various rotations, score limit changes and a few other gameplay tweaks, but more than we clearly thought when we started doing this list so we're going to give up and advise you to browse through the changes yourselves.

The 360 patch is listed as due out this month.

:( 2nd to last mission, the hallways.

I just can't do it. I've been trying for an hour solid. Such stupidly accurate and powerful and FUCKING CHEAP AI. Is kicking my ass over and over. I simply can't do it.

After many painful attempts i have completed the main game on vet, but however i just can't do the mile high achievment (vet on the plane). I'm starting to think it is impossible...

Some people do think it is impossible however...

*Has not even got it yet* :(